Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just stop lying to yourself now and accept that you're gonna keep building that backlog. You know you're gonna keep buying more games this year, we know you're gonna keep buying new games this year.

Nope. I'm gonna have willpower (and not buy any more RPGs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kin posted:

I know the feeling. I've managed to get through a bunch of games on the PS4 since i got it before Xmas but have the following yet to play/finish (thanks sale):

I've beat Bloodborne twice (just NG and a bunch of chalices on two characters) and Uncharted 1 and 2. I'm right now beating Doom (beat it twice on PC already), Dark Souls 2 SOTFS, God of War 3 remaster, Destiny and playing some matches of PES 2017. I stopped playing on my PC completely. I'm looking forward to play this year Nioh, The Last of Us remastered (when it gets a heavy discount), Dirt Rally and The Witcher 3 GOTY when I clear my backlog a bit.

I'm waiting for that new God of War, Nier Automata and maybe Mass Effect Andromeda but for that I need to finish ME2 and 3 on PC so it's pretty low on the list. 2017 is gonna kill me...

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Lmao if you actually have a manageable backlog, just lmao

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It is still manageable on PS4. I gave up on PC because of the thousand of steam games and hundreds of GOG ones. I have enough games to play for a decade at least :shepface:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I just think of my ridiculous backlogs as insurance against boredom for when the Trump economy implodes and no one can afford games anymore.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

My backlog exists but it's entirely made up of things I haven't already purchased.

I dunno if that's better or worse

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

There's quite few multi-platform games on PC and so far my PS4 backlog is manageable.

Waiting for sales:
Gravity Rush 1&2
The Last Guardian
Inside
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X

Cleared:
FFXV

Eventually:
Journey
Rogue Galaxy

SOON:
Nier:Automata
P5

Maybe???
HZ:D

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm jealous of anyone who's able to pull themselves away from the current online timesink to play through games that actually have an ending.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Ularg posted:

I'm jealous of anyone who's able to pull themselves away from the current online timesink to play through games that actually have an ending.

I'm on hiatus from FFXIV and I don't play any multiplayer games which helps :v:

However I'm easily distracted w/PC so I don't make much progress unless I REALLY like the game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kin posted:

KillZone
The Order
Beyond Two Souls

You can save yourself some time by not playing these.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ularg posted:

I think after my last week or so of intense Destiny playtime, I'm finally done until Destiny 2. I'm terrible at PvP so very few other online games have any appeal for me. But I can see how it sucks other people in. I put a lot of hours in to COD4 when I had young person reflexes, lived alone, and had very few adult obligations.

*sheds single nostalgia tear*

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

DrNutt posted:

I think after my last week or so of intense Destiny playtime, I'm finally done until Destiny 2. I'm terrible at PvP so very few other online games have any appeal for me. But I can see how it sucks other people in. I put a lot of hours in to COD4 when I had young person reflexes, lived alone, and had very few adult obligations.

*sheds single nostalgia tear*

I feel so weird being out of Destiny right now. It's like when I stopped playing WoW years back. It was my entire gaming hobby. So now I got Let It Die as a fun aside, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, I want to get back into Rainbow Six Siege, I've been getting into Doom 1/2 modding scene, tons of backlog single player games that I've never finished and a bigger log of games I've never played but always wanted to like Earth Defense Force or Homeworld.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Ramagamma posted:

So Amazon.co.uk are doing a special double deal where you can pickup The Last Guardian and the Blu Ray of The Never Ending Story for £32

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSWWN8T?th=1

What the christ
It probably only works for people old enough to remember Falkor. It's a niche offer, and a pretty funny one at that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ularg posted:

I feel so weird being out of Destiny right now. It's like when I stopped playing WoW years back. It was my entire gaming hobby. So now I got Let It Die as a fun aside, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, I want to get back into Rainbow Six Siege, I've been getting into Doom 1/2 modding scene, tons of backlog single player games that I've never finished and a bigger log of games I've never played but always wanted to like Earth Defense Force or Homeworld.

You'll be back this Fall for Destiny 2, fam. It'll be fine.

I kind of want to buy a PS4 Pro after seeing Boost Mode and how well PSVR and Nioh work on it, but then Destiny 2 got announced and I'm like hey maybe if I wait there'll be a white Destiny 2 Pro bundle?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

My backlog exists but it's entirely made up of things I haven't already purchased.

I dunno if that's better or worse

Yeah I do this too now that I got a little baby girl. I know I'm gonna play these games eventually, but if I wait a while I can get them all for half price at least.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I buy a lot of stuff on sale that gets back logged and is eventually free on PS+ so I basically just flushed that money down the toilet.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Policenaut posted:

You'll be back this Fall for Destiny 2, fam. It'll be fine.

I kind of want to buy a PS4 Pro after seeing Boost Mode and how well PSVR and Nioh work on it, but then Destiny 2 got announced and I'm like hey maybe if I wait there'll be a white Destiny 2 Pro bundle?
I got my PS4 as a Destiny offer, there's no way they won't be bundling the poo poo out of Destiny 2.

PS4 probably won't be able to convince people it's a PS4 exclusive this time around, though, but all the more reason to pull out all the stops.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DrNutt posted:

I just think of my ridiculous backlogs as insurance against boredom for when the Trump economy implodes and no one can afford games anymore.

This but for when I'm replaced by a robot in the near future

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'd totally trade in my PS4 for a Destiny-Branded PS4 Pro, even though I don't have a 4k TV yet.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Protip for managing your backlog, stop buying games you are never going to play even if they go on sale for $3 dollars or whatever.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
So I have roughly six months to go through my PS4 backlog and then still have my PS3 If I really get ambitious with games before Destiny 2 takes over everything.

However I will do nothing but play binding of Isaac because I have a problem.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

katkillad2 posted:

Protip for managing your backlog, stop buying games you are never going to play even if they go on sale for $3 dollars or whatever.

hahaha

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

katkillad2 posted:

Now go back in time ten years and tell me that. Do it.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

katkillad2 posted:

Look at this idiot

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

katkillad2 posted:

What is self control?

It's funny how many games I have convinced myself I needed to buy cause of a screaming deal have just gone on to be even cheaper later on on free on PS+ and I never even launched them.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

katkillad2 posted:

No way. The amount of packs I've bought in Steam where I'm only interested in one game out of 10 but was cheaper that way...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

katkillad2 posted:

lol

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

katkillad2 posted:

I did this and now I only buy all the games I never play at full price! Thanks!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

I've been playing Souls for as long as it's been around and I don't think Nioh is easy. The bosses consistently give me more trouble than Souls but the levels aren't too bad.
I'm having a similar experience. I think I'm underleveled because I'll fully clear a level and open shortcuts in one go and then die to the boss ten times. So I'm only collecting one area worth of Amrita total at a time.

edit: This is typical of souls-likes of course, acting as a performance-based difficulty slider. The only problem is that the bosses are getting harder quickly and I'm 20% under the mission levels.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 12, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

If you have a 'backlog' that includes Bloodborne you should just go play Bloodborne, regardless of whether you like Souls games or not.

veni veni veni posted:

I buy a lot of stuff on sale that gets back logged and is eventually free on PS+ so I basically just flushed that money down the toilet.

yeah you did

katkillad2 posted:

goons will be goons. "Help me spend this $100 the right way so I can get 15 imaginary credit dollars three months from now" loving :laffo:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
poo poo, I forgot I left PS+ annual renewal on on my US account and it went through last night. I guess I haven't used it in a year straight and forgot. Is there any way they'd consider reversing it?

Also is there any way to stop the auto-renewal through the web browser's interface or does it have to be from the PS4 itself? That account isn't even set up on the PS4 anymore.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

gently caress. Is the for honor beta over? 22 go download what a waste.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9jiC13GbnQ

How long until my PS4 dies? It was roaring like a jet engine when it was doing this and I smelled burnt plastic.

I marathoned Yakuza 0 yesterday with no issues until the end of the game, where it started to chug in one of the final battles against MANY thugs.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

veni veni veni posted:

gently caress. Is the for honor beta over? 22 go download what a waste.

You didn't miss much.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Night Blade posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9jiC13GbnQ

How long until my PS4 dies? It was roaring like a jet engine when it was doing this and I smelled burnt plastic.

I marathoned Yakuza 0 yesterday with no issues until the end of the game, where it started to chug in one of the final battles against MANY thugs.

It'd probably be fine if you open it up and clean the dust out of the fan and heat sink, pretty easy procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RceNsKmh6YQ

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Bombadilillo posted:

You didn't miss much.

Conversely, you missed a lot as its a great game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Canadian posted:

NiOh it isnt

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Evil Canadian posted:

A component and potentially deep 1v1 combat system shoved in a moba shell. Its not a good game.

2v2 was whoever wins their paired off duel first.
Moba is a moba. Maybe you like moba's?

1v1 not gonna sustain any repeatability. It felt tacked on. Like its where you learn how to play without worrying about getting stabbed in the back. So you can play the fun modes where you can be doing well with your verbset built around 1 on 1 battles...then get stabbed in the back.

I've never seen the mechanics of a game so at odds with the gameplay you are supposed to engage in with those mechanics.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Bombadilillo posted:

A component and potentially deep 1v1 combat system shoved in a moba shell. Its not a good game.

Its a fantastic 1v1 game with a 4v4 mode for casuals. Its a great game.