Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

clearly on the left part of the curve lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
isn't that the 'libertarian' guy that had a copy of Mein Kampf and said Hitler was a role model?

are all libertarians secretly fash?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

and i must meme posted:

isn't that the 'libertarian' guy that had a copy of Mein Kampf and said Hitler was a role model?

Fash who wanna smoke weed

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Montasque posted:

I kinda figured that most people on the alt-right were just trolling, and this kinda confirms it.

Exception: Richard Spencer, he actually believes this poo poo.

E: I like the part where he says Generation Z will harness meme magik more powerfully than 30 year old 300lbs virgins.

looking at that video somewhat sickens me a little, because at certain points in the video it felt like they were simply just Model Minority mouthpieces for the Alt-Right to go "look see totally not bigoted! :downs:"

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
We need to identify Steve Bannon's SA account. He is too slovenly and nerdy to not be a goon. Or maybe he was Fark only?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

THE F*CKING... THE BLUE PILLS

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Mnoba posted:

Trumpism itself is trolling, it's amazing that people on SA don't realize it and fall for it.

this post is hella bad

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

and i must meme posted:

Fascism is late stage capitalism in decay so yes

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Montasque posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvouLOjKgqk

Channel 4 profile on the Alt-Right. The kids are hosed.

its probably unrelated to the point of the video but i am lmaoing at the FAKE NEWS graphic playing in the background during the introduction. what the hell omg

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
plenty of libertarians come out monarchist/fascist as the natural conclusion of going deep into their ideology

Arcteryx Anarchist has issued a correction as of 17:09 on Feb 10, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Race Realists posted:

They're in comics fandom too, where they can be seen bitching and screaming about current Marvel being part of the evil SJW menace

they love DC because it's the same sad pathetic White Male Power fantasies minus none of the pesky diversity (coincidentally, DC Comics also has the most writers known for sexually harassing female writers)

People get so fuckin mad about Thor being a lady even when I explain that the writer has been doing a story that lead up to it for like four years and is in the process of giving Thor Odinson a hammer again and made it a Huge Deal so it's not like they just went THOR ID A LADY

Which to be clear I would also be cool with

Mark Waid writing some mealy mouthed bullshit where Muslim-American teen Ms marvel stops her team members from punching a guy who literally burned down a mosque on the other hand,

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lancemantis posted:

plenty of libertarians come out monarchist/fascist as the natural conclusion of going deep into their ideology

So I started getting into anarchism as like an idea recently, because why not, and one of the books I found has a massive segment dedicated to basically going "ancaps can suck a dick" and every time they write it out it's "anarcho"-capitalism and you can just feel the hate in those quotation marks

It's great

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its because ancaps are just liberal capitalists who also think slavery is a good idea to bring back

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
why do all ancaps assume they'd be the super ayn rand billionaire instead of one of the slaves?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
also because anarchism has a well established literature to it, and an-caps basically go 'lol yeah aint reading any of that poo poo but imma steal the name anyway'

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
actually the greatest concern ancaps have is overturning the napviolating and insidious overreach of age of consetn laws

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Race Realists posted:

They're in comics fandom too, where they can be seen bitching and screaming about current Marvel being part of the evil SJW menace

they love DC because it's the same sad pathetic White Male Power fantasies minus none of the pesky diversity (coincidentally, DC Comics also has the most writers known for sexually harassing female writers)

this was especially hilarious when they decided that they were going to boycott the sjw marvel movies and go see the totally alpha dc movies a hundred times apiece. Then, when they don't beat out the marvel films they're competing with, they say (((hollywood))) is fudging the numbers.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Mordekai posted:

Yeah, excactly. It's really counter productive to apply the fascist and nazi label on people one disagrees with.

Case in point:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/trump-supporters-and-neo-nazis-are-using-secret-chat-rooms-t?utm_term=.yj96lN23Kd#.an7LM08wvX

Infamous Nazi Jackie 4chan.

Race Realists posted:

looking at that video somewhat sickens me a little, because at certain points in the video it felt like they were simply just Model Minority mouthpieces for the Alt-Right to go "look see totally not bigoted! :downs:"

There seems to be A LOT of alt-righters of colour, especially South and East Asian men.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque posted:

There seems to be A LOT of alt-righters of colour, especially South and East Asian men.

Not like Fascism has ever happened in SE Asia or East Asia before right?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Venom Snake posted:

Not like Fascism has ever happened in SE Asia or East Asia before right?

It's almost as if all humans are dumb and bad.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
not me

*shifty eyes*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

cumshitter posted:

actually the greatest concern ancaps have is overturning the napviolating and insidious overreach of age of consetn laws

the actual symbol of ancaps is a child sex slave auction

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

and i must meme posted:

why do all ancaps assume they'd be the super ayn rand billionaire instead of one of the slaves?

Let me tell you about something called the Dunning Kruger effect, my guy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if those children didnt want to be sex slaves, they shouldnt have been born to someone who owed debts

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/thecampaignbook/status/830078936533102592

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque posted:

It's almost as if all humans are dumb and bad.

If all humans were dumb and bad Trump's proposals would have higher than a 30% approval

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Venom Snake posted:

If all humans were dumb and bad Trump's proposals would have higher than a 30% approval

Depending on the poll they do.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

and i must meme posted:

The mixture of truth and '''irony''' makes them drat near impossible to argue with. If you call them out on anything they will dodge it by saying it was just a joke. If you explain to them why making a racist joke is still racist then they will ask 'why are you so offended?'. And they will continue asking basically as long as you talk to them. It makes it incredibly frustrating to talk to them, which I assume is the point.

You make an excellent point. This is absolutely nothing new with Nazis. Sartre said it best in 1944:

quote:

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play.

They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Al! posted:

its because ancaps are just liberal capitalists who also think slavery is a good idea to bring back

Oh I know why it's just funny how palpable the hate is

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHhQc6ZxFTA

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i want to know why the sight of cruz with earbuds in sicks me out slightly more than a normal cruz. maybe it looks like a long thin stream of white liquid pouring out of the holes in teh sides of his human mask????

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

i'm not even going to bother to watch it but from the thumbnails i can tell that even ted cruz is embarrassed and ashamed that he is forced to interact with these smooth-brained dopes lol

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Zikan posted:

i'm not even going to bother to watch it but from the thumbnails i can tell that even ted cruz is embarrassed and ashamed that he is forced to interact with these smooth-brained dopes lol

cruz is incapable of feeling embarrassment or shame

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Al! posted:

i want to know why the sight of cruz with earbuds in sicks me out slightly more than a normal cruz. maybe it looks like a long thin stream of white liquid pouring out of the holes in teh sides of his human mask????

Yeah, it looks like his human mask is about to slide off revealing his slime face.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

remember when cruz punched his wife in the face right after his concession speech bahahah

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Cruz hitting the Neo-Newsies circuit is his way of building brand identity with the under 25s.

And by brand identity I mean pure revulsion and disgust.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Karl Barks posted:

remember when cruz punched his wife in the face right after his concession speech bahahah

Remember when Trump said his wife was ugly then charged that his father killed JFK?

Then he campaigned for him.

That's who Ted Cruz is.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

thats cuz trump didn't insult cruz's true wife, the inky blackness of the abyss

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
why the gently caress does crowder have what looks like a lazy susan for pipes on the edge of his desk. why doe sh eneed six cheap rear end pipes as a prop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
LOL look at this loser without any pipes I got like 50