Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Honestly I can see Bellamy's side. They could guarantee saving their people or absolutely losing them, versus a maybe the mechanic could get the Ark station in shape in time. It felt like a call back to the girl on the cliff from a previous season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I mean yeah, it was a gently caress up but a justified one with the maybes stacked up. I also like the mantra of save who we can today, it's a really reasonable approach in a hostile world. Also Java is awesomely chill for a man that started off the whole apocalypse

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It's also 25 more people to feed when they hide inside Arkadia.

But I'm sure they won't have enough supples for everyone(once they find a way to get water) so Clarke will have to float leave some people outside to melt in radiation :twisted:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

tessiebee posted:

I mean yeah, it was a gently caress up but a justified one with the maybes stacked up. I also like the mantra of save who we can today, it's a really reasonable approach in a hostile world. Also Java is awesomely chill for a man that started off the whole apocalypse

Bellamy is just finally realizing after mass-murdering grounders last season that in practice the trolley problem is nonsense.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
It was a stupid decision because they are part of a coalition now, supposedly working together to benefit all. Sure they hate each other, but that doesn't change the fact that there are rules and "laws." We don't know if slaves are legal, probably not.

They should have absolutely gone back with the water generator and then go plead their case to King Charles Vane. This is even worse by the fact that the coalition is extremely rocky right now, held together by a secret no grounder outside of 2 (the king and his … bodyguard?) knows about, one that no other grounder will even believe. The deal that they made was "you keep us alive, and we'll try to figure out how to fix this, otherwise you can kill us now and you're going to die a horrible death in 6 months."

How do you think the other 12 tribes are going to react hearing that these troublesome space people blew up one of their enclaves? They've already got no reason to honor the deal save their king telling them to. Now they're definitely going to rebel. Now they've got no truce/time to fix things, and pretty soon some of the grounders near the reactors will die horrible deaths, and then they're going to see these cozy space people that in their minds has caused nothing but trouble, and maybe, just maybe, they're going to realize this is mountain men part 2.

I'm guessing the lead up to the mid season finale is going to be constant war drums and saber rattling, followed by a cliffhanger battle.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Boris Galerkin posted:

How do you think the other 12 tribes are going to react hearing that these troublesome space people blew up one of their enclaves? They've already got no reason to honor the deal save their king telling them to. Now they're definitely going to rebel. Now they've got no truce/time to fix things, and pretty soon some of the grounders near the reactors will die horrible deaths, and then they're going to see these cozy space people that in their minds has caused nothing but trouble, and maybe, just maybe, they're going to realize this is mountain men part 2.

I'm interested in the moment someone finds out that it was Bellamy who did it. He got off light from the Grounders after leading the massacre last season -- when they find out he orchestrated something like that again? Jesus.

quote:

I'm guessing the lead up to the mid season finale is going to be constant war drums and saber rattling, followed by a cliffhanger battle.

It's a thirteen episode season -- is there likely to be a midseason finale?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Killing slavers is cool and good. Killing Ice Nation slavers is loving awesome.

How broken inside do you have to be to even question that?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I don't think anybody is denying those grounders were bad people, really. I mean if the gay farm station kid whose name I keep forgetting hadn't been there, they likely would have taken the machine and left. It was clearly set up from the beginning that taking him was a bad choice-- it was kind of the point, imo.

Everyone but him agreed taking the machine was the better choice. Bellamy is easily swayed to things, however, and I'm sure wanting to ease his guilt about bad decisions made last season made it even easier to get him to blow the thing. It's one of those moments in the show that cements Clarke as the one out of the two who is hard enough to make the tough calls. Had she been there they would have taken the machine and come back later to free the slaves-- likely with a grounder to lend their being part of the coalition claims more credibility.

Good episode imo. And I'm glad the writers didn't just hit some switch and redeem Jasper after last year, he's more of a shitlord than ever now. If they'd made things all sunshine and roses with him, after he took ALIE's chip despite knowing the truth about her and how easily she would sacrifice people's bodies for her end goal.

Man I hope Jasper bites it this year. Disappointing as it is they cut him doing it last year, it will be so much more satisfying now if he keeps on this path.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is this show getting a season 5? I could have sworn that I heard s4 was the last but I'm dumb so

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

Is this show getting a season 5? I could have sworn that I heard s4 was the last but I'm dumb so

You're thinking of Black Sails.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
That said, if the show gets renewed for a fifth season, it's basically guaranteed a sixth season renewal so it can hit syndication targets. Which is pretty impressive for a short order show in today's market.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Yeah, they should have just taken the machine and had the King of the Ice Nation just tell the Ice Nation slavers to back the gently caress off. How the hell were the Ice Nation slavers keeping the lights on in Farm Station anyway? What did they know about tech?

I like the idea that Jaha is hanging around haunting Clarke, but I'm not sure I buy the idea that the surviving Arker adults would suddenly start following Clarke after their last elected leader died like a week ago. And isn't the point of the Coalition that Clarke, Raven and Bellamy are supposed to be saving everyone in the tribes from the Nuclear Fire? Gonna be pretty lovely if they go to pick up her mom and Kane and are like "Yo, our plan is just to seal up the Ark and save Skycru, smell ya later Grounders!"

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Their plan was to take the machine and petition Roan to free their people, but then they got that note from the little girl saying they were being moved the next day. Given that the one woman had no idea Roan was even back in the picture, it's unlikely that these were mainstream Asgeda folks who could be easily located even if Roan were inclined to make them surrender the slaves. It was a dumb decision, but one that makes sense for Bellamy's character.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Oh I also forgot to point out that Jasper's choice of song, Boomtown Rats "I Don't Like Mondays" was loving perfect:

quote:

The silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload
And nobody's gonna go to school today
She's going to make them stay at home

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah I was just looking for a clip of him singing in the shower, anyone happen to see one?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Awww yeah Marcus and Abby! About time!

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

GobiasIndustries posted:

There were rumors a few months ago that CW was leaning toward this being the show's final season. I don't know if they were ever substantiated or not.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

xeria posted:

There were rumors a few months ago that CW was leaning toward this being the show's final season. I don't know if they were ever substantiated or not.

Have the ratings been any better this year?

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Azhais posted:

Have the ratings been any better this year?

Still trending down, it looks like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_100_(TV_series)#Viewer_ratings

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The loving city of light ruined everything.

They killed off all the interesting dudes.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Jasper should have pulled that trigger.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

enraged_camel posted:

Jasper should have pulled that trigger.

Yeah, but it'll be extra sweet when that shitlord bites it this season.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Every minute Jasper lives and pisses people off by doing so is a balm to my soul.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Spergatory posted:

Every minute Jasper lives and pisses people off by doing so is a balm to my soul.

Why? Do you actually like the character, or...?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Spergatory posted:

He really doesn't, though. But if it's balming your soul carry on.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
After this whole City of Light bullshit and now saving planet Earth from another nuclear holocaust, what is there left to tell apart from boring political bullshit? The planet core exploding?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Combat Pretzel posted:

The planet core exploding?

That's easy to solve, the big problem is finding an unlimited source of Xena tapes for DJ Qualls

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Combat Pretzel posted:

After this whole City of Light bullshit and now saving planet Earth from another nuclear holocaust, what is there left to tell apart from boring political bullshit? The planet core exploding?

As long as there are humans left for Clarke to kill... At the rate she's increasing her end of season kill count humanity will be dead by the end of another season.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

enraged_camel posted:

He's very refreshing in a show where every other character has developed into a grimdark caricature.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jasper should've died in the first episode :colbert:

Also lol at when he's showering and you can see the teensy little scar they have put on his chest from where he got MOTHERFUCKING SPEARED IN HIS STERNUM

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

In seasons 1 and 2, he was my favorite. By the end of season 3, I had grown to dislike him, but that was also true for everyone else and, indeed, the show itself, so I was happy knowing that his survival was basically the editorial Hand of God smacking the writers across the face for loving everything up. At this point, every minute he lives feels like revenge against the show itself for season 3.

Plus, it's like that other guy said; he's happy. Sure, he's happy because the world is ending, but at least somebody on this loving show is enjoying themselves.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Can someone remind Clarke what happened the last time Jaha went looking for salvation?" :v:

Raven making all the correct decisions this episode.

Octavia the sky ripper :black101: Shame about her stupid decision letting the flamekeeper take it to god knows where.

I can't wait for Arcadia to turn into Mt Weather :drac: They almost had their own bunker too

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm not convinced that bunker is a dead end. That seemed like an awful lot of exposition about the cult and time spent going to it for them to just say "Welp! Guess not.".

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Yea, the cult leader was either number two or three on the 'Vancouver Sci Fi Actors' list.

If one of the dudes from Hard Core Logo show up, it's gonna be for a couple of episodes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait, unless he's got a whole cryo thing going on in his private real shelter under the Walmart shelter he built for all the Scientologists.

He''d be a 145 years old.

edit: I'm doubling down on that idea.

7 Cryo tubes, i can save her, her, her, her, her , and him.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 17, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They did seem to spend a lot of time establishing that rich dude and his cult. But on the other hand, Nightblood's can fight off the radiation so Abby's gonna figure out how to turn everyone into NB's and Clarke absolutely is gonna be the next commander.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She'll marry Rohan, then merk him while boning him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

She'll marry Rohan, then merk him while boning him.

Bro, Octavia is gonna lock that poo poo down and complete her journey from warrior princess to warrior queen.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I meant Skyripper, not Clarke. My bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
This season has been really rad so far. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that cult plot-line will continue.

Strap yourselves in, and keep your arms and legs safely inside the solar vehicle: it's "Jaha's Wild Ride v2.0"

• Locked thread