Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm probably the only person really excited to play the Shoguki.

I just wanna be a fat man hitting people with a big club.

I really like the fat man too but I haven't found something like this for him yet.

E: or rather anything that looks indicative of the changes.

Hypha fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Feb 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Hypha posted:

So, like new Lawbringer looks sweet. I am now hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0avrEUx21bg

Oh hey, I think that unblockable swing is new. But really, the main issue with Lawbringer was that a great many of his moves required a significant setup but didn't lead into anything. For example, that one slow and obvious unblockable where he picks up the opponent and throws them over his back didn't actually guarantee to land any followup attack that couldn't just be blocked. Similarly, he had three moves that required a successful parry to pull off, but two of them were slow as hell and could be blocked. And the one that was guaranteed to hit was a regular old light attack that didn't even chain into anything. So here's hoping they did something about that.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Perestroika posted:

Oh hey, I think that unblockable swing is new. But really, the main issue with Lawbringer was that a great many of his moves required a significant setup but didn't lead into anything. For example, that one slow and obvious unblockable where he picks up the opponent and throws them over his back didn't actually guarantee to land any followup attack that couldn't just be blocked. Similarly, he had three moves that required a successful parry to pull off, but two of them were slow as hell and could be blocked. And the one that was guaranteed to hit was a regular old light attack that didn't even chain into anything. So here's hoping they did something about that.

Ya, he doesn't really showcase the full range of tools. Considering that the Raider has the stun tap to help with his set-ups, I expect that the Lawbringer will "probably" have something to help him. The side light attack for him looks "ok", about as fast as a Wardens and the top jab looks useful. What you are actually able to do to get in that decent damage wasn't shown in the video.

Still, looking at the unblockable throw, it looks like you would have just enough time to get an attack off. He was slow in getting that heavy attack in after the toss. The throw itself though is still really slow though.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Internet Kraken posted:

Its the class I am looking forward to the most by a long margin. Between this and last beta I just wanna loving play him already :argh:

To keep productive I did up another vid guide on the nobushi this time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZMfMrV3Bvk

As last one, if you already put time into the class not really gonna teach you anything you don't know(probably) but should be decent if you just learning/haven't really played the class yet.

*ed*

^^^^^
Lawbringer looks loving dope.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Feb 12, 2017

GodofGravity
Jun 20, 2005
Fun Shoe
Has anyone on PS4 been able to pre-load the retail version yet? I got an email from Amazon with my download code and a note saying it would be available for pre-load 2/11/17 after 9pm PST. But, when I put my code in, both on the PSN website and on my PS4, it tells me the code is not valid or has expired.

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about
After playing the beta for a few hours i'm still not sure if i'll get this game, had a few connection drop outs while playing.
I'm enjoying duel and elimination a lot more then domination probably because i don't have to worry about retaking the points when my other team mates ignore them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=181plYH0DsM That and the spawn points have made for some interesting fights

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want my valkyrie. My viking angel of death :3:

Shield + spear sounds like a dream combo to me

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Legion of One posted:

After playing the beta for a few hours i'm still not sure if i'll get this game, had a few connection drop outs while playing.
I'm enjoying duel and elimination a lot more then domination probably because i don't have to worry about retaking the points when my other team mates ignore them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=181plYH0DsM That and the spawn points have made for some interesting fights

Wow!

Good fight.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Any advice for taking on a well trained spear woman?

Besides blindsiding them like all things

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Alan Smithee posted:

as a well trained spear woman, good timing, uninterruptable attacks, and guard breaks.

if they're good with hidden stance you're proper hosed.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Alan Smithee posted:

Get in close, us nobushis rely on distance. If you are a fast attacker you can overwhelm their blocking as well because there's a very slight delay in guard stance changing for Nobushis. If the nobushi is backing off and dodging a lot, always try to direct them towards a wall or obstacle as their weapon easily gets stuck on walls and their dodging and backtracking way less effective if the area around them is cramped

A lot of their signature attacks also come from specific guard directions so if you know them you can anticipate them and block them. Like their charging poison attack for example

But yeah, primarily, get in close and put pressure on, block a few attacks and sneak some of your own in. Alternatively if you're not a pressure kind-of-guy, then you can counterattack Nobushis fairly well if you have a gap closer. Wait for them to overextend and then get in and land a few hits. A lot of Nobushins still cant use hidden stance so this is a viable tactic

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 12, 2017

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Zzulu posted:

Get in close, us nobushis rely on distance. If you are a fast attacker you can overwhelm their blocking as well because there's a very slight delay in guard stance changing for Nobushis. If the nobushi is backing off and dodging a lot, always try to direct them towards a wall or obstacle as their weapon easily gets stuck on walls and their dodging and backtracking way less effective if the area around them is cramped

This. Nobushis biggest weakness is Peacekeeper and Orochi. They can light attack you faster than your can change your guard and if they're also good at parrying or guard break counters there's pretty much nothing you can do. Orochis zone attack is also an absolute fucker because it looks like its coming from the top but it comes from the right faster than a light attack and does half a bar of damage.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah I've been picking orochi for my new movement and attack combo as well as getting from point to point

I'll engage if it's a one on one but mostly I've been resorting to running around like a headless chicken and hitting people like a bitch. Works though.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The nobushi is infuriating

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I nearly got the Overwatch logo.

Not so close with Tracer.

If only the crests could have a couple more layers.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Friendly reminder that you can play with fellow goons and have a very Fun and Good time instead of being a nerd and playing by yourself.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Friendly reminder that you can play with fellow goons and have a very Fun and Good time instead of being a nerd and playing by yourself.

Is there a group

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

Is there a group

Well for whatever reason goons like to make roughly 5 discords for every game for reasons unknown, so I don't have any info on those. But if you hop in the mumble there have been 2-3 of us playing each day of the beta.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
If ubisoft support this and listens to the community as much as they do for the division then I'm not too worried about the longevity of this game.

I love the core game play and esthetic, I'm having a lot of fun and I'm hopeful for the future of this game.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The menu, matchmaking and loading between matches and rounds is a bit frustrating to me.

Why do they hide the chat while in that black screen between rounds? you can still type to eachother, it's just hidden and it's pretty much the only time you have time to type.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah the UI is weak as gently caress and there needs to be a lot of quality of life improvements to it imo. The game also needs more maps and content soon, which is coming apparently in 3 months...which is good

Also needs a lot of bugfixes if this open beta is an indication of what launch will be

But the gameplay is so drat solid and the game looks so good. Best animations I've seen in an MP game for ages and when this game clicks it CLICKS

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Just hit prestige rank 1 on my zerker and got my first 2 blue (rare) gear items. Feels good man.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Are there more than 3 different looking items per armour slot? Weapons seem to get 5 or 6.

I want a chestpiece for my conq that doesn't block the emblem, but all three I've found so far have chest straps.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I know feats aren't used for 1v1 or 2v2, but what about items?

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Psycho Society posted:

There not either but you can make your guy look cool.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Psycho Society posted:

Gear will only provide its cosmetic effect in that case.

Is anyone restarting their game on the first launch because they can't access game modes on the tactical map?

Also, besides squares is anyone getting their one of their orders in Russian?

Khagan fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 12, 2017

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
It seems like a good portion of the time blocking an attack from orochi or berserker doesn't do much if they have just dodged. Can they jump around blocks?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Khagan posted:

Is anyone restarting their game on the first launch because they can't access game modes on the tactical map?

Yeah, that happens a lot to me too.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Also is there a way to zoom the camera in/out, sometimes it zooms way out and it's a lot harder to get a read on the opponent

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Psycho Society posted:

It seems like a good portion of the time blocking an attack from orochi or berserker doesn't do much if they have just dodged. Can they jump around blocks?

Nope. You're just being slower than you think or something else is going wrong.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Does anyone have any tricks for the NAT issues some people have? I've tried everything on the forums and nothing seems to work. Basically when I first go in to matchmaking my NAT is red. It spins on matchmaking for 20-40 minutes then I get a match. After that it's yellow and I get matches immediately. If I close out and restart it's back to red. The game's a blast but I'm not sitting around for a half hour before I can play. I really, really hope this gets sorted for the release because I would definitely buy the game.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

hey welcome to the show! posted:

If ubisoft support this and listens to the community as much as they do for the division then I'm not too worried about the longevity of this game.

Massive developed The Division and they really didn't listen too much to the majority of players.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
drat people are terrible at fighting in dominion. I wreck people easily in that mode.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Donnerberg posted:

Are there more than 3 different looking items per armour slot? Weapons seem to get 5 or 6.

I want a chestpiece for my conq that doesn't block the emblem, but all three I've found so far have chest straps.

There's one like that for conqs, i just got it

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

Every time you reach a new level of reputation (i.e. every 20 levels) with a character, you unlock a new set of items with new visuals for them.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I saw a knight today with some sort of gold/bronze armor that I had never seen before. There's some pretty cool stuff at upper tiers

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Internet Kraken posted:

Dude I wanna play Shugoki so bad. SUMO MAN!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zzulu posted:

Yeah I saw a knight today with some sort of gold/bronze armor that I had never seen before. There's some pretty cool stuff at upper tiers

Yeah, most classes you get a new material like brown or red leather, but knights get different armor metals. Gold requires you to be absurdly high level, but you unlock Bronze at level 20 which looks extremely similar to Gold.

I'm gonna be rocking the Bronze most of the game. (There's also Silver and Black!)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Also there are people already double prestiging and poo poo, where do they get the tiiiime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I'm gonna try a 4v4 game let's see if I get kicked