Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rutibex posted:

My favorite was Whis reaction. He gives absolutely zero fucks about anything :smug:

"Ehhh, I'll probably be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Goku, stop talking about Gohan's latent power.

Stop trying to motivate him to fight by putting lives on the line.

You motherfucker you remember how this worked in the Cell Saga right?

Here's a hint it didn't

Goddamnit Goku stop being you

Gohan, you might need to kill your dad for the sake of all universes.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Burkion posted:

You motherfucker you remember how this worked in the Cell Saga right?
Gohan murdered the christ out of Cell?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Funky Valentine posted:

Gohan murdered the christ out of Cell?

Goku died first.

And Gohan nearly screwed the pooch on that too.

Actually you know what Goku, if Gohan does have some kind of heretofore unseen super god powers that would make him strong enough to actually matter in a tournament where SSJB won't cut it, here's a thing you should do

loving train him in it first you stupid moron. Don't just shove him into it without thinking about it. Help him reach it, and then help him not go psycho with it and nearly doom us all. Also seriously work on his self esteem issues. The entire time he was fighting Cell he was bitching about how he didn't think he could do it even though he had more than enough power to vaporize him during the final beam struggle

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
At this point maybe Vegeta should just be his Saiyan Dad. At least he'd care enough to properly motivate a child.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Crabtree posted:

At this point maybe Vegeta should just be his Saiyan Dad. At least he'd care enough to properly motivate a child.

By threatening to murder him, his family, his clan, and his entire planet.

Still, gets results.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Still, gets results.

"Gohan, if you don't fight better, I will KILL YOUR FATHER!" "... you want to do that anyway." "It's nice when I can mix work and pleasure."

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Cabbit posted:

Still, gets results.

Yeah and he'll just threaten Gohan. Not endanger him and his whole goddamn Universe almost partially on accident!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wouldn't a tournament where he got to kill :argh:ningens:argh: on a mass scale be up his alley? Especially when it was caused by a :argh:ningen:argh: that overstepped his boundaries in the first place?

What if Zamasu secretly infected Future Zeno and he's using this tournament to turn all the universes against Goku while at the same time wiping out all those filthy :argh:ningens:argh: :tinfoil:

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Rhonne posted:

What if Zamasu secretly infected Future Zeno and he's using this tournament to turn all the universes against Goku while at the same time wiping out all those filthy :argh:ningens:argh: :tinfoil:

I just want to hear Zeno voice say :argh:ningens:argh:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Burkion posted:

Goku died first.

And Gohan nearly screwed the pooch on that too.

Actually you know what Goku, if Gohan does have some kind of heretofore unseen super god powers that would make him strong enough to actually matter in a tournament where SSJB won't cut it, here's a thing you should do

loving train him in it first you stupid moron. Don't just shove him into it without thinking about it. Help him reach it, and then help him not go psycho with it and nearly doom us all. Also seriously work on his self esteem issues. The entire time he was fighting Cell he was bitching about how he didn't think he could do it even though he had more than enough power to vaporize him during the final beam struggle

I'm left with the feeling of 'Goku doesn't feel he CAN'. How to bring out a level of ability that is leaps and bounds above your own? Roshi stopped/gave up when it was clear the natural ability of Goku, Krillin and even Tien went well past his own. Mr.Popo's still about, perhaps, but no Kami, either. But then, of course, Kami is Piccolo, and he IS training Gohan.

It's...weird, from where I am. I'm left with the impression he's absurdly proud of his boy, but also doesn't know what to do about it at all. Whether it's because he's just 'silly Goku' or simply the fact(Even mocked here) he's been dead for most of Gohan's life. How do you re-connect with people you've been away from for most of their lives? How do they re-connect with you?

Whis is training Vegeta only, right? And Beerus isn't especially interested in Gohan, so that's out. And Goku has learnt a lot, but never 'how to train someone'.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Barring some kind of retcon this is all leading up to Goku deciding to take Uub on as a student so presumably at some point that becomes a thing

Talvos
Mar 21, 2005
Are they doing this on purpose? The way they talk about how everything will be fine if Universe 7 wins, just glossing over how countless lives will be lost regardless, is... it's eerie. Also, the anger levels need to explode. Vegeta needs to beat Goku to near death, only sparing him to have him compete in the tournament.

This is terrible. Goku is responsible for more death than any other being. Even if they win, Beerus should just congratulate them, then destroy Goku. Ah, but Goku will kill Beerus and Vegeta will become the new god of destruction. There we will have the Goku VS Vegeta fight we always wanted. A fight where Vegeta is good, and Goku is insanity.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
why are we blaming Goku when it was Zeno who decided to make the awful rule of "you lose ur universe dies"??

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Talvos posted:

Are they doing this on purpose? The way they talk about how everything will be fine if Universe 7 wins, just glossing over how countless lives will be lost regardless, is... it's eerie. Also, the anger levels need to explode. Vegeta needs to beat Goku to near death, only sparing him to have him compete in the tournament.

This is terrible. Goku is responsible for more death than any other being. Even if they win, Beerus should just congratulate them, then destroy Goku. Ah, but Goku will kill Beerus and Vegeta will become the new god of destruction. There we will have the Goku VS Vegeta fight we always wanted. A fight where Vegeta is good, and Goku is insanity.

If there was ever going to be an arc where Vegeta finally grabs the protagonist ball and gets the closer it would be this one. They're already showing him far more attentive to his family and trying to just live his life like a good person for once, when Goku comes along right before/after the birth of his daughter and basically threatens existence itself.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lupus Rufus posted:

why are we blaming Goku when it was Zeno who decided to make the awful rule of "you lose ur universe dies"??

Because Beerus warned him but Goku is an idiot.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lupus Rufus posted:

Asking an insane murder-god for things isn't exactly a great idea

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Always remember that Son Goku is Sun Wukong, and Sun Wukong is/was an rear end in a top hat that got a mountain dropped on him. It took a long time for him to become anything resembling 'good'.

Now he's at the power level to tease the gods and everyone and have some fun. Thing is his 'fun' is everyone else's 'horror' currently.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Zeno is very obviously abusing his power though, even though he acts all innocent he needs to learn that his decisions have consequences!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Bloodly posted:

Always remember that Son Goku is Sun Wukong, and Sun Wukong is/was an rear end in a top hat that got a mountain dropped on him. It took a long time for him to become anything resembling 'good'.

Now he's at the power level to tease the gods and everyone and have some fun. Thing is his 'fun' is everyone else's 'horror' currently.

I would watch badly dubbed Super on bbc 1. :scotland:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

CharlestheHammer posted:

Because Beerus warned him but Goku is an idiot.

He also just saw that happen to Future Trunks' timeline.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Goku needs to be reminded that Gohan is his son

Pan chan foreshadowing her role as savior of the universe

Potential prospect of Satan being best pals with the Zen'os

Buu is chosen as the first fighter, but falls asleep, but then turns out to be an audience troll and first fighter is really Buu.

Super is soooo good.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Lupus Rufus posted:

Zeno is very obviously abusing his power though, even though he acts all innocent he needs to learn that his decisions have consequences!

Actually he doesn't, and nobody can make him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can't believe we're going to get an actual fight feauturing Majin Boo in the year 2017

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Talvos posted:

lol this isn't happening

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It is actually and I am really sorry he didn't spoiler it for you.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i mean i'm not one to talk, my ideal scenario is goku and vegeta getting chumped early somehow and the filthy humans have to save the day

like imagine the op except it's krillin instead of goku

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Gohan knows everyone will kick the crap out of Goku if word gets out, and he knows which side of the fight he'd end up on.

Got to keep Goku alive for the tournament.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

When are we getting to the Android 17 factory!?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Realtalk though everything is proceeding according to Goku's plan (in association with Hit Assassinations Ltd.).

All gods must die.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

sassassin posted:

Realtalk though everything is proceeding according to Goku's plan (in association with Hit Assassinations Ltd.).

All gods must die.

Goku's going to try and wish the universes back, but excluding the gods of destruction, isn't he?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Bee posted:

Goku's going to try and wish the universes back, but excluding the gods of destruction, isn't he?

I mean during the first tournament he made it pretty clear that the gods bossing them around wasn't going to go on much longer

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Oh god Satan is going to have to adopt the Zeno boys and show them cool tapes of his wins while he stuffs Buu with chocolate.

Hercule runs the interdimentional foster home for wayward lunatics.

Super owns.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Bee posted:

Nah, just a big spirit ball combining the energy of the 120 strongest fighters in all the universes right in Zeno(s) face(s).

Gods of Destruction aren't really the problem, they're a symptom; normies given a horrific job by monstrous gods.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

lezard_valeth posted:

Goku needs to be reminded that Gohan is his son

Toei wound up watching DBZA and based their writing of Goku on that, only they decided that version of him was a bit too smart. :v:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I legit can't fathom the sheer amount of lives Goku has ended. 1,000,000 Friezas couldn't do what he just did. And they woulda at least been doing it for power and money, Goku's just doing it cause he's bored.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Actually it's Zeno who's doing the killing. Goku may be an idiot who stirred poo poo up when there was no need, but Zeno is the horrifying monster who commits omnicide without batting an eyelid. Remember he's already destroyed multiple universes before in a tantrum, if Goku's bumbling leads either to his destruction of his restrainment he will have done the cosmos a favour.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Also, the Dragon Ball Super mythology is really frickin weird. The highest force in existence is some weird little midget kid who doesn't seem to have any role in existence other than to be served and blow things up for no reason, he doesn't even seem to have the mental capacity to have set up the cosmic order himself. Who the heck even made the Kais and Angels and Gods of Destruction?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

multijoe posted:

Actually it's Zeno who's doing the killing. Goku may be an idiot who stirred poo poo up when there was no need, but Zeno is the horrifying monster who commits omnicide without batting an eyelid. Remember he's already destroyed multiple universes before in a tantrum, if Goku's bumbling leads either to his destruction of his restrainment he will have done the cosmos a favour.

Further reminder that Zeno was already planning on doing this tournament, Goku is ONLY responsible for getting Zeno to hold it sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Can't believe we're going to get an actual fight feauturing Majin Boo in the year 2017

this. i dont give a gently caress about the universes dying, this is the universe we live in right now: we're going to definitely have fights with pretty much every character and there's not gonna be any bullshit getting in the way.

• Locked thread