Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Funny that everyone forgot about the Spectrum already. CIG can't even get Discord right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

http://disq.us/p/1g2nsmw

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
star citizen: how persistent is my poop in the 'universe

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
I gotta ask. I googled but it didnt help.

What the gently caress is Subsumption in regards to Star Citizen? Wikipedia just basically says its typed inheritance. Why say subsumption?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Baxta posted:

What the gently caress is Subsumption in regards to Star Citizen? Wikipedia just basically says its typed inheritance. Why say subsumption?

Have you watched Westworld? Chris did.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

MeLKoR posted:

Have you watched Westworld? Chris did.

Star Citizen: Doesn't look like anything to me.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Irony, thy name is fuckwit.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Baxta posted:

Idiots are fooled by big words that sound technical. This helps establish authority, and thus helps scam idiots.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Baxta posted:

Tony Zurovec, Director of Persistent Universe posted:

Well well you can uh, that's something I referred to before which is uh uhh we're very, we've, we're very much focused and we always have been with regards to the direction we're going with the concept of this, you know, object oriented content creation which is to basically distill y'know uhh all of y'know the different pieces uhh of functionality that we're gonna use to build up these larger missions to break them down into these component parts and then just like do, y'know, in an object-oriented language like C++ to basically allow us to y'know pass inputs in, to y'know extract y'know outputs out um so that we can customize them dynamically in these y'know in--in, th, in the scope of y'know a much larger problem and so what this is going to wind up allowing us to do is after we've got that initial library of y'know functionality, designers are going to be able to craft this stuff much, much more quickly than they've been able to do, y'know, cer-- uh, in, in, in the past, umm, and what this effectively means to the player is uhh a much larger amount of interesting things to see and experience and challenges to face, y'know, and solve within the game world.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Baxta posted:

Think what they billed Oblivions AI as but stupider somehow.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
any1 here murdered a star citizen player yet? well .. please try to find the time to call or visit your parents, at any rate.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

any1 here murdered a star citizen player yet? well .. please try to find the time to call or visit your parents, at any rate.

I decided to call or see my parents everytime you mention this. Now because of you I haven't spoken to them in a month. Welcome back.

Also they aren't players they are testers. They get salty about the p word.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

I.N.R.I posted:

What happens if my parents are SC backers? Should I kill them or call them? Please advise.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

My parents are Jewish, do you still want me to call them?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Baxta posted:

Star Citizen: Doesn't look like anything to me.

This is really good if you've watched season one of Westworld.

I hope season 2 is decent and they don't gently caress it up.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Hopkins really elevated it.

I hope it'll do alright, but without him I think it might founder a little bit.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope Chris keeps the NPC's Bulk Apperception stats set to under 14 :ohdear:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Maybe the only reason there's so much focus on toilets in "Star Citizen: a Space sim about walking about" is because Chris "I can't tell the truth even if my life depended on it" Roberts is desperately trying to create something that's even more full of poo poo than he is.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsvP5_n0G-I

:gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
STALKER BED THROWN IN SPACE
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 I get in the Stalker from the back, I climb on the upper deck
2 I open the pilot door, then I turn left and face the bed
3 I press F on bed
4 I get thrown in space so far that it is not the PU anymore
5 In the end, I try to Right Alt + Backspace to suicide but the function does not work

ACTUAL RESULT
I attempt to get in bed and get thrown really far in space in an indefinite momentum and certainly not in crusader anymore

EXPECTED RESULT
I should get in bed to sleep

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Plural Abysss posted:

Goddamn NOFX got old

still the best tho

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Its because Steam doesn't let you. Most speeds over 25 are pointless for downloading off the net.

Umm, what? I download off steam at 220Mbps fine.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Same, I get 300Mbps when I download stuff.

Try changing your download region in the settings if you get bad speeds.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Oops I just noticed who posted that lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
What is true, however, is that human eye doesn't see more than 12 fps. That's why japanimation and star citizen run at that frame rate.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Truga posted:

What is true, however, is that human eye doesn't see more than 12 fps. That's why japanimation and star citizen run at that frame rate.

truth. also 12 fps is for both eyes, with a VR setup you get away with 6fps per eye

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Strangely, Mega Man 2.5D turned out to be an actual game, available for free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnVrDHHPnPM

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

truth. also 12 fps is for both eyes, with a VR setup you get away with 6fps per eye
This is extremely realistic for space flight. NASA works hard with astronauts to find only the toughest individuals. Nausea, vomiting, and headaches are all par for the course with space flight.

e:

My speeds doubled sometime in the last few months. Glory days are here! I want to be a cool kid with a speed post too!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT
Remove the flash of green when entering ships.
Should be able to turn head with full range of motion.
To be able to resit in the pilot seat and continue flying with no issues.
update should download
On regional server with better ping the netcode should run better like arena commander match.
The launcher should download the latest patcher.
The ballistic rifle should be working properly.
ship stands still and doesn't move.
that i can access my ship
I expect to have all the sound so I can play the game properly.
You can exit the ship and eva on the asteroid
That the game not interfere with the settings of my monitor directly, or force it out of the aspect ratio setting it is using.
I should be able to go back to the main menu screen after hitting exit from Arena Commander.
the opposite
Flair should probably stay attached to the floor!
Just enter the ship
get killed and stop taking damage once im dead, respawning with full health.
Walk up to cockpit and notice "Enter Pilot Seat" and press "F" key... done
Audio should be normalized/compressed such that the loudest dB peaks never have the potential to cause injury.
There shouldnt be a vertical White line from top to bottom center of the screen.
full cocpit
They should rotate around their centre of mass.
It should be a normal floor just like the rest of Covalex
Suicide and respawn. Useful if you're bugged while in a bed!
To see Clean walls like they should be, withaout something glitching in and out.
Gun should fire.
The EMP should only temporarily disable systems. You shouldn't have to get out and get back in the pilot seat to renable them.
1 *the window and wall should have blocked me from getting into the customs room 2* the 2 glass dors should have blocked me from running out to the freelancer
You must to rest in your turret, because you are attached. lol
Joystick to not crash the game and work properly
1st Place and Won the game = Victory not a Defeat...
This has been a known problem for awhile (general proximity menu issues). Nothing new, but I wanted to reiterate that the problem is still there.
Moving normally.
For the med pen to heal.
To b able to communicate with the local chat while in the gunner seat.
To get into the Caterillar without dying for no reason on the elevator or even automatically made to lay flat. Should be able to get in and get in standing up.
Confirm button and back button are visible and clickable
Door should prevent falling through
Torpedo should hit target in sync with explosion on screen. Game should not freeze
Completly closed doors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTlFSWGx8po

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

his nibs posted:

I couldn't get 'oh chris' to work :(

Really? That's very odd, unless your player doesn't like VBR 48hz mp3s?

MeLKoR posted:

You goons won't be laughing once they persistently diffuse the subsumption.

Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Album cover of the year.
What would the title be?

This page's secret cax code is:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

ewe2 posted:

Really? That's very odd, unless your player doesn't like VBR 48hz mp3s?

Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!

Dunno, it's weird. The other track is fine. But this one doesn't play online and if I download and try and play it doesn't want to know (on Windows M Player & VLC player)

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
<<paging pgabz>>

Star Citizen YouTube content creators are getting their videos stolen. Try and support the real owners and report the offending accounts!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5tlhpo/psa_star_citizen_youtube_content_creators_are/

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SelenicMartian posted:

Album cover of the year.
What would the title be?

Gary Parpman and the Revolution

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

his nibs posted:

Dunno, it's weird. The other track is fine. But this one doesn't play online and if I download and try and play it doesn't want to know (on Windows M Player & VLC player)

Not surprising, its a zero-length file? How that happened is a mystery, and a bit worrying. If that happens again, let me know!

Here's a replacement upload, sorry to all!

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 12, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

Album cover of the year.
What would the title be?

This page's secret cax code is:

It's the eponymous debut album of The Deep Space Acoustic Hydrophone Experiment! obviously.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ewe2 posted:

Did remixes of a couple of songs, really happy with them now:

Better with a few changes around.

Now with extra scream and stuff!

Glad I checked the thread just in time for this. Very well done!

Here's the correct link to Oh Chris, by the way.
http://tindeck.com/listen/cffuj

Henry Scorpio
Mar 20, 2006

Maybe it just collapsed on its own?

Baxta posted:

wikipedia posted:

Subsumption architecture is a control architecture that was proposed in opposition to traditional AI, or GOFAI. Instead of guiding behavior by symbolic mental representations of the world, subsumption architecture couples sensory information to action selection in an intimate and bottom-up fashion.

It does this by decomposing the complete behavior into sub-behaviors. These sub-behaviors are organized into a hierarchy of layers. Each layer implements a particular level of behavioral competence, and higher levels are able to subsume lower levels in order to create viable behavior. For example, a robot's lowest layer could be "avoid an object". The second layer would be "wander around", which runs beneath the third layer "explore the world". Because a robot must have the ability to "avoid objects" in order to "wander around" effectively, the subsumption architecture creates a system in which the higher layers utilize the lower-level competencies. The layers, which all receive sensor-information, work in parallel and generate outputs. These outputs can be commands to actuators, or signals that suppress or inhibit other layers.

So.... Tiered state machines like so:

Explore universe [level 1]
Invade autism chariot [level 2]
Use toilet [level 3]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'll work with various Engineers on this, cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoy4_h7Pb3M