Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sloober posted:

You cant stifle my free speech without replacing my tongue with a parasite

I'm cool with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Sloober posted:

You cant stifle my free speech without replacing my tongue with a parasite
Idgi what's the goal here?

Like how the hell did it evolve to replace tongues?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Dreddout posted:

Idgi what's the goal here?

Like how the hell did it evolve to replace tongues?

No longer has to look for food, safer in mouth of larger creature

Look the point is we should all have tongue isopods that definitely don't tap into your brain and control you, it'll be for the betterment of the human species.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sloober posted:

Look the point is we should all have tongue isopods that definitely don't tap into your brain and control you, it'll be for the betterment of the human species.

I wonder if they taste good.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

I wonder if they taste good.

No you aren't supposed to eat them, they help you by having little arms, haven't you always wanted a tongue that has little arms? it can get food out from between your teeth, 5 out of 5 dentists think tongue isopods are simply the best

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hyperlynx posted:

No, you fool, that's the genius of it! It's Trump loving up the rhyme, because he's an idiot. That's why it works so well. Picture a spontaneous musical number, where all the characters are magically singing in tune, in time and rhyming, and there's one fucko who keeps screwing it up. It's genius.

"The monorail is really—D'OH"

E: WTF, am I completely misremembering a scene or something

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 22:34 on Feb 11, 2017

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

E: fffuuuuu

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sloober posted:

No you aren't supposed to eat them, they help you by having little arms, haven't you always wanted a tongue that has little arms? it can get food out from between your teeth, 5 out of 5 dentists think tongue isopods are simply the best

You don't taste things you've eaten, you taste things that are currently in your mouth. That louse lives in your mouth. "Does it taste good" is a pertinent question.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

You don't taste things you've eaten, you taste things that are currently in your mouth. That louse lives in your mouth. "Does it taste good" is a pertinent question.

But your taste organ has been replaced by a different, better taste organ

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Jerry Cotton posted:

Eh, after enough exposure i stopped noticing your mom's taste and smell

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Data Graham posted:

"The monorail is really—D'OH"

E: WTF, am I completely misremembering a scene or something

"The Kwik-E-Mart is real—D'OH"

gently caress

I thought I was going insane for a second there

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sloober posted:

But your taste organ has been replaced by a different, better taste organ

Well, uhh... "does it taste good" is an even more pertinent question then!

e: Saved by ambiguity.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Jerry Cotton posted:

It tastes well.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

e: Saved by ambiguity.

Really good

Like the best taste you've ever had in your life, times 100

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Isopods in the crevice of your pussah...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtPqp53ISbE

waffles beyond waffles has a new favorite as of 01:30 on Feb 12, 2017

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Leftists are the real Nazis so it's okay to punch them

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Its true, keep going ideologically left until stack overflow wraps you back around to pcos bill

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Sloober posted:

Its true, keep going ideologically left until stack overflow wraps you back around to pcos bill

:aaaaa:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

If anyone doesn't know about this, it's literally what happened in Civilization 1. Gandhi had his aggression set to the lowest possible value. A civilization discovering the necessary technology for nuclear weapons would decrease their aggression rating, to try to simulate the concept that nuclear armed nations don't want to start wars with each other, to avoid mutually assured destruction. So if you decrease what's already the lowest rating, you get integer underflow and suddenly Gandhi becomes a brutal warlord.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Sloober posted:

Hmm, I wonder who's behind this post!

Hyperlynx posted:

If anyone doesn't know about this, it's literally what happened in Civilization 1. Gandhi had his aggression set to the lowest possible value. A civilization discovering the necessary technology for nuclear weapons would decrease their aggression rating, to try to simulate the concept that nuclear armed nations don't want to start wars with each other, to avoid mutually assured destruction. So if you decrease what's already the lowest rating, you get integer underflow and suddenly Gandhi becomes a brutal warlord.

Yeah dude I've taken a history class I know who Gandhi is! :rolleyes:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Hyperlynx posted:

Almost.

That was the basic idea but it wasn't nukes that caused it. Gandhi was a total peacenik in the game and those leaders tended to go for democracy. Any civilization that picks democracy has its aggression turned down. That was around the point that nukes started to show up so it wasn't long after Gandhi went democracy that he just declared war on everybody. The aggression number also influenced how the AI would behave in wars. Nukes were to be avoided as they seriously damaged the cities you used them on (better to take them in good condition) and cranked up world pollution, which would cause global warming and gently caress up the terrain.

Each value of AI personality was a byte whose value could be 0 to 255. Generally speaking leaders only had personality ratings between 1 and 10. Gandhi's aggression was 1. Basically he'd only fight people that attacked him and mostly just sat back and kept to himself. However, democracy has a -2 modifier to aggression which then made his aggression wrap around to 255. Even the most aggressive leaders didn't nuke everything in sight. Gandhi's aggression got cranked up so far he turned into a nuke-it-until-it-glows psychopath.

It then became a running gag in Civilization. This hasn't been a technical issue in later games and his AI is generally set to be peaceful but the devs deliberately cranked his "likelihood to use nukes if he gets in a war" AI value absurdly high. So now he's generally pretty peaceful but does, in fact, back his words with nuclear weapons. Lots of them. Connected to a button he'll push at the slightest provocation.

Moral of the story: don't piss off Gandhi.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
You must be the nukes you wish to drop on the world.
The weak can never nuke. Nuking is the attribute of the strong.
Belligerence is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in dischord.
A nuke for a rock only ends up making the whole world your servant.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow; drop nukes as if you were to live forever.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you nuke 'em.
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few nukes in the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become radioactive.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the nuking of others.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from ballistic MIRV's.
A man is but the product of his thoughts; what he thinks, and who he nukes.

-- Gandhi

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Almost.

That was the basic idea but it wasn't nukes that caused it. Gandhi was a total peacenik in the game and those leaders tended to go for democracy. Any civilization that picks democracy has its aggression turned down. That was around the point that nukes started to show up so it wasn't long after Gandhi went democracy that he just declared war on everybody. The aggression number also influenced how the AI would behave in wars. Nukes were to be avoided as they seriously damaged the cities you used them on (better to take them in good condition) and cranked up world pollution, which would cause global warming and gently caress up the terrain.

Each value of AI personality was a byte whose value could be 0 to 255. Generally speaking leaders only had personality ratings between 1 and 10. Gandhi's aggression was 1. Basically he'd only fight people that attacked him and mostly just sat back and kept to himself. However, democracy has a -2 modifier to aggression which then made his aggression wrap around to 255. Even the most aggressive leaders didn't nuke everything in sight. Gandhi's aggression got cranked up so far he turned into a nuke-it-until-it-glows psychopath.

It then became a running gag in Civilization. This hasn't been a technical issue in later games and his AI is generally set to be peaceful but the devs deliberately cranked his "likelihood to use nukes if he gets in a war" AI value absurdly high. So now he's generally pretty peaceful but does, in fact, back his words with nuclear weapons. Lots of them. Connected to a button he'll push at the slightest provocation.

Moral of the story: don't piss off Gandhi.

Ah, my mistake. Democracy turns Gandhi into a psycho, not nukes.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

the guy that drew this got banned from twitter, because of the comic.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

spit on my clit posted:

I looked this up because that seemed ridiculously bland to get banned over and apparently it was THIS comic that did it?

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

Jesus christ that is a lot of double negatives. I honestly have no idea which side this person is on.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Jesus christ that is a lot of double negatives. I honestly have no idea which side this person is on.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Code Jockey posted:

I looked this up because that seemed ridiculously bland to get banned over and apparently it was THIS comic that did it?

lmao

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

kill all men, im(male)o

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

quote:

I feel like he got banned because the people on Twitter couldn't tell either, and they reported him just to be sure.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Dreddout posted:

Hmm, I wonder who's behind this post!

Yeah dude I've taken a history class I know who Gandhi is! :rolleyes:

Ha ha, i see you there, nice to meet you fellow something awfuls poster what are you up to i have a nice gift for you if you have a minute to talk about things

SkyeTheBard
Jun 5, 2011

Furry Little Thief...

That's not a coffee table!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Half the world is already infected with the cat poop parasite, do we really need more guys taking up residence in our bodies?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

:agreed:, reading that comic makes me feel like I'm having a stroke for some reason. I just can't seem to figure out what loving point it's trying to make at all.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

DontMockMySmock posted:

:agreed:, reading that comic makes me feel like I'm having a stroke for some reason. I just can't seem to figure out what loving point it's trying to make at all.

I'm glad it's not just me. I thought maybe my sleepiness was overcoming me.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

DontMockMySmock posted:

I think that's the joke.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Good av.

E: for unrelated reasons I've recently spent an indefensible amount of time GISing for "eel nunchucks", so yes, yes I do.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 12:14 on Feb 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I had no idea Twitter banned people for mocking religions. They must ban 100s a day for mocking Christianity.

• Locked thread