Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

The Lord Bude posted:

That was a good episode, but I really like Rory and I want him back asap. He has been under-utilised on arrow though. He's way too powerful for that show, he should be on LoT or something.

They already have a Rory on LoT who is one of the best characters on the show. A second would just be confusing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
"I have to hack the Russian server"

Y'know, the server where the Russians keep the Russian internet.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Kilson posted:

They already have a Rory on LoT who is one of the best characters on the show. A second would just be confusing!

Also Rip Hunter, who I can't help but think of as Rory to the point that I often can't remember the character's real name.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I only started liking Laurel last season and then they killed her off. Now they replaced her with someone that somehow has the same name and the exact same powers. I'm not sure how they could be any more ham-handed but at least the new canary is cool. Also there needs to be more Kacey Rohl. She was amazing in Hannibal and was one of the few good things about Wayward Pines, she really sold the son-loving.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Laurel didn't have any powers.

Anyway they're portraying the whole thing as some fate deal, the show does have magic and stuff after all.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 10, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like Dinah, I feel like she and Dig are gonna stand around being wowed by a lot of poo poo.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

pls don't leave, Ragman.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kilson posted:

One of those Rorys is a first name (Ragman) and the other is a last name (Heatwave) so it's not as confusing as it is odd that everyone calls Rory, Rory instead of Mick like Snart did/does

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Cap'n Lance continues to get me right in the feels every episode he's in.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rhyno posted:

I like Dinah, I feel like she and Dig are gonna stand around being wowed by a lot of poo poo.

Me too. She seems like she's being set up as the gel between the new team. She has the same kind of wide eyed awe of Diggle about the world they're in. Has a hard enough edge for Rene to be a little scared of her. Is "soft" and sympathetic enough to connect with Curtis and Rory if he comes back. And has already shown herself to be one of the few people who can stand up to Oliver and make him see reason. I dig her and am already warming up to the idea of her being Oliver's next romantic interest.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nooneofconsequence posted:

pls don't leave, Ragman.

Yeah, it'd be lame as gently caress if that was the end of Ragman. Hopefully he just has to charge the rags with evil souls again or something

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

STAC Goat posted:

I dig her and am already warming up to the idea of her being Oliver's next romantic interest.

I won't lie, in the episode with Black Siren I was thinking that version of Laurel worked better with Ollie: they both lost their Earth's version of the other, they both went bad for a time, and so on. Of course the episode didn't go down that path, but Dinah has a similar dynamic so when they go down that path (because of course they are) it should work.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. Arrow clearly tried to do a thing where they brought Earth 2 Laurel in to kind of tease the idea of reforming her and helping Oliver find what he lost, but that would have been creepy and weird for him to try and turn his ex's evil twin into his good ex so he can bang her. So they use it to then segueway into Dinah who is a more natural mix of the two Laurels and fit for Oliver and the team but also happens to have this crazy fate twist of sharing Laurel's name and Earth 2 Laurel's power.

Which of course plays a little forced to us because we know it isn't "fate" but rather actual writers. But once you get past that I think its working inside the show.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, it'd be lame as gently caress if that was the end of Ragman. Hopefully he just has to charge the rags with evil souls again or something

He said he'd be back so I'm just gonna assume he will. I like him but he's kind of a weird fit into Team Arrow which is probably why he's spent more time out of the rags and moralizing than actually in the rags and crime fighting. So him walking away for awhile and then showing back up as a recurring secret weapon like Barry or Vixen or whoever feels like it would work. Then maybe he can find a spot on Legends or something where his powers fit better.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 10, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A lot of times it's budget too. Characters sitting out parts of a season is a common way to save money. They just got Lance and Digg back who are expensive day one cast members. Thea can't be on vacation forever either.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
Yeah the countdown to the clip show episode should start right about now...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Plus, its probably just better management of characters. Like think back to all the Roy stuff and how people were annoyed by him always being there but never having anything to do. Arrow has a pretty big cast for a show that isn't really an ensemble piece so its probably better to have a narrative reason to write out characters like Rory, Thea, Quentin, and Dig and have them just disappear for a block of episodes rather than to have them on the sidelines for no reason and end up coming off like neglected or inconsequential pieces.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Ollie needed someone new to sleep with and then completely piss off.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think that's the thing. I could actually buy Oliver not screwing up with Dinah. Maybe that's just subliminal because I know she's Black Canary proper but she's got way more in common with Oliver than any of his past girlfriends.

Like, most of Oliver's exes have either encouraged Oliver's moral side but was hurt by his darker side (Felicity, Laurel) or connected with his darker side but bristled with his moral/normal side (Sara, Huntress). Dinah's somewhere in the middle.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Also there's Isabel who managed to be just as skeezy as Oliver

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

grack posted:

Also there's Isabel who managed to be just as skeezy as Oliver

lol, Ollie and his dad banged the same chick

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol, Ollie and his dad banged the same chick

Eskimo brothers as well as father and son.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Bozart posted:

Yeah the countdown to the clip show episode should start right about now...

Season 6 - the flashbacks are to season 1

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
yeesh. Could they telegraph reporter lady being Prometheus any harder?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Actually, I think they threw everyone off that sent this week. Prometheus presumably already knew Oliver was the Green Arrow. That was something she was just figuring out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe it's Earth 2 Felicity.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Actually, I think they threw everyone off that sent this week. Prometheus presumably already knew Oliver was the Green Arrow. That was something she was just figuring out.

Evelyn already told Prometheus who is on team arrow.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Evelyn already told Prometheus who is on team arrow.

Right, which made the scene where Oliver's girlfriend figuring out the secret blatant that she's not Prometheus, unless there's some split personality thing going on.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Talia is definitely Prometheus; they are showing us a bunch of how she prepared him to take on the outfit and turn into "something else." I don't think Prometheus is doing all this just to torture Oliver, just get him to get back to killing all his targets, since that's what he was doing before the end of S2.

Reporter lady is definitely tied to Russia/Bratva somehow, since they showed us that deliberate quick shot of her pouring vodka when Ollie was at her place a couple episodes back.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Chokes McGee posted:

yeesh. Could they telegraph reporter lady being Prometheus any harder?

I've never seen him run like a girl.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Prometheus is Earth-2 Oliver Queen, who didn't die on the Queen's Gambit, but instead basically took on the Sara role and joined the League of Assassins. As for how he got to Earth-1? Speedforce.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bentacos posted:

Prometheus is Earth-2 Oliver Queen, who didn't die on the Queen's Gambit, but instead basically took on the Sara role and joined the League of Assassins. As for how he got to Earth-1? Speedforce.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Prometheus is Captain Lance, angry with Oliver for letting Laurel die.

Oh, I mean Captain Lance, Alcoholic, not Captain Lance, Time Lesbian

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Reporter lady is paying off a federal agent for poo poo about Oliver, which is why she got the info about him being in Russia while he was "dead." This was shown super early in the season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Reporter lady is paying off a federal agent for poo poo about Oliver, which is why she got the info about him being in Russia while he was "dead." This was shown super early in the season.

And it's all info Prometheus seems to already know, so it's probably not her.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably the best thing for Prometheus is that he's totally the guy they think he is and he's just some random guy and not in their lives at all.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I know they can't do it but I kinda wish that if Oliver is revleaed to be the Arrow and rather than choose the mask chooses the public servant route to further distinguish him from the whole Batman but with a bow thing.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mooseontheloose posted:

I know they can't do it but I kinda wish that if Oliver is revleaed to be the Arrow and rather than choose the mask chooses the public servant route to further distinguish him from the whole Batman but with a bow thing.

Well, I mean, he is a mass murderer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's a spree killer. It takes way more to hit mass.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aphrodite posted:

My guess is somewhere in the next few episodes is a situation where having Ragman around would solve things in 3 seconds, so they put him on the shelf for a bit.
How would that be any different to the previous episodes he was in? He's always made the rest of the team seem redundant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His range is more limited than a gun or bow, he's not especially fast, and apparently can't move when he's doing his bullet catching. He's not as overpowered as he seems.

• Locked thread