Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Visidan posted:

Looking at a screenshot it was 2 zerkers 2 chronos 2 druids 2 tempests, reaper and scrapper. Druid fell off at the start of the fight and I think a tempest did during the middle. The only dangerous attack is the sweep thing, i just called out to dodge when it happened.

The biggest thing that gave me hell with the sweep thing is that the sword is a knockback when it first comes down, and the animation before the sword comes down is roughly half a second long and its placement seems random. The sweep itself isn't even the dangerous part, you get a ton of warning for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Either I'm missing something obvious, or the geometry in the new map really is out to get me, but I can't figure out how to get above the survivalist's shack in Harvest Cascades. I've looked for places to glide from, I've tried to climb the building, nothing works.

On a related note, I'm going to cut that peach tree down, too. At goon suggestion I've tried gliding from the entrance, and I made it across the pillars all of once before reset, but that one red-tinted patch on the wall might as well be coated in oil the way it spills me at the slightest twitch.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Bieeardo posted:

Either I'm missing something obvious, or the geometry in the new map really is out to get me, but I can't figure out how to get above the survivalist's shack in Harvest Cascades. I've looked for places to glide from, I've tried to climb the building, nothing works.

Finish the guy's heart quest and he'll sell you a key for zero karma. That unlocks the trap puzzle under his basement, and at the end with the chest is a portal to the hill above his shack.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, I'm a dummy.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Killed the third boss on second try. Last boss is really annoying with the stupid chain thing at the start, feels like the dumb poo poo inbetween the bosses but now added to the fight to make it seem longer.

Weekend now so wont be fighting it again till raid reset. All in all new raid is pretty cool, balance patch and expansion plz now

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Geshtal posted:

Finish the guy's heart quest and he'll sell you a key for zero karma. That unlocks the trap puzzle under his basement, and at the end with the chest is a portal to the hill above his shack.

Oil up your key and slide it into my treasure chest

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

NO NECROS! need boonstrip

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I also don't understand people's aversion to having a healer. Makes life so much easier, every run I've ever brought my Magi's Druid to was a piece of cake

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i keep coming and going from this game, mostly at a whim or when friends ask me to play. I used my HoT boost on an ele and wasn't too impressed when i last played (and they had apparently been nerfed the day i came back, too). how are they doing currently?

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 10, 2017

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Tsurupettan posted:

i keep coming and going from this game, mostly at a whim or when friends ask me to play. I used my HoT boost on an ele and wasn't too impressed when i last played (and they had apparently been nerfed the day i came back, too). how are they doing currently?

What game mode? Ele is fine, pending the balance patch coming soon.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

where the red fern gropes posted:

Eat the elitists

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

where the red fern gropes posted:

Jokes on them, I'd bring my nomad necro healer w/o boon strip :smug:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
so did anyone notice this new legendary weapon in the patch

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_HMS_Divinity

it's a bit silly

Aug 24, 2011

Trogdos! posted:

so did anyone notice this new legendary weapon in the patch

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_HMS_Divinity

it's a bit silly

i'm sure the huge amounts of rifle warrior/engineer players will be thrilled

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
But is the sound effect the modeled on the score to the HMS Pinefore?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Magres posted:

I also don't understand people's aversion to having a healer. Makes life so much easier, every run I've ever brought my Magi's Druid to was a piece of cake

Remember when we were told there'd be no holy trinity?

Serious though, gently caress the elitists in this game. I can understand in raids, but everyting else is casual babbyshit. Back during the Halloween meta I was kicked from a Mad King farm. Why? Because I wouldn't link my gear to show that I was full ascended. I mean, I was full ascended, but gently caress some tryhard Asura for forcing that on me.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

AmbientParadox posted:

tryhard Asura

Next character name spotted.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Erdricks posted:

But is the sound effect the modeled on the score to the HMS Pinefore?

Aaaand now it's stuck on my head

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

AmbientParadox posted:

Remember when we were told there'd be no holy trinity?

Serious though, gently caress the elitists in this game. I can understand in raids, but everyting else is casual babbyshit. Back during the Halloween meta I was kicked from a Mad King farm. Why? Because I wouldn't link my gear to show that I was full ascended. I mean, I was full ascended, but gently caress some tryhard Asura for forcing that on me.

I figure there's two kinds of elitists - people who want to get poo poo done, and people who want to pretend they from a top tier raiding/speedrunning guild and imitate them. I want to get poo poo done and, honestly, if someone can't make the DPS check on the 2nd boss of CM Nightmare because they're running full Soldier's gear and it's actively preventing us from completing the content, I don't think it's my job to carry them through stuff they're not properly equipped for :shrug:

It's the people who try to do like Warrior, Chrono, and 3 Eles in CM then throw a hissy fit when they wipe repeatedly that make me roll my eyes, because they're trying to force an "optimal" strat that's only optimal for very high level play, not for pugging poo poo. Just run a loving healer in place of the Chrono and voila your group will clear the bosses 80% as fast as the 'optimal' group and won't wipe the moment anyone makes a mistake. I joined some pug CM group that kicked me for dying on the first boss as Ele and saying we should have a Druid. Made my own pug group with my Druid, cleared the drat thing while they were still on LFG trying to make an 'optimal' grop.

Tbh I think most 'elitism' is people reasonably wanting everyone to carry their weight in a fight for the most part (a lot of people get really mad if you don't want to carry them while they contribute next to nothing), but there are definitely people who try to enforce stupid, arbitrary, and counter productive rules in the name of their ego. Also that mad king farm thing is loving stupid, exo vs ascended armor is like a 2% dps change and just doesn't matter at all.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Aaaand now it's stuck on my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odBDjYK1gz4

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Magres posted:

Tbh I think most 'elitism' is people reasonably wanting everyone to carry their weight in a fight for the most part, but there are definitely people who try to enforce stupid, arbitrary, and counter productive rules in the name of their ego.

Disagree, I think after raids we see more of the latter. But, SFD is pretty free of that which is really nice :3:

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I am currently in "Scrounging for HoT Mastery points" mode. There's still a few I can get in Tangled Depths and Dragon Stand, and one or two I can get in VB and AB, but after that it's silver and golding adventures :(

I'm terrible at Adventures.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Disagree, I think after raids we see more of the latter. But, SFD is pretty free of that which is really nice :3:

People demanding ALL ELES ALL THE TIME is stupid as hell (Hammer Guard is braindead easy to play and is enough DPS to pass every DPS check in the game, and will do more damage than a bad Ele), but other than that I haven't seen stupid+arbitrary+counter productive rules. Legendary Insight counts are arbitrary as all hell but generally work as a way of weeding out people who have no idea what they're doing from groups that want to have an easy time getting boss loot and don't want to teach people.

Only time I've seen elitism discussed in raids was when I kicked a "Condi Druid" who was running Greatsword+Longbow and never used Celestial Avatar from a pug KC I was leading and they sent me angry tells about being an elitist prick :(

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I am currently in "Scrounging for HoT Mastery points" mode. There's still a few I can get in Tangled Depths and Dragon Stand, and one or two I can get in VB and AB, but after that it's silver and golding adventures :(

Have you gotten the insight points in the new maps?

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Magres posted:

Have you gotten the insight points in the new maps?

I'm doing the new map right now! Still If I wanna max out my HoT lines (I'm trying for the legendary armour, because I am a masochist), I need every one I can get.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I'm doing the new map right now! Still If I wanna max out my HoT lines (I'm trying for the legendary armour, because I am a masochist), I need every one I can get.

I'll be home in a bit and will do the new map with you!

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Watch the guides Higgs made. You'll get gold easily on most of them after following his advice.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

how the gently caress do people even keep track of the stuff needed for legendary weapons? it's like 30 different gifts needed to make other gifts and each of those takes like 250 of like 5 different materials

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
GW2efficiency has a crafting calculator that helps a lot, I used it for making The Juggernaut. It breaks each item down into its component parts in a nested collapsible menu. I mostly focused on making one thing at a time - I started off by buying The Colossus, then focused on the Gift of The Juggernaut and picked that apart one step at a time until it was done, then did my Gift of Mastery, then the (UGH) Gift of Fortune.

gently caress Gifts of Fortune. So, so much.

Magres fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 12, 2017

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have like 65 gold to my name right now so all i can assume is that getting any sort of legendary is immensely out of my league entirely

Sair
May 11, 2007

That depends on how much free time you have.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Johnny Joestar posted:

i have like 65 gold to my name right now so all i can assume is that getting any sort of legendary is immensely out of my league entirely
When I started crafting a legendary for the first time I had about 1k gold on me, by the time I was done I think I had about 50g total and had to borrow gold from a friend to list on the AH lol

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm going to go a much more reasonable route and just make an ascended weapon, something which i haven't really bothered to do until now

Indentured Servant
Aug 31, 2008

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Johnny Joestar posted:

The markets you invest in are super important. If you were to take 60 of that 65g and dump it into orichalcum imbued insignias, in a matter of hours you would have maybe 74g.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

AmbientParadox posted:

The markets you invest in are super important. If you were to take 60 of that 65g and dump it into orichalcum imbued insignias, in a matter of hours you would have maybe 74g.

if by 'markets' you mean 'ecto gambling' then i'm probably going to do that some once i finish up this ascended hammer since really most of what i have left now is time-gated resources for deldrimor/spiritwood crap. i make very smart investments

Aug 24, 2011

"bank contract? ecto vendor? i don't need those" -person who doesn't know any better

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So uh, yeah.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Only takes 4 h 20 mins :420:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

how do you keep your focus on this poo poo for 4 hours and 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Tsurupettan posted:

how do you keep your focus on this poo poo for 4 hours and 20 minutes.

i'd be surprised if it was anything other than an mmo

also, who the hell decided that resources should be time-gated for crafting? that's awful.

• Locked thread