Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

The Duggler posted:

They should put in a 4 speed operator with special bullet dodging abilities and a laser accurate rifle

An ability that affects movement speed would be cool but oh so exploitable. They'd have to be otherwise lovely since being able to rotate quickly or even dash from one side of a door to the other would be horrific to play against no matter which team you're on. My aim is already bad enough in this game where most players sit in a corner and slow walk everywhere.

something like a 1 speed caveira but instead of silent steps it would be a quick burst of speed

or an ability to quickly dash or dive a short distance which could cause a whole new wave of broken leg animations that would make for hilarious killcams

they'd have to be otherwise lovely since being able to rotate quickly or even dash from one side of a door to the other would be horrific to defend against

cinci zoo sniper posted:

He's clutching through the sheer power of will. :2bong:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/BelatedIllustriousFoxhound.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
How long until ubi jumps the shark and makes an invisibility operator?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

not sure why you guys keep posting racist chat logs. are you waiting for Hard to give you a hug and give out bans personally? you all sound like a bunch of whiny babies who havent played an online game before. report them in-game and move on with your life.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Basticle posted:

not sure why you guys keep posting racist chat logs. are you waiting for Hard to give you a hug and give out bans personally? you all sound like a bunch of whiny babies who havent played an online game before. report them in-game and move on with your life.

lol you got banned

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

causticBeet posted:

How long until ubi jumps the shark and makes an invisibility operator?

i genuinely hope they never add automated turrets that actually shoot people. jaeger is fine enough.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Basticle posted:

Reported.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Basticle posted:

We're waiting for Hard to subtly drop a lunch break truth bomb in the dev cafeteria that people are hardly thrilled with 12 year old Smoke players teabagging downed Ash while spamming "gas the kikes" in all chat, especially considering that majority of popular online games do absolutely allow you to filter specific players out of the chat.

While we're still at that, I hope one day the technology will be there to allow a chat box that you can scroll up to see the past messages.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The Echo drone switches direction its viewing every time you get off and back on it; which is definitely gonna get some Echo players killed.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

We're waiting for Hard to subtly drop a lunch break truth bomb in the dev cafeteria that people are hardly thrilled with 12 year old Smoke players teabagging downed Ash while spamming "gas the kikes" in all chat, especially considering that majority of popular online games do absolutely allow you to filter specific players out of the chat.

While we're still at that, I hope one day the technology will be there to allow a chat box that you can scroll up to see the past messages.

until then i'll be sitting on this 12TB folder of gif'd chat logs that accurately preserve the exact timing of terrible racial slurs just in case these cyber criminals need to be exposed and brought to justice

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Thief posted:

until then i'll be sitting on this 12TB folder of gif'd chat logs that accurately preserve the exact timing of terrible racial slurs just in case these cyber criminals need to be exposed and brought to justice
I would recommend transferring them to magnetic tapes, in order to safeguard against failure of your hard drives.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Party Plane Jones posted:

The Echo drone switches direction its viewing every time you get off and back on it; which is definitely gonna get some Echo players killed.

sitting on cameras instead of using your eyes and ears does get players killed

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wooper posted:

so does taking the operator with trash weapons

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Basticle posted:

so does taking the operator with trash weapons

This doesn't apply to anybody though?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Wooper posted:

I use my eyes and ears through the black eye duh

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

The Duggler posted:

This doesn't apply to anybody though?

Isn't Blitz just flat out worse than Montagne?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
i mean it's not like it is "Hard" to have a filter for this poo poo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Carecat posted:

Sort of; shields are usually hosed these days due to the netcode once again; Blitz is still useful on smaller maps where he can take advantage of the small range of his gadget though (like House); the thing only goes out 5 meters or so.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Flash effects in general could probably stand to be larger

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Flash effects in general could probably stand to be larger

No thanks.

They are already insanely good.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

They are? I'm told to never take flash bangs ever on anyone for any reason

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

:confused: I use flashbangs all the time especially with hibana

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They're better than claymores or smokes, at least.

I've seen that a lot of people have a really dumb habit of flashing a room and then waiting until after it wears off to go in, so they think they're worse than they are.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I killed several people last night by accidentally flashing the both of us and getting lucky with the blind firing

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Draxion posted:

They're better than claymores or smokes, at least.

I've seen that a lot of people have a really dumb habit of flashing a room and then waiting until after it wears off to go in, so they think they're worse than they are.

Claymores are situational but very useful on maps with heavy jumpout peeks (top of bridge on Kanal, exterior stairs/ladder on Hereford).

It's smokes that are useless because the smoke is client side so you never know if you're actually smoking a dude out or if he can see through it plain as day. BF1 is the only recent game to do smoke correctly; if you're inside the radius of effect it's a complete and utter white out of your screen.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Carecat posted:

Lmao

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

Claymores are situational but very useful on maps with heavy jumpout peeks (top of bridge on Kanal, exterior stairs/ladder on Hereford).

It's smokes that are useless because the smoke is client side so you never know if you're actually smoking a dude out or if he can see through it plain as day. BF1 is the only recent game to do smoke correctly; if you're inside the radius of effect it's a complete and utter white out of your screen.

Oh I definitely agree claymores are useful, they're just usually a lot more situational. Every claymore kill I've ever gotten has saved my life, but you have to anticipate being ambushed so I put them a little bit below flashes.

There's only a couple characters (if that, I can only think of Capitao) who have to pick between the two anyways, though.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

I agree that the way smoke works currently could be improved but that doesn't mean they are actually useless.

Smoke grenades and Montagne's shield go together really well especially since the majority of this game is indoors.

Unlike flashbangs, smoke grenades work best if you throw a few of them at once. I've walked right onto the objective for a win more times than I can remember by just throwing smoke in 3 corners of the room causing anyone camping to panic. Try using them to cause confusion and chaos moreso than to directly conceal movement.

They will distract defenders and usually even spook them into giving away their position by blind firing into the cloud.

You can also throw them off of your position to make the enemy think you are trying to flank them or are breaching the opposite end of the building.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Sometimes Mira ends up loving a team over if your first reaction is to light it up as soon as you hear the gas go.
https://streamable.com/rjrmz

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The Duggler posted:

They should put in a 4 speed operator with special bullet dodging abilities and a laser accurate rifle

Ash already exists though.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

found some old funny/dumb smoke grenade stuff in my shadowplay folder :350:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhcVNaL7RLQ

Jehde posted:

Ash already exists though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPI14HKRqfE&t=63s

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

It feels like flashes do nothing unless it's at their feet

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Are the servers always this bad or is it mainly a function of the Year 2 stuff launching with a new patch? A friend and I tried to get back into this on PS4 today and it was borderline unplayable due to regularly losing connection to the main server, people getting disconnected during games, etc.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It feels like flashes do nothing unless it's at their feet

https://gfycat.com/DisloyalMaleAmethystgemclam

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I should have specified, to enemies. FF flash have huge area of effect

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Innocuous posted:

Are the servers always this bad or is it mainly a function of the Year 2 stuff launching with a new patch? A friend and I tried to get back into this on PS4 today and it was borderline unplayable due to regularly losing connection to the main server, people getting disconnected during games, etc.
Used to be worse.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Hard is there any word on that view bug being fixed in the upcoming patch?

I don't want bother with ranked until I know I'm not going to lose rounds to it.

And I'm not sure if it's better or worse in casual, on the bright side no precious rank lost to it, on the downside I can't rejoin whoever I was playing with and people need to either drop out or I get to sit out an entire match.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Hard, not sure if bug.

But this seems like a really hosed up thing to do.

And you can get the shield even closer if you put the shield up first before doing the reinforcements and mirror.

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 12, 2017

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

lohli posted:

Hard is there any word on that view bug being fixed in the upcoming patch?

I don't want bother with ranked until I know I'm not going to lose rounds to it.

And I'm not sure if it's better or worse in casual, on the bright side no precious rank lost to it, on the downside I can't rejoin whoever I was playing with and people need to either drop out or I get to sit out an entire match.

As in stuck out of map view? can't confirm but I've heard about it so chances are yeah.

IceOrb posted:

Hard, not sure if bug.

But this seems like a really hosed up thing to do.

And you can get the shield even closer if you put the shield up first before doing the reinforcements and mirror.

Looks like a bug to me. Thanks :)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

so i think ever since velvet shell came out shadowplay might be broken with this game? it says its saving recordings but it never saves it to my folder (other games work fine)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Gah, I've been playing so badly these past 2 days. Every round, I just make dumb mistakes and die instantly as a result. I wouldn't normally be so butthurt but I'm wasting my renown booster. I only bought it cause I was absolutely dominating rounds, and then the second I activate it, I'm always at the bottom of the scoreboard.

• Locked thread