Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Forgall posted:

9 months later

If I was an edgy early 2000s webcomic character I would bring this to a lady's baby shower before dropping it on the floor and slapping someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Forgall posted:

9 months later

"Isn't She Lovely" plays softly in the background, a single tear rolls down from my paternal love filled eyes.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I forgot to set a timer on a chicken roasting in the oven the other day and then kind of forgot when I put it in and it came out dry and tough :( Deliciously seasoned but unpleasant in texture. Most of it's still in the fridge, it'll probably get turned into soup before the end of the weekend.

Though last night I used a bunch of breast meat, some neufchatel cheese, a couple slices of fried and diced bacon and stuffed some big poblano peppers for dinner. My wife practically licked the bowl clean when she was done. So that was a success.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Forgall posted:

9 months later

Despair, now in beef form

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

PCOS Bill posted:

I forgot to set a timer on a chicken roasting in the oven the other day and then kind of forgot when I put it in and it came out dry and tough :( Deliciously seasoned but unpleasant in texture. Most of it's still in the fridge, it'll probably get turned into soup before the end of the weekend.

Though last night I used a bunch of breast meat, some neufchatel cheese, a couple slices of fried and diced bacon and stuffed some big poblano peppers for dinner. My wife practically licked the bowl clean when she was done. So that was a success.

... And here I was thinking you couldn't do anything other than shitpost. Good job, Bill. Keep it up! :waycool:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Forgall posted:

9 months later

It's Drakenguard's ending all over again

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Kilroy was here.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill posted:

Oh HO look at Mr "I'm ok with steak being well done but chicken NO WAY" meat elitist over here

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

Oh HO look at Mr "I'm ok with steak being well done but chicken NO WAY" meat elitist over here

Well done is not burned.

Cooked until dry and tough is not well done.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill posted:

Well done is not burned.

Cooked until dry and tough is not well done.

It's ok buddy I love you I'm just horsing around with you. You're like a combo of Tiggum and Jastiger and Poptart_fairy and FAROOQ all rolled into one and it's convenient for interactions where everyone shits on you

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Bubblyblubber posted:

It was just a silly internet joke baby, I'm not really mad. Please come back, I've prepared a romantic dinner for us!

Oh shut up! You had me at hello. :glomp:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Samizdata posted:

Forget chicken BREASTS, I do it with whole chickens. No oil rub. I just do the baking in a cast iron skillet. Anything in contact gets lovely and crispy. Almost like a fried chicken finish. Of course it also helps I lose track of time easily and often don't take it out QUITE when I should, so the skin has a little extra crisping time. Still comes out juicy.

ooooo I have a whole chicken to roast and I was going to use our roasting pan but the cast iron sounds better :swoon:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

I heart bacon posted:

Oh shut up! You had me at hjello. :glomp:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Forgall posted:

9 months later

The bacon diaper is killing me

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

The aspic makes it look like a single frame of a video of explosive diarrhea blasting out of an rear end.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

sweeperbravo posted:

The aspic makes it look like a single frame of a video of explosive diarrhea blasting out of an rear end.

I did a google image search for "aspic burgers" but only got this aspic hotdog.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Minor compared to some of the atrocities in this thread, but today Twitter promoted to me these soup puddles in Costco rolls and I was pretty upset.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Someone's going to extract DNA from this and we'll have hotdogs running wild in the modern day

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Someone's going to extract DNA from this and we'll have hotdogs running wild in the modern day

And with this thread's track record, this music will be playing on repeat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkNLAUwSFGw

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Killingyouguy! posted:

Minor compared to some of the atrocities in this thread, but today Twitter promoted to me these soup puddles in Costco rolls and I was pretty upset.

Honestly those look pretty good to me

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

#WifeFindsAWay

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

"Sometimes, a wild hot dog gets stuck in gelatin, and we mine the aspic deposits containing trapped Frankfurters. We extract the filler, inject it into an unfertilized puff pastry and BINGO! Hot Dog DNA!"

Panfilo has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Feb 12, 2017

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly those look pretty good to me

Yeah doesn't look too bad, I think corn bread bowls would have been way better though, just make them in a cupcake pan and dig a little hole after they are done and home made chili obviously.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Aside from the cinematography, my main issue with those were how incredibly thin the chili was, I know chili rules are contentious on SA but I'm pretty sure chili should not dribble like that.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Killingyouguy! posted:

Aside from the cinematography, my main issue with those were how incredibly thin the chili was, I know chili rules are contentious on SA but I'm pretty sure chili should not dribble like that.

I do agree that chili is pretty thin I'd probably use Hormel or another brand instead

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

It took me while to realize this wasn't a hotdog dropped in a bowl of soup

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Chili needs beans, rule #1

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bubblyblubber posted:

And with this thread's track record, this music will be playing on repeat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkNLAUwSFGw

I haven't laughed at a YouTube video this hard since seeing the robot ketchup failure. gently caress.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

I haven't laughed at a YouTube video this hard since seeing the robot ketchup failure. gently caress.

I am laughing just thinking about it as I respond.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Zipperelli. posted:

That dumb dino statue is a new take on that song, love it

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I love all of you making the Jurassic Park jokes, and I'm actually in love with that harmonica video. I am crying right now. Thank you.

As tribute, I offer these Caramel Doughnut Cones With Salted Caramel Syringes.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Would so hard id die.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

JohnnyCanuck posted:

This is not appropriate content for the AFP thread.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Now serve it to somebody as a cupcake.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I love all of you making the Jurassic Park jokes, and I'm actually in love with that harmonica video. I am crying right now. Thank you.

Would lick and munch while my eyes rolled back from the ecstasy of mainlining that sweet sweet caramel...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Would so hard if it wasn't for the disgusting salted caramel. And I say that as a french person with two thirds of his family living in Bretagne from where this insanity allegedly spawned. Salted butter itself is a godsend though.