Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The more compelling stat that makes guns good is their worst case TTK stats. If it was only based on the fastest TTK then everyone would use high impact scout rifles for everything. Most engagements are not perfect so the guns that have the smallest range between optimal TTK and worst case TTK are the most useful.

For example a mid impact HC is most versatile because it will kill in 3 even if you only get a single headshot. This gives it a lot of leeway to not have a perfect engagement but still win. Doctrine is good in that regard to where the difference is like two bullets from all head to all body. Only problem with doctrine is the range and again the issue of needing to get at the person on even ground.

I'm probably gonna dust off the soulstealers next week and try at it again. Not having a sniper though is gonna devalue anything that can't be versatile across a variety of ranges though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Captain Log posted:

gently caress, sorry. My memory works in a very visual/audio way and the ever changing AVs, Xbox names, Xbox AVs, etc. are tailor made to gently caress with my recollections. I don't forget a voice, or a person, but the names get jumbled.

I get all that jumbled. In fact I didn't even read your post. I scanned it. I'm comfortable that you understand.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Also please, what is the meta?

What happened to snipers? I used to be good with those. Also not so good with those.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I think the Adept vision stone will be pretty handy though with 37 rounds and crowd control and the sick range it has could be fun.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Soulex posted:

Also please, what is the meta?

Primaries;
The Last Word
22 impact hand cannons with 60+ range (the palindrome from the vendor, Eyasluna)
4 impact pulse rifles with high caliber rounds (or without but HCR is better)(clever dragon, Waltz, Grasp)
7 impact pulse rifles (hawksaw, PDX 45, Adept Blind Perdition)

Secondaries;
70-68 impact shotgun (Matador 64, Party Crasher) with max range (32)

Not shotgun secondaries;
31 impact snipers like her b, LDR, longbow, 1000 yard
37 impact snipers
Weyloran's march/ current DO sniper
The Wormwood or old IB sidearm
Trespasser or Dregs Promise
Saladin's Vigil fusion or Thesan

Heavy;
MG with field scout
Old IB rocket launcher or Ash Factory
Truth

Classes;
Stormcaller
Whatever, nothing matters

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Has no one posted the motw yet, it owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU_s1WQ35Q0

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

i lol'ed at the end

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I hope Sony players get cool stuff that they just forget to give xboners again.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

I hope Sony players get cool stuff that they just forget to give xboners again.

I will never understand how Xbox lost Bungie. I'm sure I could go read some game dev drama but gently caress THAT.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

The more compelling stat that makes guns good is their worst case TTK stats. If it was only based on the fastest TTK then everyone would use high impact scout rifles for everything. Most engagements are not perfect so the guns that have the smallest range between optimal TTK and worst case TTK are the most useful.

For example a mid impact HC is most versatile because it will kill in 3 even if you only get a single headshot. This gives it a lot of leeway to not have a perfect engagement but still win. Doctrine is good in that regard to where the difference is like two bullets from all head to all body. Only problem with doctrine is the range and again the issue of needing to get at the person on even ground.

I'm probably gonna dust off the soulstealers next week and try at it again. Not having a sniper though is gonna devalue anything that can't be versatile across a variety of ranges though.

Hitting headshots is easy though.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
When Destiny was announced I just assumed Xbox would be the lead due to Halo etc. Was surprised to see PS as the lead.

Wonder what will happen with 2 if the rumours shake out, as the PS4/PS4 Pro may end up being the weakest platform it is on if Scorpio is any cop and it comes to PC. I'm doubting there will be any transfer from D1 to D2 so I do wonder if the userbase will be affected or if it will still essentially be a PS game first and foremost.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Activision already said pa4 (the superior console) gsts exclusives

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
A rangefindered - hand loaded Judith is fun as poo poo in the Crucible.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

Hitting headshots is easy though.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

Primaries;
The Last Word
22 impact hand cannons with 60+ range (the palindrome from the vendor, Eyasluna)
4 impact pulse rifles with high caliber rounds (or without but HCR is better)(clever dragon, Waltz, Grasp)
7 impact pulse rifles (hawksaw, PDX 45, Adept Blind Perdition)

Secondaries;
70-68 impact shotgun (Matador 64, Party Crasher) with max range (32)

Not shotgun secondaries;
31 impact snipers like her b, LDR, longbow, 1000 yard
37 impact snipers
Weyloran's march/ current DO sniper
The Wormwood or old IB sidearm
Trespasser or Dregs Promise
Saladin's Vigil fusion or Thesan

Heavy;
MG with field scout
Old IB rocket launcher or Ash Factory
Truth

Classes;
Stormcaller
Whatever, nothing matters

Fun fun fun.

Thanks for this.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

Captain Log posted:

gently caress, sorry. My memory works in a very visual/audio way and the ever changing AVs, Xbox names, Xbox AVs, etc. are tailor made to gently caress with my recollections. I don't forget a voice, or a person, but the names get jumbled.

Do you remember the Krogers Pizza

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Will the highest impact pulses have a lower ttk than the second highest impact?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Finally able to hit tier 12 on the subclass I want with matching increased armor chest.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

yamdankee posted:

Finally able to hit tier 12 on the subclass I want with matching increased armor chest.

That "Hit it Here" helmet tho

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hitting headshots is not easy, that's why everyone uses palindromes and not How Dare Yous.

I should clarify...hitting headshots is just difficult enough that if the TTK difference isn't dramatic then it doesn't make sense to use the faster firing one. A palindrome kill is almost as quick as a fast archetype kill. And if you 2 body then the Palindrome is actually quicker.

Compare this with the scouts where a high impact kill is waaay quicker than a med impact kill but the body shot TTK ends up being waaay worse.

What they need to do is make low impact HCs body quickly but have bad range if they do. Maybe via a barrel mod setup, I dunno.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If always wondered, does this really make a difference? I know it's not as simple as hitboxes anymore but does a helm like this somehow help people zone in on the head?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
So is the current meta still not to bother playing this game any more?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Lumpy posted:

Yes, and that's why I'm crushing it

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

yamdankee posted:

If always wondered, does this really make a difference? I know it's not as simple as hitboxes anymore but does a helm like this somehow help people zone in on the head?

Maybe in sweats where someone is hopped up on a 12 pack of redbull and adderall, but in average joe play? Doesn't matter. It's much easier to see targets in a video game because players are the only pixels that change position and everyone knows where the head is going to be, so you put a lightbulb helmet on and you're going to die just as fast as if you have a camo one.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I dunno maybe it's just my eyes but on certain maps when the time of day is right (red base maps, daytime so bright) I lose track of and have trouble picking up guardians sometimes.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

My first exotic reward was Mida. It was literally the first thing I hoped for because it wrecks so much face in pvp. Still the case?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

mida is still usable but it's nowhere near the game changer it used to be.

That might change on Tuesday.. I doubt it will be like it used to be but it should perform a bit better than it is right now.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Don't doxx my tramp stamp tia

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Soulex posted:

My first exotic reward was Mida. It was literally the first thing I hoped for because it wrecks so much face in pvp. Still the case?

You could do a lot worse, but just wait like 3 days and then buy whatever the new vendor hotness is.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Lumpy posted:

The current metagame is posting about the metagame.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mikey-San posted:

The current metagame is posting about the metagame.

Palindrome

+20 ELO

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Sorry PS4 bros, I won't be able to play tonight. Trying to get pegged. WML

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Hell yeah bro good luck

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

mom get the camera

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/830227034915950594

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/830227808022568961

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/830227937941213184

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

wintrrmute posted:

Do you remember the Krogers Pizza

It's sad but that could be a prompt for one of multiple stories of mine. But I'm going to say, "Yes."

loving signs all every whicha' way.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Soulex posted:

My first exotic reward was Mida. It was literally the first thing I hoped for because it wrecks

Uh I use a pulse rifle

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I used a nirwen's with focus lens, braced frame, cb and feeding frenzy. Pretty good even before the patch.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Captain Log posted:

I will never understand how Xbox lost Bungie. I'm sure I could go read some game dev drama but gently caress THAT.

They made an exceptionally bad video game console with not enough ram, no feaures, buggy interface, and required a fee every time the developer released a patch. It's peak Microsoft

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BiohazrD posted:

They made an exceptionally bad video game console with not enough ram, no feaures, buggy interface, and required a fee every time the developer released a patch. It's peak Microsoft

After entering the market with one of the most interesting consoles of its generation in terms of technology and ambition.

It's like they got to the top of the mountain and said "welp nowhere to go but downhill.. so let's gently caress this one up real good."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

BiohazrD posted:

I can honestly say the game is already smoother for me in terms of grouping and poo poo.

• Locked thread