Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
See, here's a better idea. You let immigrants in based on the needs / restrictions of your economy. They come here LEGALLY and then they are not only subject to the law, but also PROTECTED by the law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
EDIT: SORRY I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE LOL THREAD

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

See, here's a better idea. You let immigrants in based on the needs / restrictions of your economy. They come here LEGALLY and then they are not only subject to the law, but also PROTECTED by the law.

i, too, am an extremely hosed up psycho w/o empathy who is only able to see people in terms of numbers

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Arrhythmia posted:

i, too, am an extremely hosed up psycho w/o empathy who is only able to see people in terms of numbers

He is judge Dredd, but only when it comes to immigrants, white people crimes like speeding or torrenting don't deserve deportation.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Arrhythmia posted:

Lol. No, lets all live in cupcake island where there's free everything and there's enough for everyone because of good vibes and love.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I suggest anyone seriously morally opposed to the deportations find illegals to feed / protect in their homes like Oscar Schindler

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Scratch and sniff to get the full sensory experience of my posts!

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Jamesman posted:

Yes, we're always deporting undocumented immigrants. It's not a new thing. The new thing is Trump's/ICE's extent to whom they're going after and the way they're going after them.

Before, you could have an undocumented immigrant, and if they'd been here for a while, maybe have family here that are citizens, haven't committed any crimes and such, that an effort would be made for them to stay in the country. Now, it's zero tolerance.

Please stop with the mealy mouthed "undocumented immigrants" bullshit. They are illegal aliens, period.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Fog Tripper posted:

Please stop with the mealy mouthed "undocumented immigrants" bullshit. They are illegal aliens, period.

"Undocumented workers"

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

nomadologique posted:

i'm not above admitting i do it for myself. it helps me articulate my thoughts. it's okay if no one reads it. i could just as well type it out in a word document. it's probably an ego thing.

Hey pal real talk I think you're a great poster and have real good insight.

Fog Tripper posted:

It's both.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fog Tripper posted:

Are you the mountain man from Utah that doesn't believe in climate change?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I love when bigots use any of these reasons to destroy the lives of marginalized people:

-Save our children!
-Save our jobs!
-Save marriage!
-Defeat "Terror!"
-Stamp out drugs!

There are more nuanced ones but those are the ones that make me laugh every time. :smuggo:

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Don't forget to write random words in all capital letters for extra emphasis

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i love pointing out to people who trot out reagan's corpse to justify their various right-wing bullshittery that he granted the biggest amnesty to illegal immigrants in american history because it was the patently correct thing to do for our country's economy and future lmao

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

"i want to spend tons of manpower deporting, on the basis of semantics, people who disproportionately overpay taxes and are overwhelmingly a net positive for every community they inhabit" - someone who will cling desperately to any flimsy premise that will allow him to continue lying to himself about his being an ignorant racist piece of poo poo lmao

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

it is bad for citizens + the economy to deport illegal aliens who have jobs & families & don't break non-immigration-related laws; anyone who advocates for it explicitly does not care about what is good for the US and just wants to punish brown people hth

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Alex Jones liked a thing I made.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
drat son you jumped on that screenshot

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The legal immigration system overwhelmingly favors wealthy people from certain countries. It is not a deliberately crafted mechanism made for the needs of the US economy.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

aaaaah gently caress i got trolled didnt i lol

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Jimlit posted:

Alex Jones liked a thing I made.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

OMGVBFLOL posted:

aaaaah gently caress i got trolled didnt i lol

other people saying he's a troll but i don't really think so, lol.

maybe tho. quite committed. will hand it to him if so. :trophy:

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
Remind me- illegal immigrants are rapist felons at present right? Are they the ones stealing our jobs by doing them better for less pay? Or are they lazy and on welfare? Are we pretending that we have a highly principled objection to the very concept of breaking immigration laws and it's so awful that any action to stop it is justified?

Is the wall supposed to stop Muslim terrorists, or hardworking Catholics?

I have a hard time keeping track of the boogeyman of the day

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

nomadologique posted:

other people saying he's a troll but i don't really think so, lol.

maybe tho. quite committed. will hand it to him if so. :trophy:

Maybe they're only pretending to be retarded

Maybe

Sounds like some rose colored glasses poo poo to me

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I like how there's so much denial about the racist implications of these EOs and laws.

It's been barely 50 years since segregation ended. 70 years since Japanese immigrants were put into interment camps. 100 years since the Irish and Chinese were considered sub-human.

Some of it is brilliantly subtle. Consider how people like to use the word "ghetto" to describe where minorities live. All without realizing the irony of the word originally used for where Jews and other undesirables were forced to live before being shipped off to the ovens and showers.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Ghetto is the name of the historically jewish ethnic enclave in venice.

still racist, but let's get the facts straight.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Egbert Souse posted:

Scratch and sniff to get the full sensory experience of my posts!

I don't even need to scratch anymore, it's like magic

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I think he's stalking me now.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what's funny is Trump wants to make Mexico even shittier to live in so as a result we're gonna get poo poo tons more people trying to come over the border

like hey what if we worked with C. and S. America in a way that doesn't involve a poo poo ton of soldiers fighting cokelords in the jungles and maybe they won't be such poo poo shows everyone wants to escape from

then there is no mass amounts of illegal immigration

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Fog Tripper posted:

DHS calls em unauthorized immigrants so maybe use the correct term????

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Jimlit posted:

this is called "going viral," just not how you thought you would...

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jimlit posted:

Now get milo to follow you

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Panzeh posted:

The legal immigration system overwhelmingly favors wealthy people from certain countries. It is not a deliberately crafted mechanism made for the needs of the US economy.

We can craft the immigration system into anything we want rather than "don't run over the border... wink wink"

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/11/politics/donald-trump-border-wall-cost/index.html

quote:

"I am reading that the great border WALL will cost more than the government originally thought, but I have not gotten involved in ... the design or negotiations yet," Trump wrote in a series of two consecutive tweets. "When I do, just like with the F-35 FighterJet or the Air Force One Program, price will come WAY DOWN!"

Great leader getting involved with the great wall means only greatness for his people!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
so trump hasnt been involved in the design or negotiations of his own wall

way to go dude :bravo:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

so trump hasnt been involved in the design or negotiations of his own wall

way to go dude :bravo:

Is he supposed to sit at a drafting board drawing it himself?

Architects and engineers come up with plans, officials get estimates, and then it goes to his desk for approval. That's what you do when you're at the top.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Is he supposed to sit at a drafting board drawing it himself?

Architects and engineers come up with plans, officials get estimates, and then it goes to his desk for approval. That's what you do when you're at the top.

"A concentration camp is built like a stadium, a grand hotel. You need contractors, estimates, competitive offers and no doubt a few bribes."

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
If Trump was smart he'd just throw the contractors into the concentration camp once its built and then it was free

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Everything Trump does is such amateur hour bullshit lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Everything Trump does is such amateur hour bullshit lol

According to whom? The same "news" outlets that told you 1) Hillary had a 99% chance of winning? 2) That Trump got pissed on by Russian hookers?

• Locked thread