Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Look. Let's be honest here.

If there was a Yakuza game about Kiryu and Majima delivering the One Ring to Mordor it would be the greatest game ever made by mankind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

If there was a Yakuza game about Kiryu and Majima delivering the One Ring to Mordor it would be the greatest game ever made by mankind.

But first, catch 15 freshwater fish.

Smeagol Friendship maxed out. +1 CP

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Beat Club Moon first try, their sabotage thing blows though

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm having a hard time getting my completion to 50%, I'm hovering at like 48. So tantalizingly close.

And before anyone asks, yes I did all the slot car stuff.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

KingShiro posted:

Beat Club Moon first try, their sabotage thing blows though

Same, Mad Dog style is so fun.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Can anybody explain how to use the "body counter" move in the brawler tree? It says block and then hit triangle when attacked but the timing seems impossible compared to any other counter move in the series, including tiger drop. I once got it to work three times in a row exactly as I expected it to but before and after that I tried a dozen times with every possible timing and it never worked once. I'm starting to think it's actually bugged.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Telephone Club substory. What.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Detective No. 27 posted:

The Telephone Club substory. What.

There are seven, you'll need to be more specific. I'd say 3 of them deserve a "wut."

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Destiny calls. The one about Kiryu's "little guy."

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
holy crap the ending of this

i feel like an idiot for not realizing that makoto didnt recognize majima in that scene until they showed her at the empty lot...

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

The Cabaret battle is blocked by plot progression. I couldn't access it until Chapter 11 at which point every cutscene rolled one after another as soon as I stepped in.

I just completed the Club Moon Cabaret battle in Chapter 8, so this isn't true.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

I just completed the Club Moon Cabaret battle in Chapter 8, so this isn't true.

Yeah, someone explained it earlier, it's blocked if you have a plot event at The Grand.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm probably done with side stuff until premium adventure, I'm 67 hours in and starting chapter 8. Got both legendary styles unlocked and the other 3 styles for both characters on their final tier of upgrades.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Zaggitz posted:

I'm probably done with side stuff until premium adventure, I'm 67 hours in and starting chapter 8. Got both legendary styles unlocked and the other 3 styles for both characters on their final tier of upgrades.

Same, I think I'm on the home stretch here. Not sure how I'm going to buy the rest of majimas upgrades though without either some serious grinding or some real estate/ Mr. Moneybags abuse

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

ImpAtom posted:

If there was a Yakuza game about Kiryu and Majima delivering the One Ring to Mordor and performing tag team HEAT MOVES on Sauron and his associates it would be the greatest game ever made by mankind.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Could you imagine how intense Kiryu's speech about delivering the ring would be?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I never got around to finishing Shadows of Mordor, got distracted and just never got back to it for whatever reason right around when I got the possession rune.

I have never actually played a Yakuza game until now, despite being aware of them. I would definitely hurl my wallet at whatever was required to play Kiryu and Majima's Excellent Middle Earth Adventure.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Could you imagine how intense Kiryu's speech about delivering the ring would be?

A bunch of silent staring contests with the ring every time it gets uppity?

And Countless sidequests.

"Kiryu, that wasn't the ring you won from the carnival game! You gave that tavern wench the one ring!" and there are just too many options for what insanity would be involved to get it back.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Mount Doom is currently erupting when they reach it, so Majima and Kiryu rip off their shirts to pummel it into submission.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I am real bad at telling some of the phone club voices apart and I feel bad for Kiryu every time I recognise the name at the end and realise he's in for a bad time.

I'm 60 hours into chapter 5 and I haven't even found slot cars yet.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

History Comes Inside! posted:

I am real bad at telling some of the phone club voices apart and I feel bad for Kiryu every time I recognise the name at the end and realise he's in for a bad time.

I'm 60 hours into chapter 5 and I haven't even found slot cars yet.

They're in the building in the NE of the map just to the left of the park.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

exploded mummy posted:

They're in the building in the NE of the map just to the left of the park.

Take a look at your map. Minigame places are marked purple and have a little star.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So where do you play fantasy zone? I can only find space harrier and outrun.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

man nurse posted:

It's in Sotenbori iirc

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

Is there a list of heat actions up anywhere yet? I'm still missing a fair bit.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

man nurse posted:

Maxing the friendship of the Arcade ladies will unlock another game.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Take a look at your map. Minigame places are marked purple and have a little star.

Pocket Circuit Stadium isn't marked on your map until you meet Pocket Circuit Fighter for the first time.

man nurse posted:

I think it only shows up in the arcades once you befriend Kyoko in Sotenbori. Fantasy Zone is in the cabinets in the middle of Sega Land, don't look for a standalone cabinet like the other 3 games.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TheLoser posted:

Is there a list of heat actions up anywhere yet? I'm still missing a fair bit.

if you press triangle at an Ability Grid, you'll swap to a detailed list of the abilities. Select Heat Abilities for a list of all your unlocked heat abilities. If something's a master taught lesson or only available in a character's hidden style it won't show you details until you unlock it.

The heat actions are listed in about the same order as they appear on the Completion Checklist, just not split into tabs. Although, there are a couple of things with two entries depending if Kiryu is grabbing someone from the back or front, or if Majima triggered it in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Man... Majima's dancing sidequest is hard. Every time I manage to improve my score, so does Isobe. I've seen her get a score in the high five thousands, and now that I'm good enough to beat that every time, she's upped her score to more than 7500. Is she programmed to just do a little better than you every time?

Edit: No, it looks like there's no rubberbanding here. She just beat me by 1500.

More Edit: Now her scores are breaking 8500. I haven't gotten anywhere near that. Will she ever get a low score again?

Lord_Pigeonbane fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 11, 2017

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Man... Majima's dancing sidequest is hard. Every time I manage to improve my score, so does Isobe. I've seen her get a score in the high five thousands, and now that I'm good enough to beat that every time, she's upped her score to more than 7500. Is she programmed to just do a little better than you every time?

Edit: No, it looks like there's no rubberbanding here. She just beat me by 1500.

More Edit: Now her scores are breaking 8500. I haven't gotten anywhere near that. Will she ever get a low score again?

The dance battles have a really wide range of scores they can get and it's completely random, idk what causes it. I was only able to beat her and Kiryu's last guy when the RNG was feeling merciful and they only got about 5000 points, just keep at it and maybe the game will take pity on you too.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Does the cabaret ever get to the point where it makes as much as the real estate?

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Jimbot posted:

Does the cabaret ever get to the point where it makes as much as the real estate?

Nope, and that's somewhat reflected in the lower cost of ability upgrades. I usually pull in 100mil or so.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
This may sound counterproductive but it may be easier to do the song on a higher difficulty. I had a lot more trouble hitting those singular notes on easy, than the chains on medium or hard.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jimbot posted:

No but you can transfer a ton of kiryu's money.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

tap my mountain posted:

This may sound counterproductive but it may be easier to do the song on a higher difficulty. I had a lot more trouble hitting those singular notes on easy, than the chains on medium or hard.

Yeah. I've been doing it on the higher difficulty because it seems to improve my score way more than it improves my opponents' scores. I'm still losing, though.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

if you press triangle at an Ability Grid, you'll swap to a detailed list of the abilities. Select Heat Abilities for a list of all your unlocked heat abilities. If something's a master taught lesson or only available in a character's hidden style it won't show you details until you unlock it.

The heat actions are listed in about the same order as they appear on the Completion Checklist, just not split into tabs. Although, there are a couple of things with two entries depending if Kiryu is grabbing someone from the back or front, or if Majima triggered it in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Can't believe I missed that. Thanks.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The dance battles are awful bullshit and I hate them.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
im never going to be able to get 3million points in outrun and my friend who was good at old video games moved away so i cant even have him do it for me :(

its weird because i got a higher score and got less far in a previous game (which was over 3mil) but i havent been able to replicate that

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I hate the fact that when you play one of those arcade games for a story/sidequest reason, your score doesn't count toward CPs. Also, it won't let you record video of the old games, for some reason.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

holy gently caress the end of chapter 8. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I really hated Outrun because it took me a lot of tries to learn to hit the breaks any time anything scary happened, like trying to pass a truck on a turn. Just stay behind it until the road straightens out again and you can speed up and pass safely. Slowing down is way better than flying off the road or hitting something and spinning out.