Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Solice Kirsk posted:

Out of curiosity, what is a great chest exercise?

For optimal chest gains you need to be doing some sort of fly movement. I like standing cable flies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
But goons already spend all day eating poo poo

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Crossfit isn't that bad. It's the people that do Crossfit that are bad.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I do not get the hate/love for those Funko Pop things. I really don't quite get why anyone cares.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Das Boo posted:

I do not get the hate/love for those Funko Pop things. I really don't quite get why anyone cares.

They're this <arbitrary period of time>'s beanie babies fad.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

They're this <arbitrary period of time>'s beanie babies fad.

Ha, really? Man, am I out of the loop.
I had a lot of Beanie Babies as a kid, but I was indeed a kid and played with them.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If you played with them, then they were just toys rather than Beanie Babies® - congrats on having sane parents

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Das Boo posted:

Ha, really? Man, am I out of the loop.
I had a lot of Beanie Babies as a kid, but I was indeed a kid and played with them.

Back in 1998 I had an old lady scold me when I mentioned I took the tags off of my Beanie Babies.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

steinrokkan posted:

Camping is fine for people who can stand getting away from their PC / X Box for more than a day without getting the shakes, hth.

I don't mind getting away from my computer - I don't even have internet on my phone, so I'm offline basically anywhere I go - but I won't go anywhere that doesn't have a proper toilet, and I hate cooking on a campfire and eating in the dark.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

I don't mind getting away from my computer - I don't even have internet on my phone, so I'm offline basically anywhere I go - but I won't go anywhere that doesn't have a proper toilet, and I hate cooking on a campfire and eating in the dark.

You live in Australia, camping there just sounds like an invitation to get mauled or poisoned

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aesop Poprock posted:

You live in Australia, camping there just sounds like an invitation to get mauled or poisoned

Mauled? By what? Camping anywhere with bears seems way more dangerous than anywhere I've camped in Australia.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

Mauled? By what? Camping anywhere with bears seems way more dangerous than anywhere I've camped in Australia.

drop bears

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mu Zeta posted:

Crossfit isn't that bad. It's the people that do Crossfit that are bad.

A lot of the stuff crossfit has you do is good. It's the crossfit approach that's bad.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtrYO-Mog60

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

bean_shadow posted:

Back in 1998 I had an old lady scold me when I mentioned I took the tags off of my Beanie Babies.

Well she's probably dead now, so at least you showed her.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

There's a short movie/documentary on youtube about a family that went absolutely mental over beanie babies and put all their savings and every spare penny they had into buying them as an investment. Buying out all the local toy stores' stock as soon as they opened after getting a delivery, going on cross country trips just to find rare ones, that sort of thing. They still had thousands of worthless beanie babies all neatly sorted sitting in their basement. It seemed like they had come to their senses and accepted that they had been stupid though.

At work at the moment so I can't look it up, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Das Boo posted:

Well she's probably dead now, so at least you showed her.

Taking off the tags killed her?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Collateral Damage posted:

There's a short movie/documentary on youtube about a family that went absolutely mental over beanie babies and put all their savings and every spare penny they had into buying them as an investment. Buying out all the local toy stores' stock as soon as they opened after getting a delivery, going on cross country trips just to find rare ones, that sort of thing. They still had thousands of worthless beanie babies all neatly sorted sitting in their basement. It seemed like they had come to their senses and accepted that they had been stupid though.

At work at the moment so I can't look it up, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgDsyj5eLmo

It's a grim watch.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Corona tastes good.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I agree!

Beer derail incoming!

:cheers:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Corona and other beers like it are like water, which is fine because water is good. Not every beer has to be an imperial stout.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

When its hot out lagers are best. When its cold out stouts are best.

It is known.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
All Belgians taste like bad bananas and the way burning tires smell.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Solice Kirsk posted:

It is known.

Nah light lagers when it's hot. Dark ones when it's cold.

Lagers 4 lyfe yo

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Solice Kirsk posted:

It is known.

I go porter when it's cold.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Field Mousepad posted:

Nah light lagers when it's hot. Dark ones when it's cold.

Lagers 4 lyfe yo

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
The most overrated beer style is the barrel-aged stout. The aging process takes away any nuance and adding random spices or fruits only makes the beer interesting again for the first few sips.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

I try new beers all the time but lagers are my go to. Ipa's are too hoppy and stouts are like drinking a meal.

Different strokes for different folks.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

No argument from me there man. Just had an excuse to post that picture.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

That beer is alright but ultimately pretty mellow tasting compared to many others. Imperial stouts and baltic porters are the best because they combine being dark and heavy with being bitter and overpowering.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Soiled Meat

Hobgoblin is poo poo.

Lagers rule, and people who say they have no taste have ruined their palate with swill.

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff
Hurricane malt liquor tastes pretty good. It certainly has more flavor than the beers other people would be drinking when talking poo poo on Hurricane. Dos Equis is okay, if a bit skunky, it is not better than Hurricane.

If there was no wrestling, there would be no rap music about Ric Flair, ergo wrestling is good, but I will not watch it.

Issac Hayes' cover of "Close to You" is better than The Carpenters' in every way.

Dragon's Dogma is a boring video game, and is strong evidence for why making every game open-world is a bad idea.

↓↓↓nah↓↓

Tony Bologna has a new favorite as of 20:28 on Feb 10, 2017

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Nine Inch Nails original Hurt is better than the Johnny Cash cover.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
If we're talking covers, Orgy's cover of Blue Monday is better than the original New Order version.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Guano Apes' Big in Japan > original.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Disturbed's Land of Confusion is better than Genesis' original

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

doverhog posted:

Nine Inch Nails original Hurt is better than the Johnny Cash cover.

Yes

bradzilla posted:

Disturbed's Land of Confusion is better than Genesis' original

No

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
all covers suck

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

all covers suck

"Covers" don't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I quietly hate that everyone prefers Marilyn Manson's version of Sweet Dreams over The Eurythmics.