Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

OldTennisCourt posted:

So, the ending Akira doesn't kill Tetsuo so much as...trap him in some kind of parallel dimension? Basically Akira nuked everything again to restart Tokyo after the previous reconstruction went to poo poo? Is everyone aside from the last 4 survivors dead? Is Tetsuo going to return?

He's been gone since 2019, I don't think he's coming back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's no parallel universe, all the other physic kids pool their power to contain Akira's expansion but the energy has to go somewhere so it ends up resonating back through time and starts the big bang or something and Tetsuo becomes god idfk the ending is just weird.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they went on to a higher plane of existence, its like the end of a star trek episode when the weird aliens turn into a ball of pure energy

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Ristorante Paradiso is quite pretty but holy crap the first person cg intro has uh, not aged well

...unlike all the staff in the restaurant

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Also, Bread & Butter seems good and I like the little bit of personal drama they're working through even though with the reveal of his finances it's getting a bit silly imo.

All the bread stuff in the first 2 chapters was extremely good and I enjoyed figuring out how he should 'fix' his bread whenever that woman would come in with a request :3:

Oh buddy, I know that feel

Preach! Also, you know what's harder to handle than a brioche dough? An extra 4 22kg brioche doughs everyday for a week because your goddamn boss decided to make hot cross buns out of a currant + candied citrus peel brioche mix. More than 600 buns to be molded tight by hand each morning, brought in and out of the cold room because it's above 30 degrees in the bakery so the dough just melts if it's out for more than a few minutes. And of course, using the prep room with aircon is out because the dough dries out and tears like crazy, ruining the form.

AHHhhh! :stare:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3:

H-holy crap

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Knorth posted:

Preach! Also, you know what's harder to handle than a brioche dough? An extra 4 22kg brioche doughs everyday for a week because your goddamn boss decided to make hot cross buns out of a currant + candied citrus peel brioche mix. More than 600 buns to be molded tight by hand each morning, brought in and out of the cold room because it's above 30 degrees in the bakery so the dough just melts if it's out for more than a few minutes. And of course, using the prep room with aircon is out because the dough dries out and tears like crazy, ruining the form.

You should just use lovely pre-made base and less water, like we do.

And air-conditioning? Talk about needless luxuries.

(I hate my job and my employers. Kill me)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Cute characters

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Mister Macys posted:

You should just use lovely pre-made base and less water, like we do.

And air-conditioning? Talk about needless luxuries.

(I hate my job and my employers. Kill me)

Oof, at least suffer to make something good...

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Julias posted:

You should know, there are multiple English Dubs, so your experience with that can differ quite a bit!

A lot of the story elements are rushed or just...don't because get adapted at all because the movie only adapts a portion of the Manga Akira, which I think most people would agree is way more satisfying than the movie in terms of plot, character, and theme.

With that said, the movie is a great piece of animation, and is pretty much worth watching if only to see something that has had such a big cultural impact.

I actually like the film way more after having seen it with the character knowledge from the comic, but it's definitely confusing without it. I say read the comic then rewatch the film, also read the comic anyway because Otomo is a god artist

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's been a while since I reread Kurohime, and it's still good and fun.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

:same:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://u.nya.is/nyjygb.webm

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:rip:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Gawd drat, what show is that?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

its p good

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://youtu.be/I-3Y35Rnkf8

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/ppotankgx/status/830468180929699840

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

good

Redline: Mario Kart

https://twitter.com/fourscore64/status/830220976596058113

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

https://youtu.be/RBqpzcLtHrw

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also related: The Mario-Mercedez videos

https://youtu.be/HumAWTYh92c

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I rewatched the first few eps of Katanagatari on a whim and realized that I should totally actually finally finish that before hitting Madoka, so I'm gonna be streaming that starting tomorrow or Monday.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Good. It's amazing.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I have a cold and watched a lot of anime in the last day or so. Finished both seasons of Moyashimon! I liked the first better overall, but both were fun. I liked the France and Marie stuff in s2, and it worked well thematically with Hasegawa's stuff, but we spent the whole first season making friends with the crew back at the university, and I wanted to see more of them and their stories! Ah, well. Maybe someday someone will TL the rest of the manga, or better yet someone'll make more of the anime.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Just met Raven in Gravity Rush 2. This game's really drat good. Great art style, great music. The boss track in particular is super jazzy and inspiring.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

goodness gracious the eupho2 theme song is a piece of business

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i just rewound it 5 times

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
What's the goon opinion of "Love, Chunyibo, and Other Delusions"?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

First season is ok but not spectacular, second season is really boring

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

El Burbo posted:

First season is ok but not spectacular, second season is really boring

, movie is 5 minutes of original material and then a series recap.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Spiritus Nox posted:

Just met Raven in Gravity Rush 2. This game's really drat good. Great art style, great music. The boss track in particular is super jazzy and inspiring.

I got like three main story missions left. The game has been a hell of a ride, I'm so happy with it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

first season was so bad i only got four episodes in. seems like the only characters of any interest are kinda gimmicky and secondary, which sucks

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I have a bad case of chuunibyou

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mister Macys posted:

the first season is... okay? the second season has a few fun filler episodes and the rest absolutely blows because its main focus is just bad relationship drama

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
The characters own when they're just screwing around. The second season puts its head up its rear end but it had plenty of stuff I still enjoyed during carefree scenes

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mister Macys posted:

Just watch Aura: Koga Maryuin's Last War instead. It's the better anime about Chunyibos, and in this case, as an easily digestible 83 minutes instead of several hours.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

• Locked thread