Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Skippy Granola posted:

Giving the banks a break with lighter regulations is risking another market crash. AGC.

That's the intended message, duder. The Economist may be focused on economics, but so's Paul Krugman. Their cartoonist is especially sane and on-point, too.

VV :hfive:

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 10, 2017

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Abyssal Squid posted:

That's the intended message, duder. The Economist may be focused on economics, but so's Paul Krugman. Their cartoonist is especially sane and on-point, too,

Please replace "AGC" with "drat straight"

I thought it was legitimately a good comic

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

santanotreal posted:

It's actually sad how stupid you'd need to be to see millions of protestors (or, hell, even just a thousand) and think "they must be paid to protest", as if 1)the only reason someone would have to protest is if they're paid to do it, 2) someone has the money to constantly pay for protests and 3) the only way someone could possibly have a differing opinion than you is again if they're paid for it.

AND 4) These fuckers who are being paid are still in the wrong, despite acting in their rational best interest by taking what obviously must be fuckloads of money in order to be paid violent hooligans, because __________________

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Ramirez's artwork has improved.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a big ole automated convoy, Rubber Duck!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HA HA SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT, EH PUP? I BET THEY'D PUNCH ONE OF THEM ICKY TRANS IF THEY SUPPORTED TRUMP

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Wanna hug that pup

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Save that pup from Lester's House o' Hate!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Wanna hug that pup

I want Lester to stop feeding it poo poo.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

OldTennisCourt posted:

I like that Red Panels, who literally supports ISIS by the way, has flip flopped on the Anti-Fa thing. Which is it ISIS supporter, are they fully funded Soros decoy robots or EEEEEEEEEEEVIL liberals beating up plucky little Nazis?

Are you saying that his rhetorical focus is constantly shifting?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I want Lester to stop feeding it poo poo.

like dogs need human interference to eat poo poo

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

A trans person who wears Ivanka Trump is a hypocrite, because Ivanka Trump is not a good representative for women. AGC.

Like if it wasn't for the 5 o clock shadow this would actually be a fairly progressive cartoon for Lester.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

albany academy posted:

A trans person who wears Ivanka Trump is a hypocrite, because Ivanka Trump is not a good representative for women. AGC.

Like if it wasn't for the 5 o clock shadow this would actually be a fairly progressive cartoon for Lester.

Except the intended punchline is probably "See? Given the right circumstances liberals hate trans people as well!"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Folks who are buying this might want to check out the unicorns thread for a better understanding of the ethos of Uber, around both people and regulations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

SomeMathGuy posted:

Except the intended punchline is probably "See? Given the right circumstances liberals hate trans people as well!"

Liberals only like women who agree with them.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

That Westworld gag needs more love holy poo poo :eyepop:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

the_steve posted:

Liberals only like women who agree with them.
It's more like "liberals are only willing to pretend that trans women are actually women when they agree with them". (gently caress you, Lester.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"Tear open this box" elicited a giggle from me. That's a good one.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

SomeMathGuy posted:

In fairness, liberals have a long history of hating Republican trans women (in Mike Lester cartoons).

Bonus Bok:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

stdh.jpg

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

"Unlike you hypocrites my party hates all transpeople. :smug:"

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

In fairness, liberals have a long history of hating Republican trans women (in Mike Lester cartoons).

Bonus Bok:

Liberals can hate Cait Jenner and her politics all they want, but they will still respect that she's a woman. That's a big difference that Bok and Lester aren't getting.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

well they're respecting her pronouns in this one, i don't see an issue with these women's conduct Mike, AGC

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SomeMathGuy posted:

Which is the usual "Haha you're judging them on the content of their character instead of the color of their skin/contents of their underwear, what a hypocrite!!!" type bullshit that the Right ALWAYS thinks is some sort of slam dunk instead of them missing the point so badly it's in danger of hitting the sun.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Every time a news story about a transgender person being murdered happens Lester has to stop himself from making a "It's a good start!" cartoon.

What I'm saying is that Lester would wholeheartedly support the mass murder of all LGBTQ people and would probably help out if he could.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

OldTennisCourt posted:

Every time a news story about a transgender person being murdered happens Lester has to stop himself from making a "It's a good start!" cartoon.

What I'm saying is that Lester would wholeheartedly support the mass murder of all LGBTQ people and would probably help out if he could.
As a drunken wife-beater, Lester pretty much automatically wins for being the biggest scumbag posted in the thread.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Rebel Blob posted:

As a drunken wife-beater, Lester pretty much automatically wins for being the biggest scumbag posted in the thread.

No no, you don't understand, Michelle Obama's butt is HUGE! What aren't you getting about this?!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I used to deeply dislike Lester, McCoy, and Asay, but these past few weeks have made me utterly loathe them.

I think I finally realized that they would all gleefully support genocide. People can hem and haw about 'oh be real, you're being absurd' but no, Lester would happily stand by and watch the mass murder of every single LGBTQ person and participate if he could. Red Panels would join ISIS if they focused themselves on women and other Muslims, Asay is pure evil and McCoy is a monster in human form.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Still waiting for my Soros bucks.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Still waiting for my Soros bucks.

Someone make a cartoon where a protestor is disappointed to find that they were paid in Soros bucks instead of US dollars.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Murdoch and the Gove-Trump interview – It has been revealed that Rupert Murdoch was in the room during Donald Trump’s recent interview for the Times with former Tory minister"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Corbyn widely mocked for tweeting 'real fight starts now' after voting for Brexit Bill; Australian man trapped for five hours with nose just above mud after digger fell into dam used 'yoga pose' to survive

Independent:

NHS Health Check: Hunt says NHS problems 'unacceptable'

The i paper:

Times:

Archbishop and Tory MPs criticise closure of child refugee scheme

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The rest

After Sycophant Ben of course, Priggee seems to draw the most flattering Trump caricature out there.

Sandpuppy fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 10, 2017

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Duke Igthorn posted:

Which is the usual "Haha you're judging them on the content of their character instead of the color of their skin/contents of their underwear, what a hypocrite!!!" type bullshit that the Right ALWAYS thinks is some sort of slam dunk instead of them missing the point so badly it's in danger of hitting the sun.

How many of them also turned out comics where MLK was embarrassed that people were supporting Obama because he's black? I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of overlap between the "you should evaluate Obama critically" and the "how dare you evaluate Jenner critically" crowd.

Plus there's the whole "Caitlyn Jenner's chosen party wants to strip her of her rights and see her in an institution or a grave" thing.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Hey maybe I just filter it out but you know what we haven't seen much of lately? Thread favourite master of subtlety Carlos Latuff! Let's see what he's been up to.

America is bad

Donald Trump is bad

Another one for the Statue of Liberty pile.

Donald Trump is bad also Netanyahu

Donald Trump is... maybe good? But only if he pisses off Netanyahu

No really Netenyahu is bad

...you sure about this one, Carlos? You sure?

A response to this thing, apparently this one got his Twitter account blocked in Turkey.

A cartoon supporting the vital work of fans of Glasgow football team Celtic who are petitioning world renowned superstar Rod Stewart not to do a concert in Israel, sure why not

Also there was a few others about Brazil which I'm too ignorant to translate/interpret to any level of detail

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

To defend Latuff, he does make his cartoons with the expectation that they'll end up on protest signs, and that's not exactly where one goes for subtlety.

His art, however, has gotten really worse. It's like he's coloring his toons with magic marker.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

But they're still enablers and pushovers?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Pants Donkey posted:

To defend Latuff, he does make his cartoons with the expectation that they'll end up on protest signs, and that's not exactly where one goes for subtlety.

His art, however, has gotten really worse. It's like he's coloring his toons with magic marker.

You may remember, but for a while recently Latuff colored on a slightly-opaque layer over the linework with a large round brush and it looked really crude. I barely recall someone on twitter asking him about it and his response was basically "kiss my rear end"

:nws:here's an example, of exemplary latuffness:nws:

Honestly watercolor markers are a step up from that, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Angepain posted:

Donald Trump is... maybe good? But only if he pisses off Netanyahu

I doubt showing Donald dropping a grenade on a mosque means to show him in a positive light.

• Locked thread