Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

Satou and Takahashi should get married and help their students with their troubles.

Takahashi's School for Peculiar Demi-chans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

???

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

:3:

https://jii.moe/ByunNj7ux.webm

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Holy poo poo Takanashi, at least establish a safe word or something

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm trying to think of her like a cat desperately wishing to scratch the walls, the furniture, anything; but the amount of desire here is fairly strong.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
That was a weirdly and kinda badly directed episode, definitely the weakest so far.

It was then saved by that magical smash cut at the end.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
What are ye talkin' aboot, the faces were top!

I think that's meant to be a visual indicator of nervousness and not literally sweat. But that does seem like an oversight by the staff.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 4, 2017

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Kusakabe actually points it out in the manga when Takahashi is explaining stress sweat, thinking it was only a thing from manga and anime. They should have done the same here.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think that's meant to be a visual indicator of nervousness and not literally sweat. But that does seem like an oversight by the staff.

Except that they establish that she does stress sweat ten minutes later.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I thought it was pretty obvious that her sweat freezes when she is depressed and nervous, not just nervous.

The episode was adorable, I don't know why people are complaining about it.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I thought it was pretty obvious that her sweat freezes when she is depressed and nervous, not just nervous.

The episode was adorable, I don't know why people are complaining about it.

I mean I was just making a joke, I thought the episode was really good.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

This look of guilt on Tetsuo's face when he's putting Yuki under duress, man.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 4, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I enjoy that Hikari's vampire biting urges are treated more like those of a hamster than a bat.

Also, i'm excited for the next episode. I like the Takanashi sibling's relationship and it'll be cool to see more of it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'm hoping it'll also be our introduction to Mr. Takanashi.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

I love it every time this happens.

Onean posted:

I'm hoping it'll also be our introduction to Mr. Takanashi.

I think the most we've seen of their parents so far is the scene where Machi's parents panicked after a train left with her body but not her head.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Hikari's nibbling is even more ridiculous than I imagined. Good.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Command Ant posted:

I think the most we've seen of their parents so far is the scene where Machi's parents panicked after a train left with her body but not her head.

Well next week's episode will have Hikari's dad, probably

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Command Ant posted:

Those were grandparents. :colbert:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

StandardVC10 posted:

Hikari's nibbling is even more ridiculous than I imagined. Good.

That stuff was really cute and ridiculous. She makes good sounds

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I kinda loved how Himari is just so over it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Anime_Otaku posted:

I kinda loved how Himari is just so over it.

That's how you know that she's family. I love this show so much.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

That's a pretty neat touch how they made snow girl's part of the opening more cheerful.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I actually think it would've been kinda interesting if Hikari really did have an inability to see her own reflection in a mirror; as so far Machi and Satou are the only ones that have some form of disability.

Kusabe kinda just has cool ice powers.

Poor Takahashi-sensei.

e: Not that Hikari doesn't already require accommodation for her traits but they strike me as being as somewhat less severe in terms of the Demism Spectrum; which does work in the shows favour in terms as working as a metaphor for disabilities.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 11, 2017

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Raenir Salazar posted:

I actually think it would've been kinda interesting if Hikari really did have an inability to see her own reflection in a mirror; as so far Machi and Satou are the only ones that have some form of disability.

Kusabe kinda just has cool ice powers.

Poor Takahashi-sensei.

e: Not that Hikari doesn't already require accommodation for her traits but they strike me as being as somewhat less severe in terms of the Demism Spectrum.

It makes an important point about the psychological impact that disabilities can have on an individual beyond any physical limitations it may impose.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Vampire lore makes them out to be obsessive-compulsives, what with not being able to enter a room without being invited and being forced to count every grain of rice if you throw a bunch at them. Here Hikari has just a minor tic of gnawing gently on someone, but I could easily see a series using a vampire as an OCD standin.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
There's also the whole sun thing, which isn't insignificant. I imagine if she's not careful, things like severe sun burn, dehydration or heat stroke are each a much greater risk for her, and for much much more of the year than it's a problem for anyone else.

Onean fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 12, 2017

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Someone post Hikari's dad doing the cat face.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Hikari basically has a dietary or physiological disorder like anemia or diabetes. Machi has a physical disability. Kusabe and Satou have anxiety disorders.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/MilesExpress999/status/830562461212307456

https://twitter.com/HugBdrill/status/830591613764186114

https://twitter.com/demichan_anime/status/830414688789753856

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I'm a little disappointed that they left out Takahashi's thoughts about how incredibly awkward all of that was. It had some pretty decent goofs if I remember right.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I'm a little disappointed that they left out Takahashi's thoughts about how incredibly awkward all of that was. It had some pretty decent goofs if I remember right.

I'd say his facial expression says it all, tbh. He's just lying there with this "WTF?" stare the whole time.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

'Oh, Japan' Media posted:

Japanese advertising agency totes model severed head of schoolgirl around Japan to promote bizarre anime.

It feels like someone is going to post an "Oh, Japan" news story with that sort of title.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

CrazySalamander posted:

It feels like someone is going to post an "Oh, Japan" news story with that sort of title.

Alternatively, Japanese advertising agency promotes disability awareness and inclusiveness through new anime campaign featuring a headless girl.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I love how Himari wears kinda goth/hot topic accessories at home.

Young succubus in the preview looks cute

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The text is definitely redundant here.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I just wanted to hear him say "whaaaaaaaaa"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CrazySalamander posted:

It's not a severed head, because it was never attached to anything.

Wait, how the heck does the birth of a Dullahan work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wait, how the heck does the birth of a Dullahan work?

It's crowning! *PLOP!*

*Trauma ensues*

• Locked thread