Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Are we still posting internet speeds

Sure as hell doesn't feel like it downloads that fast when I get stuff on steam :sigh:

Steam's download page, as far as I can tell, list the speed in mega-bytes (MB) per second (MB/S), while internet companies and speed detectors display mega-bits per second. 1 mega-bit per second is the equivalent to 1/8th of a mega byte. So, even if you have 100mbps you are downloading at about 12.5 Megabytes a second tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

$25.99 a month for it.

Also, look at this,

http://i.imgur.com/DsbpDiT.gifv

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I also have a penis the size of your underarm and I've probably slept with your sisters

Can confirm. Still can't walk right even today. :monocle:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

kordansk posted:

Hey, you should play with us Falcon BMS goons. It's fun.

I was playing BMS just a few days ago actually. But I spend most of my flying in DCS now.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Tarquinn posted:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Lucky.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

All these speedtests reminds me of that nutball that actually tried to download SC at work and was paid a visit for taking the network down.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
I bet there'd be a huge overlap in a Venn diagram of ex-cultists and people who have shared their internet speed test result because everyone else was and they wanted to fit in.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Quavers posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/theastropub

Starring the shillizens "ex-INN, new-INN" Dolvak & Acapella

Oh boy, they are theory crafting patch release dates :allears:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

radd posted:

This is not true. Steam is one of the few sources that lets me download at 9+MB/s.
I can get 12MB/s downloads from Steam pretty easily.

If I use local servers in Melbourne it's actually a 25ms ping because of routing (usually Melb-Syd-Melb depending on providers/hosting) but I'll see 8-15ms to Sydney constantly. The upstream for me is probably the more important part of my connection, I could deal with 20-50Mb/s down, but the 1-3Mbs up most connections is loving horrible if you're uploading anything bigger than 20MB.

Also, ping won't matter much with SC when your character has 200ms lag purely due to the game. Connection ping is just icing on the cake, really.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

CrazyTolradi posted:

Also, ping won't matter much with SC when your character has 200ms lag purely due to the game. Connection ping is just icing on the cake, really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9tw79VwHtQ

oh wait, sorry, that has gameplay in it.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Raskolnikov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9tw79VwHtQ

oh wait, sorry, that has gameplay in it.

Wow, I remember 150+ ping Quake being much more playable then this. Rose tinted glasses I suppose.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

trucutru posted:

Before you go into a fight you have to make sure you are well-hydrated, had a good meal and bowel movement (the toilet can now be accessed), slept well, carry enough oxygen, etc. Otherwise your commando's mitochondria may not produce ATP at 100% efficiency and his cardiovascular system will not be able to deliver energy-rich blood to all the modeled muscles -including the diaphragm- which will slow the oxygen intake even more.

In short, your stamina bar charges 10% more slowly. (You can buy special medicine at the cash-shop to prevent this)

Stimipens, anyone? To be later followed by Sleepipens so you can use your bunks.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

trucutru posted:

Pfft, move aside goonie, let me show you how :smuggo: is done

I need that broken down to jpegs per second to understand that rate please.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

D_Smart posted:

I was playing BMS just a few days ago actually. But I spend most of my flying in DCS now.

does the VR work properly? I thought they couldnt get 90 fps. It seemed choppy last time I tried.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

trucutru posted:

I can't wait until I can pierce my own oxygen tank to create some extra thrust in zero-G combat.

I can't wait to assassinate someone by switching their air supply with poison gas.

I can't wait until I have to manage different atmosphere compositions for the different races traveling in my space airline.

I can't wait to collect rare air from exotic planets.

With a well-developed breathing simulation the possibilities are endless, pledge now commando.

Tell the truth. You just can't wait to rape them once the poison gas kicks in. You can even use your knife to make a crotchless suit for easy access. You know it is inevitable, why fight it?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Are you saying everyone in this thread is an alt-right maniac? Because it's true. :colbert:

I like my alt-right like I like my whales, blown up with dynamite.

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Catte tax:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Quavers posted:

Here's a good start, and about half of the comments in the thread:

Cue pages of random speculation and argument.

Most open development, like, ever.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Please don't remind me of how I nearly gave up programming after bashing my head against UI development using Tcl/Tk and Qt. I much preferred direct win32 and C++ STL, even if it was technically more obtuse. I realized I'm an algorithm and under-the-hood guy. gently caress UI programming.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Post your speedtest.net speeds

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The Titanic posted:

I hope Chris Roberts determines that breathing really should have a bigger impact on gameplay and that the player should control his (sorry no girls here) breathing and by practicing breathing you can use less air in stressful situations and therefore

You're in luck. I'm pretty sure this was in one of the 10FTC.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:3:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I'm not bodyshaming but that lighting sure is, it gives the impression of sagging from the top rib

Good, I'm not the only one.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Are you saying everyone in this thread is an alt-right maniac? Because it's true. :colbert:

I like milo yiahoweverthehellyouspellhisname. Does that make me alt right too? Please say yes so i can join the cool kids club

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Why are people talking about a cleavage picture. I don't see any pictures like that showing up. Maybe my browser settings are off, or something. I know sometimes that happens when mixing https and http elements on a page.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
This is why I moved from Australia to EU.

The connections 4G, unlimited download for EUR 35 which I find pretty cool.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tippis posted:

I need to upgrade. :eng99:

You can just SHUT RIGHT the hell UP!

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 12, 2017

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Samizdata posted:

You can just SHUT RIGHT the hell UP!

US internet is really hit and mess I've been told, largely because of how the various providers agree not to compete in areas and just provide whatever they want for a lovely price.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CrazyTolradi posted:

US internet is really hit and mess I've been told, largely because of how the various providers agree not to compete in areas and just provide whatever they want for a lovely price.

Meanwhile, in Canada, everyone offers the same thing at the same price. (This is not as good as it sounds)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Is 3.0 going to be released by the end of 2017?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Pureauthor posted:

CIG will die before that happens

nawledgelambo fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 12, 2017

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Pureauthor posted:

Short answer: No

Long answer: Bwahahahahahaha No

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I moved outta vancouver a few years ago and I STILL dream of novus.
loving ludicrous internet.
I miss it ;_;

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Archive my internet connection too

Download: CIG is running a scam
Uploading: SC is hosed thanks to Chris
Ping: Get a refund.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

XK posted:

Please don't remind me of how I nearly gave up programming after bashing my head against UI development using Tcl/Tk and Qt. I much preferred direct win32 and C++ STL, even if it was technically more obtuse. I realized I'm an algorithm and under-the-hood guy. gently caress UI programming.

I had to learn tcl when working for a hospital. We had an interface engine (a kind of middleware that routes communications between devices and the medical record database) that only used code written in that language when transforming data so that receiving systems could understand it.

This kind of massaging was necessary because the standard protocol for medical device communication (HL7) had more interpretations than the HTML standard did in the Netscape days. It was rare that we ever encountered a vendor with no custom segments that also followed the protocol to a T.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Is it still crowdsourcing funding when you sourced your crowd 5 years ago and there's no significant growth in playerbase since?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

This is considered 'good' here, and it costs about $90/month