Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how closely their words match up to what they've made. I do like that they're playing it close to their vest with all the details. Prevents expectations from getting out of hand by over-promising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

MadBimber posted:

twileks are hot so yeah. cat jowls mcdupeface just looks like bad claymation

Whoa man that's my fetish

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

For the multiplayer part of the OP

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Ninja Asari. Nice.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Im still mad we didn't get a Salarian squadmate again. Mordin was cool and we had a Turian/Asari in literally every game.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

SgtSteel91 posted:

actually that salarian looks dope so im back to preorder

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Wonder what the enemy factions are going to be in MP.

Kett, Milky Way Mercs, and.......... Geth, why not.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

AngryBooch posted:

Wonder what the enemy factions are going to be in MP.

Kett, Milky Way Mercs, and.......... Geth, why not.

There was some quick combat videos with Remnant Syntheitc enemies... so yeah basically Geth.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SgtSteel91 posted:

There was some quick combat videos with Remnant Syntheitc enemies... so yeah basically Geth.

Goddamn. Bioware's so loving lazy.

Anyway, are Remnants like whatever the Protheans were to the Milky Way? Old died-off race of special aliens?

How cool would it have been to have a sentient plant-based lifeform that drapes itself over a robotic underskeleton to propel itself around, instead of literally just another lovely ROBOT mk 2? Think of the cool culture that would allow to be explored? At least that way they could have kept the robot skeletal meshes that they're recycling. Make some Swamp-Thing looking mo'fos.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 10, 2017

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

According to the leaked survey from 2015:

quote:

Along the way, you will encounter the remains of a once powerful and mysterious alien race, the Remnant, whose forgotten technology holds the key to gaining power in this region of the galaxy.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

PureRok posted:

Ninja Asari. Nice.

Fug that, look at that salarian

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

marshmallow creep posted:

Fug that, look at that salarian

salarian thicc

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Robot Style posted:

Then you find out the Remnants were wiped out 50,000 years ago

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Instead of the Awesome button, we now have the

button.

ohpleaseohpleaseohplease

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Drifter posted:

Goddamn. Bioware's so loving lazy.

Anyway, are Remnants like whatever the Protheans were to the Milky Way? Old died-off race of special aliens?

How cool would it have been to have a sentient plant-based lifeform that drapes itself over a robotic underskeleton to propel itself around, instead of literally just another lovely ROBOT mk 2? Think of the cool culture that would allow to be explored? At least that way they could have kept the robot skeletal meshes that they're recycling. Make some Swamp-Thing looking mo'fos.

Check out Fragged Empire's player races. One of their player options in a recent expansion is essentially grey goo nanomachines that were originally designed to wipe out all life on a planet and then die to make way for conquerors and colonists that never came, but instead mutated and evolved past their original design parameters to form symbiotic relationships with plants. They look essentially like plant people but their blood and nervous system is nanomachines.

I really want a Fragged Empire video game.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Check out Fragged Empire's player races. One of their player options in a recent expansion is essentially grey goo nanomachines that were originally designed to wipe out all life on a planet and then die to make way for conquerors and colonists that never came, but instead mutated and evolved past their original design parameters to form symbiotic relationships with plants. They look essentially like plant people but their blood and nervous system is nanomachines.

I really want a Fragged Empire video game.

That's pretty cool. There are so many interesting things to have been done. And don't tell me Bioware fans WOULDN'T want to gently caress the Mass Effect version of an educated Groot.

Robot Style posted:

quote:

Along the way, you will encounter the remains of a once powerful and mysterious alien race, the Remnant, whose forgotten technology holds the key to gaining power in this region of the galaxy.
This is all kinds of rehashed dumb.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm fine with an ancient race and their power being important. So long as that Race doesn't come back and pose a giant galaxy wide threat. Have all the races fight over ancient tech and try to get the power for themselves.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I get the feeling the Remnant we deal with are literally the mechanized detritus of a lost civilization more than the civilization itself, and Mr. Archon is a mad treasure hunter who thinks it the equivalent of the Spear of Longinus or the Ark of the Covenant. Perhaps the original creators died out, or perhaps they moved on, but their trash is shiny and we like very much.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

I get the feeling the Remnant we deal with are literally the mechanized detritus of a lost civilization more than the civilization itself, and Mr. Archon is a mad treasure hunter who thinks it the equivalent of the Spear of Longinus or the Ark of the Covenant. Perhaps the original creators died out, or perhaps they moved on, but their trash is shiny and we like very much.

So we're raccoons, then.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

So, they're like the Prophets of the Covenant from Halo? Yay.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
wooo mysterious precursor race, woooo!

:effort:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

PureRok posted:

So we're raccoons, then.

Don't be so uncouth. We're freegans.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I'm still a sucker for an ancient precursor species. I loved the Forerunner in Halo. I dunno why but they always seemed more interesting than the Protheans.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

PureRok posted:

So we're raccoons, then.

Peebee is our spirit animal. Sorry.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Zore posted:

Im still mad we didn't get a Salarian squadmate again. Mordin was cool and we had a Turian/Asari in literally every game.

At least Vetra's a female Turian which makes her somewhat distinct from Garrus. The fact that there's another Asari and another Krogan are what make me roll my eyes.

Well, the guy did write Halo 4, so...

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I have zero problem with having another Krogan squadmate.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

That MP tank Salarian owns. I like the gnarly Krogan squadmate and lady Turians are cool so I am cautiously on board.

I hope the ancient space junk species is more Homeworld Progenitor than Prothean.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I really REALLY hope the Krogan is a metrosexual version on them, what with all his armor decorations and poo poo.

I want him to have a stereotypical gay West Hollywood drawl/lisp...but growly. :allears:

"Ugh, all this blood is gonna stain my aaarmoooor"

Drifter fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 11, 2017

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I hope Remnant technology is really old and lovely compared to Milky Way stuff and the best use that can be made of artifacts is either archaeology or recycling them for raw materials.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Lone Badger posted:

I hope Remnant technology is really old and lovely compared to Milky Way stuff and the best use that can be made of artifacts is either archaeology or recycling them for raw materials.

"We believe the Remnants used this as a cooking pot. But inverted it becomes a fantastic combat helmet."

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

The Lone Badger posted:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Recovered items "Black powder muskets 1"

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

it was earth all along!!!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'm playing through ME3 again in preparation for Andromeda and decided to play a few rounds of multiplayer. Someone was running a round in Gold that they had turned into some kind of hyper-platinum, it was spawning enemies from every enemy pool in insane quantities. At one point there were 13 possessed abominations, at another I was being gang-banged by 8 Banshees. And instead of shooting 3 rounds per volley, Geth Primes shot 30.

Surprisingly we made it to wave 10, but then the banshee gang-bang took us out on the hack target.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Keru posted:

Instead of the Awesome button, we now have the

button.

ohpleaseohpleaseohplease

I will probably buy it no questions asked if they have a good dumb team jingle play and make the fighting pose button reward you for doing it right.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

SgtSteel91 posted:

this team looks cooler than the actual characters in the campaign.

The way the purple cat thing stuffs its head flaps into its collar looks really dumb.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Where do you tuck your flaps, pray tell? :catbert:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MechaSeinfeld posted:

this team looks cooler than the actual characters in the campaign.

It was like that in ME3 as well. The dime a dozen multiplayer characters looked better than the story characters and it seems the trend is continuing :psyduck:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ahahaha, Somebody needs to make this shot for shot using Mass Effect in-engine models.

That needs to be the credits - not with the new crew, but with Shepard et al.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

The entire purple cat species is pretty badly designed.