Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

DalaranJ posted:

I'm getting torn up on normal 9-3 because my only carry is Y. Tiki who can't double that blue mage and my other guys are cavalry. I think the solution is probably "level a wyvern"? Any advice?

The solution to my problem was actually Azama strategically delivering some Pain to Ursula's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The beautiful thing is that once you've cleared Lunatic story and have your first team of 40s, energy becomes a lot less valuable. I'm just blowing a few doing level-appropriate training towers for my B team a few times a day, but all the pressure to maximize my energy use is gone.

Edit: and the daily special fights, which take 15 together. NBD.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

So should I hold onto my orbs for the pending blue meta? I really want a Lucina or maybe even a Marth for movement hijinks even though I have 5* Lyn/Y Tiki and a 4* Roy. I also have a 5* Takumi and a 4* M Robin to work with.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
There is no pending blue meta (although it's fairly possible with the small amount of quality greens and numerous sword lords). Who knows what the next banner has - Takumi was basically an unexpected nobody that completely shaped the initial meta.

I'm saving for the next one just because I have two from each current focus banner already. Plus Ephraim is a cool dude with a spear.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Barte never was the same after Karla died.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

when do you think we will get old man dwarf hector

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

acumen posted:

There is no pending blue meta (although it's fairly possible with the small amount of quality greens and numerous sword lords). Who knows what the next banner has - Takumi was basically an unexpected nobody that completely shaped the initial meta.

I'm saving for the next one just because I have two from each current focus banner already. Plus Ephraim is a cool dude with a spear.

The joke is that Ephraim was broken in 8 and will likely be broken in Heroes.

How could people not have expected Takumi? Everyone's power level in this game seems to map pretty 1:1 to how strong they were in their main series games.

General Morden posted:

when do you think we will get old man dwarf hector

Old Man Hector getting axed was such a brutal part of 6.

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 12, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Takumi is broken in the same way he was in Fates. He can basically fly and archers got super buffed in those games.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i am levelling a setsuna for the sole purpose of countering takumi, seeing as kagero isn't as flash hot when effie or tiki can kill everything she does, and abel eats mages/clerics better

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tae posted:

Takumi is broken in the same way he was in Fates. He can basically fly and archers got super buffed in those games.

i dont think this game does enough to express what a useless piece of poo poo takumi is, but in fates they have that side story where he admits that he's trash and fujin yumi is the only reason anyone puts up with him

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tae posted:

Yeah Archers are actually good in Fates and Takumi is the best Archer in Fates.

Which arguably makes him the best Archer in the series.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

i dont think this game does enough to express what a useless piece of poo poo takumi is, but in fates they have that side story where he admits that he's trash and fujin yumi is the only reason anyone puts up with him

I'm pretty sure that same support conversation said that his skills are the only reason he can use Fujin, because his son tried to use it and it couldn't do poo poo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

please do not interject any sort of facts that support takumi not being bad

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I ran into a 2 Takumi 2 Camilla team in arena and I had 1 Camilla and 0 Takumi so I was thoroughly thrashed

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

please do not interject any sort of facts that support takumi not being bad

Takumi is good because he's the only one not riding Corrin immediately in any game

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Yeah I'm not up to 40 yet but one of the few teams I've lost to recently was a Marth and double Takumi bullshit thing

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I encountered the Takumi x3 + Hector dream once. Someone out there is pretty lucky (I won though).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Are you locked in for the orbs you'll be summoning with?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Are you locked in for the orbs you'll be summoning with?

You're locked in for the first summon, but you can back out before the 2nd and reset the orbs. At the cost of losing your discount.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Takumi is good.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Leveling up alt characters, the big difficulty leap in this game is the mid 20s where these horse mages come out of nowhere with like 40-45 attack. God forbid they have an actual speed stat to go with it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Leveling up characters is going to be really awful when the training tower discount ends

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zotix posted:

Leveling up alt characters, the big difficulty leap in this game is the mid 20s where these horse mages come out of nowhere with like 40-45 attack. God forbid they have an actual speed stat to go with it.

yeah it's a struggle, especially since odds are your alts are characters who aren't as good (which is why they're alts) so it's even worse. still managed to get a bunch to 20 so i can make them into 4s or something if i want later.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Andrast posted:

Leveling up characters is going to be really awful when the training tower discount ends

I think this game in general will be unbearable after the honeymoon period ends, really.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
nah this game is good

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

oh cool free olivia

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

oh cool free olivia

Is she good? But at 2* that's gonna take some work!

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Cosmic Afro posted:

The feather requirement is pretty tolerable up until the 5* upgrade so it's not so bad.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/_amoreh/status/829895696568315904

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Annoyingly enough, I'm finding myself gated by badges for promotions at the moment, not feathers. Is the only way to get them grinding the training tower on certain days of the week?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Cosmic Afro posted:

Three stars gets her dancer utility, and that's all she really needs to be useful. So, 19 levels and 200 feathers. Not too bad.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't see what she gains that's worth beyind 3 stars. She gets dance, 11 mt weapon, and +3 atk buff.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

I don't see what she gains that's worth beyind 3 stars. She gets dance, 11 mt weapon, and +3 atk buff.

Well, 4/5* units have better stats so she would presumably be able to actually fight something once in a while at a better rank

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Tae posted:

4* is good for Hone Attack 3 but 5* doesn't provide an awful lot except being able to maybe pick off green mages.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I think Nowi fucks my perfect arena runs more often than anyone cause my Marth can't always one round her and my ringer is Ryoma who does not wield a falchion. I always lose 1-2 dudes to Nowi.

Takumi is a complete plebe near cap. Any ranged attacker with a buff or two will blow him up. Two is really annoying though depending on the map. I've never ran into three.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, Linde and Nowi are threats my current team just has 0 answers for and I'm not really sure what I can do about it.

E: Aside from have a chance to get Lyn in to take a swing before using another unit (probably Corrin) to take the second hit on them but that's really about it.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Feb 12, 2017

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
So I'm pondering to draw on Devotion again.

I have: Cordelia, Marth, Lyn, Robin(M), Raven, Lon'qu, Donnel, Gwendolyn, Nino, Cecilia, Gauis, Jackob, Fir, Laslow, Draug, Oboro, Sully, Cherche, plus... uh, a lot of the free rotation characters.

Should I?

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
Ahahahaha, I did a summoning and got a 5* Robin AND a 5* Lilana, while nabbing 4* Hawkeye and Laslow. That's a pretty amazing summon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Cosmic Afro posted:

So I'm pondering to draw on Devotion again.

I have: Cordelia, Marth, Lyn, Robin(M), Raven, Lon'qu, Donnel, Gwendolyn, Nino, Cecilia, Gauis, Jackob, Fir, Laslow, Draug, Oboro, Sully, Cherche, plus... uh, a lot of the free rotation characters.

Should I?

Takumi might not even the best neutral nuke and I dunno how favored Camilla is in the meta right now. Lucina is arguably the best character in the game and Legendary Heroes actually has a marginally better 5* pull rate so maybe consider weighing that, though you do have a lot of good red lords otherwise.

Takumi would improve your lineup more in the short term but you could always pull a Kagero, and you'll probably miss Lucina more if you miss out now. Kind of a wash :shrug:

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 12, 2017