Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I beat easy Narcian by baiting with my Takumi with my M Robin behind him for +2 defense, and he survived the 3 attacks with 2 HP left. Dunno how I'd tackle hard mode with this current team though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I've got a pretty good 3-man core now (Hector, Robin, Corrin), with the last flex slot rotating between Subaki/Serra/Raven as I need to. I just pulled 5* Roy, so he might go into the flex slot as well once I bring him up to par since Corrin's slightly better on offense. While it would be nice to pull an Azura (and I'd like Odin at some point just because I like the dude), I can probably just focus on greens and colourless units now - I have a Nino I can promote to 4*, and while Raven is a decent unit he hasn't been wowing me yet. Meanwhile on the colourless side, I'd like a Niles just to handle tough mages.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
this is my +1 lucina's lv40 stats if that's useful to anyone

where are you guys working out the +/-?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
My initial penta roll had me with a 5* Lyn, 4* Camilla, 4* Est and 3* Cecilia. They were my first team, and despite Est hitting like wet noodles, her Shove ability was pretty good, and Cecilia helped me round off the triangle.

The very next penta roll got me a 5* Lucina, which replaced my Cecilia, since she just seemed unable to kill anything ever. Only issue was I had no ranged, and Est could only really do decent damage to armored units and would still normally die the following turn.

Two more penta rolls got me a variety of 4*s and 3*s not worth mentioning, and then today's penta roll was pretty sweet!

...except it's a 5* Young Tiki, 4* Adult Tiki and a 4* Marth.

So now I'm swimming in reds, and I have no idea what to do about team composition. It feels like a waste not to use the 5* Young Tiki, but I don't think I can run three melee reds, even if one of them deals magical instead of physical.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Yeah I can't imagine 3 reds would work very well unless we slip into an insane green/clear meta. Lucina is definitely the consensus best sword lord and you can probably run Lyn or Tiki with her but not both.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Philip Rivers posted:

Yeah I can't imagine 3 reds would work very well unless we slip into an insane green/clear meta. Lucina is definitely the consensus best sword lord and you can probably run Lyn or Tiki with her but not both.

Yeah, I'm thinking of benching Lyn for now, running Lucina, Young Tiki, Camilla and Est. I still desperately need a good ranged unit and a way to deal with armored targets. Est might be able to do that job better if I bump her to 5*, but that seems like a waste too.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Sophism posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking of benching Lyn for now, running Lucina, Young Tiki, Camilla and Est. I still desperately need a good ranged unit and a way to deal with armored targets. Est might be able to do that job better if I bump her to 5*, but that seems like a waste too.

For what it's worth, there's a Lucina/Lyn team listed in the Google Doc so it definitely can work. They also have a Kagero for a neutral nuke though.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
So, folks, I'm hearing on twitter that there were new units announced (in the Cipher news stream, oddly enough) for the upcoming new gacha batch:

Seliph, Julia, Ephraim and Eirika.

Aww yes. I approve.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The power levels in Heroes seem to translate pretty well to the source titles so expect Ephraim to be some absolute bullshit

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I hope Julia gets an accurate Book of Naga. :getin:

What I don't hope is that we get new units from different games so few at a time.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sharena and Ephraim should hook up and make overpowered lance infantry babies.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Virtue posted:

-speed +def takumi

+hp -atk lucina

welp

lol if these guys are really min-maxing HP breakpoints with attack buffs then HP (and to a lesser extent Def) is actually the meta stat, it throws off their offensive plan

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Also, how do you earn gems in the long term once you finish all the story missions? I'm assuming there's gotta be some way besides maybe daily logins, right?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

taichara posted:

So, folks, I'm hearing on twitter that there were new units announced (in the Cipher news stream, oddly enough) for the upcoming new gacha batch:

Aww yes. I approve.

My stone-hoarding account is going to climax early.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

taichara posted:

Aww yes. I approve.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

God the reimagining of some of the older/classic FE designs are so drat good :swoon:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Start loading up on Hectors to counter the new spear lord meta

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Hoping my boys Ross and Franz will be added as well

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Philip Rivers posted:

Also, how do you earn gems in the long term once you finish all the story missions? I'm assuming there's gotta be some way besides maybe daily logins, right?

they will be adding chapters + you get some from monthly quests (I think it was 9 this month) so outside of new chapters/Daily Logins/Monthly quests there won't be a huge influx of gems like the beginning of the game

There are still some Treasure Maps they were going to release that drop the 3 orbs each from both difficulties but those aren't a plentiful thing

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Generally expect a 5 pull every 3 weeks or so going forward, from my experience

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
FFRK gives you two big pulls a month for free, roughly. Hopefully FEH follows suit, seems pretty reasonable.

Keep in mind we still don't have whatever these paralogues are.

acumen fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 11, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

acumen posted:

Start loading up on Hectors to counter the new spear lord meta

i had been not drawing hector up until now for my own inscrutable reasons but now i guess i had better start drawing a bunch of hectors.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Apparently Effie is really good.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Alright, got through Narcian hard using a lvl 39 +Def/-Spd Takumi shoved into the chokepoint. Still wouldn't have been enough base, so tossed on +4 buffs to Res and Def from various sources as well. After that it was just cleanup.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

MegaZeroX posted:

Apparently Effie is really good.

All the armoured (1 movement) units default to higher stat totals. 2-movement ranged units have lower, and melee infantry are the baseline.

Effie is good and cool but the real benefit to using her in arena is that she makes the opposing team give you more points for a victory. Victory points are based off of unit stat totals so ultimately any sort of armoured+10 units will be required to make it to the top 100.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Someone is gonna make some stupid triple tank plus heal comp work and be impossible to top

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Philip Rivers posted:

Someone is gonna make some stupid triple tank plus heal comp work and be impossible to top

Eh, those tanks tend to fold to mages really hard

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, now to wait for whales to have teams of hector, Ephraim takumi and Robin and cry. It's cool that those 4 are being added, but when's Amelia.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
My current strategy to grind up my armor units is using Barst to catapult them across the map.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
So when upgrading units to higher star tiers, if it's a character I'm sure I want to promote should I do it as soon as possible or is there some benefit to hitting level cap first?

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Andrast posted:

Eh, those tanks tend to fold to mages really hard

The dragons are all pretty tanky against both physical and magic, wonder how viable a comp centered around them would be? I know that Reddit guide that was linked earlier mentioned a Tiki-Nowi-Takumi-Blue Mage comp that might have some potential, although I think a big part of that was having a huge stat base for higher value match-ups.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I just started and I got Chrom as my 5 star. Should I go with this or reroll?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i like opening my successful defence tab and seeing a whole bunch of takumis put in their place. that's what you get

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I just started and I got Chrom as my 5 star. Should I go with this or reroll?

Chrom is pretty mediocre compared to the other red lords so if you're willing to put in the effort it's probably a good idea to reroll.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Lovechop posted:

i like opening my successful defence tab and seeing a whole bunch of takumis put in their place. that's what you get

I just switched my leader from Abel to Fae, hopefully that invites some more defenses because in freakin tired of being at 199 defense!!!!

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I got trolled to death on my 7th match by a double Takumi lineup. I didn't even know you could run doubles!

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Well, looks like my Cordelia is -atk +res

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to get Narcy, I keep getting turbo murdered as soon as I get anywhere near in range of the choke point or try to kite him and the archer. Here's who I have now, no idea if they would work unless I ground out a team to 40.
Sheena is lv 25, Frederick is 20, the rest are all 1-10.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to get Narcy, I keep getting turbo murdered as soon as I get anywhere near in range of the choke point or try to kite him and the archer. Here's who I have now, no idea if they would work unless I ground out a team to 40.
Sheena is lv 25, Frederick is 20, the rest are all 1-10.

My own build is in the previous page, but I have similar levels. I think I'm gonna have to build up a Magic Tank so I can soak the first blast of range coming from the assholes at the choke point, a healer and then pull back until they come through the choke point and destroy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Silvergun1000 posted:

The dragons are all pretty tanky against both physical and magic, wonder how viable a comp centered around them would be? I know that Reddit guide that was linked earlier mentioned a Tiki-Nowi-Takumi-Blue Mage comp that might have some potential, although I think a big part of that was having a huge stat base for higher value match-ups.

Please do this, my Chrom and Lucina are very lonely and need friends to play with.

(Falchion issues aside, Nowi's been an integral part of my Team Wall since day 1, so i can definitely see that as a viable team)