Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

His skills just seem way undertuned. He would still be poo poo tier dps even if didn't have the 1.5% dmg per attribute.
Yeah they're insanely low, like I keep harping on Tornado Kick but it's an auto-brut that hits for ~100k, red. What a piece of poo poo.

PureRok posted:

So, I have a problem. I enjoy playing my Rogue as she as right now, but I can't clear the Cosmic trial. Like, I can survive it just fine, but since there's a time limit I apparently don't kill things fast enough.
Venom passive instead of Carnage
X-23's power instead of Quake's as your physical + filler
Thor's power instead of Beta Ray Bill's (it'll restore Spirit)
Lavalanche's damage isn't worth it unless you're building to be fat as gently caress on HP, use Storm's power for a steady DoT.
Iron Man's passive is increasing your Spirit costs, ditch that in favor of, I dunno, Gamora?
Atlantis relics instead of Xandar if you can.

Use Mega Drain or w/e the CD power with an execute on it is, in place of Ricochet blast. Ricochet is a dead button for you on the bosses themselves so at least give yourself some more burst for those periods (and don't hesitate to Ragin' + Sig on the trash waves).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Use War Machine as a passive. Hawkeye passive as well since you are all ranged. Venom is also good if you are solo since no one else will provide that buff.

Get a catalyst with spirit restore on medkit. Then use a real spender instead of ricochet blast if you can sustain it.

Your artifacts are bad. Get some that have fighting or durability. Or at least energy / mental damage(but not essence of dread since the Int is wasted on you).
Get a zola from Mandarin since you have spirit issues. Maybe also a white suit jacket from Kingpin.

If you have Surtur's power, use that. Lavalanche sucks. Get the 2 dots from Cable and Storm. Cable in particular hits harder than Clea without having a cooldown.
Blood and Thunder seems a bit wasted since you aren't using melee. Use the Thor power since it's a spirit restore.
Your talent spec is fine.

Get the Pirate Deadpool team up by doing the secret achievements. Level him to 60. Set him on active and let him stun everything.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 10, 2017

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

In just 4 minutes you could heal up an average hp character if nothing else hits you though

I mean, HP/S is a weird stat because it is one of those "every point you stack is worth more than the last until you completely negate enemy dps", but it is only really applicable in situations where sustained damage is an issue. So basically it is just as useless as -10s off your ult because burst damage is the only thing that is dangerous if you are running cosmic stuff.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I don't know anything about Rogue, but if the preponderance of your damage powers aren't tagged Core or Basic, why are you using Gifted Engineer?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grinning Goblin posted:

I mean, HP/S is a weird stat because it is one of those "every point you stack is worth more than the last until you completely negate enemy dps", but it is only really applicable in situations where sustained damage is an issue. So basically it is just as useless as -10s off your ult because burst damage is the only thing that is dangerous if you are running cosmic stuff.

Putting 150 HP/s on par with the other Cosmic affixes shows a clear lack of understanding of game balance. That's not a great sign.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

The whole healing balance is bizarre. When the big rework was on the TC, characters who got health on hit in their defensive archetype got like less than half then healing of hp/s characters despite it being strictly worse, and it took Gaz a while to come around on changing it.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Take this with an extreme grain of salt, but reddit posters are reporting that drop rates are way up on the rare Fortune Card rewards, like costumes, pets, and team-ups.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

It makes a lot more sense that a static turret inheriting +45% damage and +100% crit from two talents that don't even mention it is an oversight. Because of the inheritance, nerfing the talent itself rather than its overpowered interactions with other talents means that if you want to take that talent and have it be balanced you also need to take the other(s) that feed into it; whereas altering the interaction that makes it do way more damage than it was intended would result in being able to take the Tesla Coil talent in a vacuum without it dictating your other choices due to being balanced with the assumption you're making GBS threads out crits and bruts on it.

Other skills and talents that can interact with each other do so as expected, so I'm pretty sure it's intentional for talents to synergize with each other like this.

If you dont want to use the other talents that change Hyperstatic Inducer I can still think of two good reasons to use the coil by itself:

1. If Hyperstatic Inducer is worth a power bar slot without the other talents, then surely doubling its damage even after the nerf is worth a talent slot.

2. Tesla coil is Dad's only source of energy damage, allowing him to proc hybrid stuff he normally can't. Even if that's only Power Doop, it's still 1700 cdr he wouldn't get otherwise.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Micro Nullifier also does energy damage, and your other choice on that tier allows you to get it down to around 15 seconds effective cooldown - although again that's dependent on you taking Fully Functional Devices for a different reason.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Lozareth posted:

FIFroc did a 2:10 Angela ttk without using 100% cost reduction while also only having a rank 6 ult and 3/5 challenge bonuses. No build but you may be able to glean what he was doing from the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMG5b9hRIk

I did 1:41 with Angela today (and 1:50 yesterday before the patch) without trying too hard so I'm sure she's faster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jobb0s_RMI

Carol went from 42 seconds to 1:14.

phosdex fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 10, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Great waifu work phosdex.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

On rogue chat, is summoner still a viable thing for her since the patch? If so, what are people running? I'd try something different, but literally the only gear I have for/on her is summoning related right now and :effort:

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Summoner is not viable on anyone but it might be next week.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

rip

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

malhavok posted:

Summoner is not viable on anyone but it might be next week.
Wait what are they doing next week

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Wait what are they doing next week

something unspecified to fix summoners

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Woah, looks like you've got no choice except going all-in on spirit cost reduction for Switch now.

http://auth.marvelheroes.com

edit: Except they just completely nerfed that mechanic at the same time - I'm sure it'll be balanced now?

Baby Proof fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 2, 2017

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

Micro Nullifier also does energy damage, and your other choice on that tier allows you to get it down to around 15 seconds effective cooldown - although again that's dependent on you taking Fully Functional Devices for a different reason.

ah right I forgot his sig is energy damage, however there is one issue with it: because it instantly destroys non-boss mobs, it will never actually deal damage and proc energy damage effects unless it does hit a boss. A minor nuisance, but still.

That leaves out HERBIE as the one choice where you won't have energy stuff up all the time. Sorry HERBIE, gaz doesn't love you

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm getting better xp per real time spent by just circling around the areas in Chapter 9 where tons of enemies spawn and holding down an aoe skill/picking up green orbs than I am by doing legendary terminal quests + chest.

It's probably a worse use of boost time though just because it's always running as you hang out there as opposed booking through legendaries and heading back to hubs to reroll.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 11, 2017

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Patch Notes posted:

Cosmic Terminal experience gain has been reduced for heroes below level 60.
Ugh, I was wondering why I wasn't getting as much xp today with a boost as opposed to yesterday. Literally ruining my weekend >:|

Saint Freak posted:

I'm getting better xp per real time spent by just circling around the areas in Chapter 9 where tons of enemies spawn and holding down an aoe skill/picking up green orbs than I am by doing legendary terminal quests + chest.

It's probably a worse use of boost time though just because it's always running as you hang out there as opposed booking through legendaries and heading back to hubs to reroll.

I guess I'm going to try this out now.

-e-
This is working out really well and now my weekend is unruined. Thanks.

Belgian Waffle fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Feb 11, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

quote:

Added an off-screen edge pointer for Cosmic Fragment crafting items.

no thank you

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

cams posted:

no thank you

Who hurt you?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah you must be thinking of something different

cosmic fragments are the new and rare material used to reroll the cosmic affix on cosmic artifacts, of which I am glad there is an indicator now because just running terminals for 2 hours netted me 5 fragments that it let me know drop

I must have missed dozens of them last week given this rate

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Trip Report:

Cosmic Black Cat - Don't.
Cosmic Venom - Quite fun and a lot easier to do LQ's quickly unlike a certain other person...

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Giedroyc posted:

Trip Report:

Cosmic Black Cat - Don't.
Cosmic Venom - Quite fun and a lot easier to do LQ's quickly unlike a certain other person...

I just leveled both of this normally for the first time yesterday and yes

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Hauki posted:

I just leveled both of this normally for the first time yesterday and yes

cosmic week is a good time for you too to cosmic them

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
What's the next step upon reaching level 60?
I just got my first character (Summoner Colossus) to max level and I'm a bit stuck.
I tried the cosmic trial but failed it twice due to not doing enough damage.
I tried to grind for better gear but stopped because everything that dropped was strictly worse than what I already had.
Right now I switched characters to find one with better damage but I'd like to see what else you can do in the endgame.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

scissorman posted:

I just got my first character (Summoner Colossus) to max level and I'm a bit stuck.
I tried to grind for better gear but stopped because everything that dropped was strictly worse than what I already had.
Right now I switched characters to find one with better damage but I'd like to see what else you can do in the endgame.

Doing the Hammer Bay Weekly/Daily missions, One Shots, and Raids(if people are doing any at the moment) to gain some commendations so you can eventually upgrade your gear to ilevel 66/69. If you want to prestige, use your cube shards for gourds, if you don't want to taint your white name because we live in Trump's America, then use cube shards to buy Fortune Cards and pray for a BIF/SHIELD item acquisition potion or whatever they went with. You are probably hurting for some artifacts and you probably don't have a whole lot of Infinity points at the moment and those can help with your damage situation.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

scissorman posted:

Summoners don't work. Don't be a summoner.

Do Legendary quests. Get a legendary item. Get 4 Blessings

Run Red Juggernaut/Kingpin/Kurse until you get a Cosmic Medallion.

Buy a Uru-Forged Armor from the vendor if you don't have one and slap a cheap Runeword on it.

Level other dudes for Synergy bonuses.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Probably the easiest and yet worst cosmic I've done. Easiest because her crashdown is free so you literally just sit in Chapter 9 and hold it down and get like a level every 10 minutes or whatever. Worst because that's beyond loving boring.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
Thanks for the advice, seems that there's a lot of things to do.
Right now I started leveling Magneto but maybe I'll take another look at Colossus when the summoner update drops.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Probably the easiest and yet worst cosmic I've done. Easiest because her crashdown is free so you literally just sit in Chapter 9 and hold it down and get like a level every 10 minutes or whatever. Worst because that's beyond loving boring.

Look at that big, giant, massive belt. How divine.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Look at that big, giant, massive belt. How divine.

I couldn't get my eyes off that bellybutton

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
her superpower is dressing herself entirely in things you can buy at a claires

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her swords weigh 900 pounds, she needs a sturdy belt.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
I just want the pretzels

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/312899/animation-improvements-reponsiveness-animation-cancelling-coming-soon

quote:

Shipping with the next patch, we have vastly opened up our Animation Cancelling feature, and have allowed most cooldown and non-spammable powers to be animation cancelled shortly after their 'contact time', or 'the point at which the power deals damage'.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Instead of playing more today I went to see John Wick 2. I would recommend it over playing if you get the chance.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

he did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Clearly that is taken back in the actual year 2016. I see no time stamp there!