Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I came to post the NSX and Supra but I see I've been beaten to it. I also dig some 80s designs, it's a crying shame you can't get anything with a t-top anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I have a huge photo database of vehicles dated by year (don't ask), so I can go on a journey from the 1910s to 2015. The 90s had plenty of decent stuff, but the 80s were godawful.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the 80s had the Mitsubishi Starion and the AMC Eagle SX4 so they're alright by me

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

The Door Frame posted:

Them's fightin words

PICTURES

Really needs this selection of music when you look at them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38u81GSiN4M

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

chitoryu12 posted:

I have a huge photo database of vehicles dated by year (don't ask), so I can go on a journey from the 1910s to 2015. The 90s had plenty of decent stuff, but the 80s were godawful.

Brutalism on the go.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

The Door Frame posted:

Them's fightin words

Only the Supra is really a 90s design - the others all had their roots in the second half of the 80s (well except the Suzuki which was much earlier and the Z3 which was an ugly turd).

That said there were some genuinely good 90s designs, they just tend to get lost in all the rounded bubbles that became so common

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm pretty sure that's my pop pop's exact car

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Good one on the radio this year in Los Angeles, I hope I didn't post it here before...

Man on radio: You can't see me, because I'm on the radio. And I cant see you, because I'm legally blind

I always stop and wonder how exactly this poor blind man thinks that radio works... apparently he thinks it's like reverse television, where everyone on the radio can actually see the people listening. That train of thought usually takes me to the end of the commercial, so I still don't know what they were advertising.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

sweeperbravo posted:

I'm pretty sure that's my pop pop's exact car

I inherited my pop pop's exact car after he died. 1980 Plymouth Reliant station wagon. 80 horsepower. Guaranteed to get chicks. I carried a baseball bat in the front seat to bang on the dash when the radio drifted off-band enough to make it impossible to tune into 88.5 FM, which was far and away the best radio station in Philly in 1991.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I was thinking more of regular vehicles, not sports cars. So when I think 90's I think of that godawful Taurus, which drags the whole decade down.

At least 80's cars could be ironically ugly.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So okay, every radio station is hawking Sherry's Berries for Valentines. Still weird as gently caress to hear Glenn Beck or one of the conservative talking heads running the same commercial, word for word.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I get that a lot with podcast advertising. It's weird having a history podcast, a narrative fiction podcast, and Gilbert Gottfried all shill for the same mattress company.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I didn't start listening to podcasts until after I bought a Casper matress but I retroactively regret that decision now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Anything that gets us past ads for Lootcrate and Squarespace is a positive

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Me loving Undies.

My nutsack does not require the level of care podcasts seem to think it does.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Chitin posted:

Me loving Undies.

My nutsack does not require the level of care podcasts seem to think it does.

You should be flattered that someone cares for your nutsack's well-being.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Squarespace is not a law firm.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
No matter what poo poo they're pushing, the podcast ads are somehow absolutely infuriating. I'd rather they just said BUY OUR poo poo for a minute straight than this fake gushing over useless bullshit. But yeah loving loot crate? I thought it was a joke RLM came up with, who would actually pay 30 bucks per month to have random garbage delivered to them.

Alaois posted:

the 80s had the Mitsubishi Starion and the AMC Eagle SX4 so they're alright by me

:fap:

and 90s:

:gizz:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The best ’90s car of all.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

But yeah loving loot crate? I thought it was a joke RLM came up with, who would actually pay 30 bucks per month to have random garbage delivered to them.

People in this very thread lol.. A little while back someone mentioned Lootcrate being dumb in this thread and a bunch of posters learned what it was from that post and signed up for it. It was hilariously ironic, so much so that I think the thread name was changed to something about Lootcrate.

Typing this out makes it sound completely insane. This did happen right?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I think it was "Bobcat in a Box" then they got photocopies of a train or something, lol

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Last Chance posted:

People in this very thread lol.. A little while back someone mentioned Lootcrate being dumb in this thread and a bunch of posters learned what it was from that post and signed up for it. It was hilariously ironic, so much so that I think the thread name was changed to something about Lootcrate.

Typing this out makes it sound completely insane. This did happen right?

People were disparaging Lootcrate, but this one other service based off an XKCD that trawls eBay for cheap poo poo is totally different and lets all sign up for it!

IIRC the OP implied he listed a bunch of worthless trash in the price range to gently caress with them. :laugh:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
It starts around pg 199,

eventually like 3 of them get this poo poo

Iron Crowned posted:

I got my first mysterious bobcat in a box item!

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
lol you need a new johnson bar

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I think it was "Bobcat in a Box" then they got photocopies of a train or something, lol

Right! Fuckin Bobcat in a Box. God help us

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

It starts around pg 199,

eventually like 3 of them get this poo poo

I liked trying to justify it:

Iron Crowned posted:

I dunno, I think it's kinda neat :shrug:

Then again I like technical things

Waffleman_ posted:

Not even a minute on Google.

"I like technical things"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sounds like a good deal! Where do I sign up?!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Len posted:

I didn't start listening to podcasts until after I bought a Casper matress but I retroactively regret that decision now.

I am genuinely curious how would you say it Stacks up against conventional mattresses? Obviously the hosts always Rave about how it's such a great mattress, but they have to. So I'm wondering what it's actually like to sleep on.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Drunk Nerds posted:

Man on radio: You can't see me, because I'm on the radio. And I cant see you, because I'm legally blind

I always stop and wonder how exactly this poor blind man thinks that radio works... apparently he thinks it's like reverse television, where everyone on the radio can actually see the people listening.

I laughed REALLY hard at this.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I am genuinely curious how would you say it Stacks up against conventional mattresses? Obviously the hosts always Rave about how it's such a great mattress, but they have to. So I'm wondering what it's actually like to sleep on.

I would like to know how easy it is to build a website with Squarespace

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

RagnarokAngel posted:

I liked trying to justify it:

Waffleman_ posted:

Not even a minute on Google.

I'm the R. A. Booty name (Real rear end Booty).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Indolent Bastard posted:

I went from a lovely Walmart memory foam mattress to it so I don't have a lot of experience.

The reason we bought one was the GF and I crashed at a friend's and they'd just got a mattress in a box but hadn't gotten it to the bedroom yet so we slept on it and it was comfy, so I asked his gf what brand it was when we were mattress hunting a couple months later and she said "my dad ordered it and brought it over I think it was Casper" and now we have a Casper bed.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

No matter what poo poo they're pushing, the podcast ads are somehow absolutely infuriating. I'd rather they just said BUY OUR poo poo for a minute straight than this fake gushing over useless bullshit. But yeah loving loot crate? I thought it was a joke RLM came up with, who would actually pay 30 bucks per month to have random garbage delivered to them.

:fap:

and 90s:

:gizz:

all those cars look the same to me and i can't tell if this post is being ironic about that or serious

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mu Zeta posted:

Anything that gets us past ads for Lootcrate and Squarespace is a positive

I would rather listen to ten ads for an innocent webhosting company than a single fake testimonial for the newest tech-bubbly app-enabled piece of poo poo that allows you to have artisanal toilet paper delivered to your doorsteps.

The best "crates" are the ones filled with crappy third-world industrial candy that sells for 1c a piece.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Lootcrate is not a law firm

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cumslut1895 posted:

Lootcrate is not a law firm

Blue Apron is a different bank.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Best podcast advertising is Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast. "I'm wearing them right now and can't imagine wearing anything else. No I'm not, and that's a stupid loving thing to say." And when he very briefly read for, oh I don't remember what those sports gambling sites were, Fan Duel and some other one, "And it's not gambling. Because they say so. One guy won $10,000! Another guy lost his loving house! How is it not gambling?"

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Diet Poison posted:

Best podcast advertising is Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast. "I'm wearing them right now and can't imagine wearing anything else. No I'm not, and that's a stupid loving thing to say." And when he very briefly read for, oh I don't remember what those sports gambling sites were, Fan Duel and some other one, "And it's not gambling. Because they say so. One guy won $10,000! Another guy lost his loving house! How is it not gambling?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5JDzvkEA0

"What the gently caress am I selling?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Squarespace: Guess you couldn't even handle Wordpress, huh?

(This may be the web design classes I took in college talking, though.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Diet Poison posted:

So like an IRL this? Amazing.