Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it depends what you open. you can also reroll if you dont like what you open. you will be able to do roach right off the bat if you want to spend the time rerolling for elves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Urthor posted:

Hello darkness my old friend, Hearthstone cancer comes back to me again.

Alright OTK roach is the long term, what's the thing I should be building literally as soon as I open my 35 packs or somesuch?

Do I just look at my silvers and figure out what kind of core I have the most cards for after disenchanting or is there some specific premade or somesuch I strip cards from.
Early ranks in Shadowverse are very soft and I made it to rank B with like an 85% winrate with only one Ancient Elf in with a tempo forestcraft-ish build pre-RoB (I had two Tias, but whatever)

Don't worry too much about it for now, the early ranks are actually easy in ranked unlike HS (there are a few weird full-netdeck people there somehow, but it's the exception)

Use the cards that interest you and check out some lists and see what you can make that works.

There's no reason to rush through the early ranks and netdeck an inexpensive linear aggro deck immediately, just check out what the game has to offer (from my recollection as a newbie it's easy and fun to see how Swordcraft units fit together)... You actually get more rewards for wins in low ranks so there's really nothing to look forward to, you'll end up ranking up by default because you gain +100 points for a win and like -30 for a loss

If you want to get all of the forest silvers and 1-of their good golds and legendaries you can check out their 500 crystal pre-con (you have to pay cash), it's an insane deal - there's one for each class and forest's is the best

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 9, 2017

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Awesome! posted:

it depends what you open. you can also reroll if you dont like what you open. you will be able to do roach right off the bat if you want to spend the time rerolling for elves

no rerolls, started on steam like a fool and only pulled 2 legendaries. Oh well I'll press on.

Alrighty I guess I'll just make Forestcraft goodstuff, use that to knock over my dailies, and save my arena tickets until I've played for a month n all.

User ID 541598251 same name if OP wants to list me

edit: yeah that 500 crystal idea sounds like it's a great move, I'll go with that.

Urthor fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 9, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Urthor posted:

Hello darkness my old friend, Hearthstone cancer comes back to me again.

Well, it's not precisely I'm in charge now levels of heartstone aggro but SV is, by design, very aggressive and pretty much all matches (except some control vs control ones) are over by round 8-9.

And roach is an extremely aggressive combo deck anyways. You pretty much poo poo 1-cost minions at the start to do a little bit of damage so that it is easier (meaning faster) to kill them with roaches. If the other player allows you to do good damage to them then roach usually kills at 6-7, on regular matches it kills at 7-8, and only against people who have really good defenses (or when you both brick) is that you reach turn 9.

Aggro blood, on the other hand, aims to kill at 6 and is usually totally out of steam by 7.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
If you're going to spend money I highly recommend that you might as reroll first. You can just relink your steam account as someone else has done in this thread

Nowdays it's alot easier to reroll because of an android emulator called Nox http://noxandroidemulator.com/

Use it to open multiple windows and set up a macro to do all the rerolling for you. In meanwhile you can play on your current account to gently caress around and spend your take two tickets to see how some of the classes play

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

trucutru posted:

Well, it's not precisely I'm in charge now levels of heartstone aggro but SV is, by design, very aggressive and pretty much all matches (except some control vs control ones) are over by round 8-9.

And roach is an extremely aggressive combo deck anyways. You pretty much poo poo 1-cost minions at the start to do a little bit of damage so that it is easier (meaning faster) to kill them with roaches. If the other player allows you to do good damage to them then roach usually kills at 6-7, on regular matches it kills at 7-8, and only against people who have really good defenses (or when you both brick) is that you reach turn 9.

Aggro blood, on the other hand, aims to kill at 6 and is usually totally out of steam by 7.
You can play it slower if you want, the deck's pretty flexible... there's nothing nearly as stupid as HS right now but yes, there are certainly games that you'll know are over on turn 4 (as opposed to matches literally ending on turn 4 in HS)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Sword aggro can win on turn 4 I think but it's definitely the exception. Turn 5 isn't terribly uncommon if you're struggling to interact.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

I'm pretty sure you can reroll even if you've started on Steam. You just have to go to leapdroid and then do the rerolling there. And then you link it to your steam account and blow away your current data (on steam).

Friend is having a really weird issue though. She's trying to link her steam account to an iOS device, and she already linked the device to Game Center. When she tries to link it to Facebook, it says "Account is already linked" and errors out. Anyone have this issue before?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

How do each of the pre-cons weigh against eachother in terms of cards obtained from them?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yukari posted:

How do each of the pre-cons weigh against eachother in terms of cards obtained from them?
Forest > all, two widely played legendaries and one of all the golds you'd care to play

Blood has two legends that see play in the second highest winrate deck in the class, lots of great golds

Sword, Shadow, Dragon have one legend each that sees play in the highest winrate decks of their class (Shadow, then dragon, then sword have the most playable golds in this tier), their second legendary cards arent unredeemable but dont see much play

Rune, Haven only have one legend each that sees play in the second best decks of their class, more or less equal in terms of golds, garbage second legendaries

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 9, 2017

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

After playing nothing but pretty much tempo I finally made a ptp forest deck and this is probably the most fun I've had in a long time. So many different options to weigh on every single turn

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

First arena in ages, another 5-0 because Sword is ridiculous nonsense. I mean I guess I played okay but I didn't do anything amazing. Sword is just busted.

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...5m4.62BLa.65-ls

To ensure karmic balance though, my arena pack, my pack for completing a quest, and my pack for having my fifth 5-0 were all trash.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 10, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, I hit AA0 so now I can finally have fun again!

Currently rocking a guardian sun Satan deck, also known as the deck with a single way to win out of 40 cards (besides concedes). But it's pretty fun to get a good hand and crush the hopes and dreams of both Daria and the roaches.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
The no animated 1 silver 7 bronze packs :negative:

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

The no animated 1 silver 7 bronze packs :negative:

I only open 10-packs at a time to avoid this.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Whoever claimed that "any" standard aggro netdeck would work up through B was out of their loving gourd. I'm D1 and am completely walled by the ocean of low-rating Daria decks that seem to come out in droves when I'm approaching the next game to clear rank.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Can't wait for the streetfighting mans coming in.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Emalde posted:

Whoever claimed that "any" standard aggro netdeck would work up through B was out of their loving gourd. I'm D1 and am completely walled by the ocean of low-rating Daria decks that seem to come out in droves when I'm approaching the next game to clear rank.

I don't know about "any" but I coasted aggro blood up through the Bs and I should be able to get into A this month (although admittedly I've been playing less than last month

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

trucutru posted:

Hey, I hit AA0 so now I can finally have fun again!

Currently rocking a guardian sun Satan deck, also known as the deck with a single way to win out of 40 cards (besides concedes). But it's pretty fun to get a good hand and crush the hopes and dreams of both Daria and the roaches.

Hey high five, just hit AA0 too :)

I've been trying a number of different things but Aggro Shadow has been the real MVP for me in the RoB meta. At one point in A3 I went on a 12 win streak which is kinda nuts! Satan Sun is very fun too... as long as you actually draw the Guardian Sun and/or Satan :cry: But yeah I'm going to take my time on this last climb and have fun when the mood strikes. I'm currently experimenting with Silver Bolt, and also the stupidest Castle in the Sky deck ever...(seriously even for a meme it's pretty terrible)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

New leaders announced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUvTXiqJxKc

The video is real

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Of all the collabs that would fit in. Fire Emblem, Fate, etc. They chose to go with Street Fighter.

It looks completely out of place. Ugh.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 12, 2017

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I remember playing Rage of Bahamut with goons a loooong time ago. This seems alright, though I'm not a fan of hearthstone at all. Guess I'll test my luck with a few rolls today and get a feel for the game.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Sophism posted:

Of all the collabs that would fit in. Fire Emblem, Fate, etc. They chose to go with Street Fighter.

There's some rad as gently caress artists for Street Fighter, yet they chose to basically use the ingame models for this

goddamn

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Karin no buy.

I would just start oho-ho-hoing once for each roach I drop into the field.

e: No, wait! Apparently Karin is there... as the havencraft leader? oHohohooo when I themis then.

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Hey high five, just hit AA0 too :)

High five!

Changed my deck to a cursed commander one. Nobody expects the cursed commander!

Sophism posted:

No, it *is* completely out of place. Next: Animal Crossing collab.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 12, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tortolia posted:

What the gently caress

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I pulled:

• Dark Dragoon Forte
  • Lord of the Flies
  • Alexander
  • Sahaquiel
  • Bloodhungry Matriarch
  • Imperial Dragoon

Good enough to stick with?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can do much better than that if you care to keep trying

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pawn 17 posted:

I pulled:

• Dark Dragoon Forte
  • Lord of the Flies
  • Alexander
  • Sahaquiel
  • Bloodhungry Matriarch
  • Imperial Dragoon

Good enough to stick with?

It's ok, but try a couple extra re-rolls. Forte is the only great one of the list. And the other good ones like lord of the flies are used in expensive decks.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 12, 2017

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
This is my third form of media that has Street Fighter V collaboration that's completely out of place.

Is Capcom so bad off now that they have to whore out street fighter to anime and anime card games now?

Yas
Apr 7, 2009

Lord Ephraim posted:

This is my third form of media that has Street Fighter V collaboration that's completely out of place.

Is Capcom so bad off now that they have to whore out street fighter to anime and anime card games now?

Yes.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Ephraim posted:

As if they had never whored street fighter to anything that moved. But the answer is yes, when Mortal Kombat sells at least four times as many copies as SF because the developers are not absolute out of touch morons, you realize that you screwed the pooch.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

What expensive cards do I absolutely require before I can play discard dragon? I just got 2 Imperial Dragoons over the weekend, one of which was animated.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mandatory golds are dracomancer's rites and dragonewt scholar (uriel and breath of the salamander are probably something you'll want as well)

I'd play forte for reach and probably bahamut as well but you can find lists without either most likely

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
New player starting my rerolling as soon as the servers come back up. From what I can tell runecraft is the best cheap deck so long as you're able to reroll into a Daria or two. But there seems to be a lot of talk of the deck getting nerfed, so is it wise to invest into the deck at this time? The other option, which was mentioned on the last page, is OTK roach. It's a bit more expensive, but it doesn't look like it'll be the immediate target of any nerfs. I'm not sure which to pursue. Should I be rerolling for Elves or Darias?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

Mandatory golds are dracomancer's rites and dragonewt scholar (uriel and breath of the salamander are probably something you'll want as well)

I'd play forte for reach and probably bahamut as well but you can find lists without either most likely

All the "successful" disco dragons are already inconsistent enough to add anything like Bahamut.

Wyvern cavalier is the other gold that I see often in that deck.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 13, 2017

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

CompeAnansi posted:

New player starting my rerolling as soon as the servers come back up. From what I can tell runecraft is the best cheap deck so long as you're able to reroll into a Daria or two. But there seems to be a lot of talk of the deck getting nerfed, so is it wise to invest into the deck at this time? The other option, which was mentioned on the last page, is OTK roach. It's a bit more expensive, but it doesn't look like it'll be the immediate target of any nerfs. I'm not sure which to pursue. Should I be rerolling for Elves or Darias?

https://forums.shadowverse.com/index.php?/topic/4917-daria-spellboost-and-powercreep-please-no-more/#comment-26431

Basically Daria is probably a safe bet for the moment, but if you don't intend to play the game too regularly over the next month, maybe go for a different class with your rerolls.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CompeAnansi posted:

They are not going to nerf Daria. The deck is a cash cow and they are actively advertising it. It is pretty obvious their approach to nerfs is "no nerfs unless we're pretty much forced to".

Reroll for Elves because that poo poo is at least fun to play.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

You could always go Dshift, the other Rune Cancer :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

tfw you run out of resources right when you're about to make your opponent kill themselves

I petrified two seraphs back to back, got a servant of darkness and then went for the concede victory to avoid themis. I dunno if it was just her being rude or just recognizing the glory of honourable combat, but she traded the bird to kill my ward and killed my veteran with the tiger. Left me with 1 hp. I'll take it.

Oh yeah I forgot. I had no reason to play anything so neither of us played any cards at all until an ancient lion on 5 followed by my scrap & remi. Got hit with the first themis and then again nothing until seraph at 8. Funniest game I've played in a while

bofa salesman fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 13, 2017

• Locked thread