Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

I don't disagree but that seems like the sort of thing that could force them into having to deal with some of this stuff. Like, if Gorusch is in Congress condemning Trump's behavior towards judges as a response to a Democrat's questions then poo poo potentially hits the fan.

the only thing that's actually caused them to not openly slob on trump's micropenis is him equivocating putin and the us on o'reilly and even then it was a half-hearted tut tut

and that was purely because trump broke kayfabe

actual policy or openly questioning the legitimacy of the judiciary they couldn't give two shits about (and it's not like most of them haven't bitched about activist judges legislating from the bench) and if gorsuch is still trump's pick, then by god he'll get confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Prettz posted:

that's all well and good when you're talking abstractly, but then how do you account for every single ex-marine that's now a cop

When you are a marine grunt for 4-20 years, you do not have any other skills. They get out and think, oh poo poo I do not really know how to do anything else. So they become cops, because they are good at it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The worst part of our first extraterrestrial colony being Jehovas Witnesses would be that nobody would celebrate the occasion

Moloch be praised

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i'd believe in mormon jesus if it meant interstellar travel

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

a great insurgent tactic was making new martyrs out of demonstrators by agitating by firing guns or throwing bombs at troops
Yes, the old "I thought I saw a gun" routine.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Meshka posted:

When you are a marine grunt for 4-20 years, you do not have any other skills. They get out and think, oh poo poo I do not really know how to do anything else. So they become cops, because they are good at it.

Don't they then get to like

go to school for free and have their rent and poo poo paid while doing it?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

VectorSigma posted:

i'd believe in mormon jesus if it meant interstellar travel

me: "this all proves there is no God, or if there is one he's malicious"

Space Mormons: "our God wants to rescue you from this shithole planet"

me: "PRAISE THAT GUY"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

A majority of military people flunk out of GI Bill education lol

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

yeah, police school, at the free barracks.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

etalian posted:

Well then maybe they should uhhh, hold on

*consults official book of lovely right wing responses to complaining young people*

go learn a trade or something!!!!!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

while being employed as police? no

while trying to get in a different trade through the GI bill and VA? yes but not for long the way the GOP is going

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

like i'll say it again:

tucker carlson. TUCKER CARLSON. invited a liberal political economist professor on to his show and proceeded to listen with concern as said professor proceeded to rail against the capitalist system and how it had failed the country.

he then brought out quotes and stats not to be a colossal dick and further poison dialogue in the country but to bring up additional topics he wanted the professor to cover in their limited time.

he then wrapped it up all 'thanks for being here please look at this guy's youtube it's real good'

tuicker loving carlson did this.

this country is turning god damned upside down

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

while being employed as police? no

while trying to get in a different trade through the GI bill and VA? yes but not for long the way the GOP is going

My prediction is that the GI Bill and everything will stay so that they can pound their chest about how much they love the troops, but they'll do something incomprehensibly bad that we just aren't predicting to avoid paying them out, like drafting people into private military forces

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

*consults official book of lovely right wing responses to complaining young people*

high speed lead guider

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

My prediction is that the GI Bill and everything will stay so that they can pound their chest about how much they love the troops, but they'll do something incomprehensibly bad that we just aren't predicting to avoid paying them out, like drafting people into private military forces
or the russian solution: just not paying them, because they're officially "conscripts"

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

nah, they'll just require them to go to a select list of for profit schools owned by their buddies

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
So the whole "people are really pissed at the Obamacare repeal" was kind of the objective that the Republicans were fearing all this time, right? That once it was in place and insuring enough people, that it'd be too necessary in peoples's daily lives as to become untouchable, kind of like Social Security?

(not that I don't think they won't still try to gently caress up Social Security either)

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
while we're on the topic of mormons, are there actually singles wards of mormon women in the US waiting for a rightful mormon husband to pick them up? lmao

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Rex-Goliath posted:

like i'll say it again:

tucker carlson. TUCKER CARLSON. invited a liberal political economist professor on to his show and proceeded to listen with concern as said professor proceeded to rail against the capitalist system and how it had failed the country.

he then brought out quotes and stats not to be a colossal dick and further poison dialogue in the country but to bring up additional topics he wanted the professor to cover in their limited time.

he then wrapped it up all 'thanks for being here please look at this guy's youtube it's real good'

yeah its actually really cool

everything is hosed up and i love it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the stone got moved by someone else who the symbiote talked into becoming a new host because it couldnt regenerate the Jesus body to full health after crycifixion, explaining how he appeared to gis disciples but wasnt immediately recognizable

the ascension is him leaving w a ring transporter to his hidden spaxeship

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

or the russian solution: just not paying them, because they're officially "conscripts"

Now, cynical and paranoid as I am, this is a situation where I can see the military deciding to take matters into their own hands and overthrowing people

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Rex-Goliath posted:

like i'll say it again:

bernie would have won

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
id like to be a mormon because they prep like crazy but i think drinking and smoking and caffeine and being lovely and rude and drunk and disorderly is cool and thats like not mormony

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dolash posted:

For what it's worth, I don't think the Courts have a strong way to strike back at Trump if he decides to test out just throwing EOs at them that all do the same thing in different ways/wordings, especially if they take 15 minutes and consult a lawyer or two to give them at least some basic legal backing. The Court might've shown it had enough guts to threaten Contempt when DHS wasn't abiding by the hold before, but it'd be another matter entirely if they put Trump in Contempt for filling their inbox with obvious junk EOs meant to overwhelm the system. Even if it's within their legal power, it'd take considerable guts to charge the President under those circumstances, and half of Trump's shtick is brinksmanship.

lol Trump the vexatious litigant in chief

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

etalian posted:

That is not true. Former military do better because they are used to being poo poo on constantly and do better in college because they laugh at things that make 18 year old undergrads all pissy.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Rex-Goliath posted:

like i'll say it again:

i find it weird that this happened because thats what i'd not expect at this point and thats sad

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

So the whole "people are really pissed at the Obamacare repeal" was kind of the objective that the Republicans were fearing all this time, right? That once it was in place and insuring enough people, that it'd be too necessary in peoples's daily lives as to become untouchable, kind of like Social Security?

(not that I don't think they won't still try to gently caress up Social Security either)

Naw, people embracing it after they gained power is neutral because they never intended to actually kill the bill

People screaming at them in defense of it and the ACA being 3x more popular than the face of their party is probably something they aren't keen on though, because it means there may be the fuel required to expand it with a public option if the Dems take the reigns soon

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

Now, cynical and paranoid as I am, this is a situation where I can see the military deciding to take matters into their own hands and overthrowing people
maybe you'll understand why some of us aren't very shook about the military now!!!!!!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

yeah, that's what's backfiring, people are getting insured when they never could before, or hit lifetime limits...etc, or their friend/church members or whatever and they think 'well if it helped out bob's wife with her cancer and all it can't be all bad' it's really hard to take away entitlements when they are popular.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Rex-Goliath posted:

like i'll say it again:

I think the way this happened is carlson as an outside observer is able to suspend his programming just long enough to see that brexit is objectively bad. And this guy, who is british, not american, says he predicted brexit and trump and that they're the same phenomenon. And his message is not openly critical of trump and is sympathetic to his voters. And he's got a sweet foreign accent, again being not american. And that is the combination of factors that allowed this segment to be possible.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Salt Fish posted:

I'm shocked that LIBERALS would tolerate this pervert!

liz warren u have disappointed me for the LAST time

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

maybe you'll understand why some of us aren't very shook about the military now!!!!!!

I'm not shook, I just don't really see anybody on top who I believe will take one for the team and openly defy the POTUS

People try to tell me Mattis was that guy but what's he been doing, aside from grinning like an idiot as Trump signs flagrantly unconstitutional EOs?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

unfortunately, this one is true

it beats the hell out of any other jobs you can get without spending 4 years plunging yourself into debt to maybe get a good job!!!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Baloogan posted:

yeah its actually really cool

everything is hosed up and i love it

if this ends up turning fox new liberal im going to get banned by shouting THE ACCELERATIONISTS ARE RIGHT in any dnd thread where its appropriate.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Plinkey posted:

yeah, that's what's backfiring, people are getting insured when they never could before, or hit lifetime limits...etc, or their friend/church members or whatever and they think 'well if it helped out bob's wife with her cancer and all it can't be all bad' it's really hard to take away entitlements when they are popular.

turns out that most people don't want their friends and family to die after being denied medical coverage, who would have thought?

now total strangers, sure.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

while we're on the topic of mormons, are there actually singles wards of mormon women in the US waiting for a rightful mormon husband to pick them up? lmao

kinda but not really, my understanding is that the men go on like 4 year missions after highschool or college and there's a section of women that same age that are like 'where dem mens at?'

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2875998-155/mormonisms-dating-dilemma-is-a-guy

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

I'm not shook, I just don't really see anybody on top who I believe will take one for the team and openly defy the POTUS

People try to tell me Mattis was that guy but what's he been doing, aside from grinning like an idiot as Trump signs flagrantly unconstitutional EOs?
mattis definitely was not that guy, but merely "least bad" which turned out to still be really loving bad

also, the NATO intelligence circuit with ties to the navy are likely to have the first anti-defectors-to-russia among them especially with the navy seal benghazi and more like that to look forward to

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Prettz posted:

And this guy, who is british, not american,

lol my bro can you really not distinguish a scottish accent from a british one?

i mean your point stands because brexit was really the uk but don't ever confuse that in front of a scot or brit

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
it sucks but college is a loving scam and i'm mad we've constructed a job market that requires massive debt in order to get a well paying job that doesn't leave you aching all over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pomp posted:

unfortunately, this one is true

it beats the hell out of any other jobs you can get without spending 4 years plunging yourself into debt to maybe get a good job!!!

hes right, most people do this to survive now without being anchored by crippling debt until the robot uprising that replaces all of our existing labor force

• Locked thread