Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
i wish i could find a show I like even half as much as koth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I don't know where it happens in the show, but the Bobby being a natural at Home Ec. sort of hit me with the "Peggy is an awful person"-moment.

I think if I remember correctly, she intentionally destroys her son's chances to be good, confident and potentially successful at something because she's jealous he's better at something than she is.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

JediTalentAgent posted:

I don't know where it happens in the show, but the Bobby being a natural at Home Ec. sort of hit me with the "Peggy is an awful person"-moment.

I think if I remember correctly, she intentionally destroys her son's chances to be good, confident and potentially successful at something because she's jealous he's better at something than she is.

she steals their thanksgiving turkey and takes it to her hairdresser(who she assumed was gay) because bobby became good at cleaning and cooking and she felt useless

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
The fact that Peggy inspires so much hatred is a testament to how great of a character she is

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Zesty Mordant posted:

The fact that Peggy inspires so much hatred is a testament to how great of a character she is

Peggy Hill is the Joffrey of KotH.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bogus Adventure posted:

Peggy Hill is the Joffrey of KotH.

People love to hate Joffrey though. The people who hate Pegg just legit can't stand her being on the show.

I never really got it cause there's tons of characters who are lovely in ways similar to Peggy that don't inspire similar bile. I feel like Dale and Bill have probably been worse people way more times

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Dale is likable despite being a prick. Peggy is just a shithead and also very annoying.

E: dale isnt a spiteful fucker either.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Bill is also at his core a good person, he's just kind of hosed in the head and has had a life of troubles

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtN5xmwmFoI

good episode

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

People love to hate Joffrey though. The people who hate Pegg just legit can't stand her being on the show.

I never really got it cause there's tons of characters who are lovely in ways similar to Peggy that don't inspire similar bile. I feel like Dale and Bill have probably been worse people way more times

Peggy deliberately fucks over her own family because of her insecurities. She is a garbage tier person.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Stage 1: I hate Peggy Hill
Stage 2: I love Peggy Hill
Stage 3: I love death

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Mike judge did too good a job imitating self important trash tier people.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The episode where Dale gets John Redcorn to sabotage the one decent romance that Bill had was pretty hosed up. That was a bridge too far and did a lot of damage to "Dale is at his core, decent"

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Dale and Bill weren't constantly telling us how amazing they considered themselves. If you're gonna have that high of an opinion of yourself, you better be able to back it up.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

underage at the vape shop posted:

Mike judge did too good a job imitating self important trash tier people.

exactly. TOO good a job. to the point it kind of ruined the show for me. that is my sob story pls feel sorry for me :cry:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Nah I don't see it. Dale and Bill have literally endangered people's lives. Cotton Hill is a nonstop hatred machine. Peggy, at worst, sabotaged a few people because of insecurities. And when it came to Lucky it was totally outside her character. Usually I've viewed her as a sympathetic character who can't rise above what she's supposed to be so she adopted a veneer of strength to preservare. She's flawed but not bad.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cotton Hill is a war hero

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Yeah but he straight up lies about a lot of his service

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Probably just fixed trucks in a supply depot in Idaho.

Missing shins come from a truck accident.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
maybe he really was at both Munich and Okinawa

how long does it take to kill fiddy men?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ein cooler Typ posted:

maybe he really was at both Munich and Okinawa

how long does it take to kill fiddy men?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyh&%23228;

Well looks like 505 in 100 days so shoulda been around 10?

Edit: it won't link to his name cause of the weird symbols but it's Simo Häyhä

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 11, 2017

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Aesop Poprock posted:

I dunno, I love to hate Peggy. I feel sorry for her sometimes, but she does such awful, cringe-worthy stuff that usually leads to hilarity.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i bet peggy hill smells bad

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Peggy Hill stopped using soap and shampoo and deodorant to prove her dedication to the organic garden

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Peggy Hill stopped using soap and shampoo and deodorant to prove her dedication to the organic garden

This isn't the Simpsons thread, stop posting poo poo that actually happened but sounds like it didn't

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

A misanthrope posted:

i bet peggy hill smells bad

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Raider posted:

I can't enjoy a party until I know where the bathroom is.

Some good rear end life advice in general.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

did anyone say propane yet

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I once followed a goon named Nick on Twitter who would do Hank Hill impressions. That's all I really have to say about that.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Dale and Bill are both kind of stupid dicks.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bobby: Dad, can you hammer a nail with a single blow?
Hank: This isn't a circus, Bobby.
Hank: ...
Hank: But I could.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Hey, uh, cartoon related, can someone tell me where all these Doug avatars are coming from?

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

YouTube is kinda scratching my itch, but are episodes of KotH on Hulu? I can get my fix of Futurama and Bob's Burgers on Netflix but KotH is just such a perfect blend of wacky hijinks and real life that neither of those two quite compare.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Hey, uh, cartoon related, can someone tell me where all these Doug avatars are coming from?

The stickied avatar thread, as well as a non stickied thread that is named something like "the thread with the Doug avatars"

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

IncredibleIgloo posted:

It turns out the 500 bad things are Doug avatars

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Totally kidding! I don't care at all about Doug but I love the avs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dogmeat posted:

YouTube is kinda scratching my itch, but are episodes of KotH on Hulu? I can get my fix of Futurama and Bob's Burgers on Netflix but KotH is just such a perfect blend of wacky hijinks and real life that neither of those two quite compare.

The stickied avatar thread, as well as a non stickied thread that is named something like "the thread with the Doug avatars"

Unfortunately KotH isn't on any streaming service for some reason.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Unfortunately KotH isn't on any streaming service for some reason.

That's some rancid dog poo poo right there

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
peggys stinky oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I never watched KotH until today. I didn't like it much.