Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

It's been awhile since we've seen some rear facing weapons, hasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Bumpulses are p cool.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Man, after the last mission it's just jarring to look at a bunch of sensibly-built assault mechs clocking in under 2k BV.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

That is a lot of pulse lasers and gauss rifles.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That is a lot of scrub-tier 4/5 pilots.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Does improved targeting long make long range roll like medium range? They might not be able to hit the broad side of a barn, but they've still got some fancy toys.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Anti-radiation LRMs? What do those do?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Grizzwold posted:

Anti-radiation LRMs? What do those do?

They provide a bonus to hit anything running an active probe or ECM and an additional bonus to hit anything that's been hit with a Narc beacon. Anti-radiation missiles are also the only things that always treat a Narc beacon as active no matter how many ECM bubbles are interfering with it.

Also, it was bound to happen eventually:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

PoptartsNinja posted:

I feel like I'm going to break your heart because a retrotech Caesar prototype just can't compete with a Thunder Hawk and a Sunder. This one's a full production model.

CARO LIVES

edit: ahahaha and he's a sniper

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Don't need upgrades for a Banshee-3S, that thing will still scrap with anybody.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I feel like I'm going to break your heart because a retrotech Caesar prototype just can't compete with a Thunder Hawk and a Sunder. This one's a full production model.

Hey it's still my fluff in this universe regardless

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Dolash posted:

CARO LIVES

edit: ahahaha and he's a sniper

Where have we seen Caro before?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

They provide a bonus to hit anything running an active probe or ECM and an additional bonus to hit anything that's been hit with a Narc beacon. Anti-radiation missiles are also the only things that always treat a Narc beacon as active no matter how many ECM bubbles are interfering with it.

Aw snap

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

vorebane posted:

A Syrian prison.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

vorebane posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2299

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW BATTLETECH LET'S PLAY!

DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Ah I heard of Caro, then, but didn't read any of the Caro saga. It's good that he gets a reference!

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
For those still catching up: the purple Mech with the mace is Ceasar Steiner, Bondsman Extraordinaire and the guy we failed to evacuate like half a decade ago.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Oh poo poo.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Voyager I posted:

For those still catching up: the purple Mech with the mace is Ceasar Steiner, Bondsman Extraordinaire and the guy we failed to evacuate like half a decade ago.

He also murdered the ever-living dogfuck out of a bunch of guys last time we saw him.

BECAUSE NOBODY'S FINER

THAN CAESAR STEINER

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Just don't get within reach of that mace.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

STEINER RULES

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I hope it's a different King Cobra for the sake of Goonlance. Last time Caesar took the field, Scintilla just tore motherfuckers apart and nobody even managed to scratch him.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Oh man, :getin:

PTN, it's quite remarkable how consistently amazing this thread has been, year after year. I don't know how to praise it more.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Just a little tip from the guy who played as Caesar Steiner last time: stay away from that mace. It will crush your hopes and dreams.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

That's the thing that ate all those Marauders right?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chronojam posted:

That's the thing that ate all those Marauders right?

Among other things, and did so without ever getting touched, yes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So that means he's used up all his luck the first time. Turn 1: Slips while running, scoring a critical to the head.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Synthbuttrange posted:

So that means he's used up all his luck the first time. Turn 1: Slips while running, scoring a critical to the head.

Nah dude, fresh pilot, fresh luck

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
He's gonna get headcapped.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

All the talk about our past adventures with Caesar made me think: Imagine if the Steel Vipers run in to the NRWR and we end up with a Steiner Rules fight between their mechs and some King Atlases. The most brutal melee 'mech combat since our trip to Suplex City.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
But under Steiner rules, would the King Atlas be allowed to fire its weapons into the air to keep its heat up so the TSM works?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Remmon posted:

But under Steiner rules, would the King Atlas be allowed to fire its weapons into the air to keep its heat up so the TSM works?

Get up to TSM temperature, selectively disable heat sinks.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Alternatively, fight inside enough blown up oil refineries to keep your TSM active.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Set each battle in a semi-active volcano caldera as a standardized part of the bidding process.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Just have a ring of 'Mechs armed with dual flamers surrounding the combatants and constantly bathing them in the purifying flames of honor. :black101:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

That Zeus does not seem to have a tonnage. Other than that my only complaint is the proximity of a 65tonner is interfering with the glorious heavyweight champions of the rest of the player mechs.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

evilmiera posted:

That Zeus does not seem to have a tonnage. Other than that my only complaint is the proximity of a 65tonner is interfering with the glorious heavyweight champions of the rest of the player mechs.

It's an ultralight Lyran scout 'mech.

Sair
May 11, 2007

They've perfected inflatable mech technology!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Well part of Steiner Rules is fighting in a forest fire. If the flamers just happen to warm up King Dadlas in the process who is to protest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
It's not him. These aren't exactly Steel Viper colors.

The King Cobra inherited the Battle Cobra's extended torso twist quirk. :getin:

• Locked thread