Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well, DM basically pulled the same thing with throwing in that Egypt flashback in the Battle City semifinals. I just expect that sort of pacing from this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

DM didnt drop hints as often as arc v iirc. And didnt get as close before stopping the reveal dead in its tracks.

All the flashback did tho was confirm all the stuff we were told: Pharoah is from ancient egypt, he played duel monsters there too, and something happened involving the millenium items that trapped him in the puzzle.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
All 92 did was drop the same hint that 32(? yuto's death one) did. After 92 episodes the japanese fanbase got fed up. The BC stuff was also building up to the arc that follows immediately (in the manga, read the manga) while the Zarc stuff had the climax of the Synchro arc, the entirety of XYZ and a good 20 episodes in Fusion before hitotsu ni was relevant again, and it was only relevant for Zarc's revival which lasted a 5 part duel and 3 eps of buildup.

It's like if the Memory World arc of DM lasted 12 episodes, we spent six of them watching Bakura and Atem playing their tabletop without actually entering a memory world, and then the big shocking reveal was Atem being Egyptian instead of that being the base for the final story.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

DM didnt drop hints as often as arc v iirc. And didnt get as close before stopping the reveal dead in its tracks.

All the flashback did tho was confirm all the stuff we were told: Pharoah is from ancient egypt, he played duel monsters there too, and something happened involving the millenium items that trapped him in the puzzle.

Also, the Battle City flashback wasn't nearly as disjointed as the Arc-V "foreshadowing" since the Egypt Arc happened right after Battle City, more or less. Remember, The Virtual World Arc, Doma Arc, and KC Grand Prix Arc were all filler.

Edit: Guess I should read the other posts, first. :doh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

YO WE FINALLY GOT NEWS ON THE NEW ANIME

YU-GI-OH VRAINS, COMING SOON!

More infomation on the Organization, as always: https://ygorganization.com/sohowisthisnotstandingout/

Vandar fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 16, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

WE! ARE! WE ARE VR!

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Yugioh Ving Rhames?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Really curious about the designs. There's a lot of DM stuff there: the ace looks like a modernized Buster Blader-family monster, Yusaku's disk has the millennium symbol sorta, the black monster thing's head is shaped like Dark Magician's hat and the logo feels like a Takahashi sorta thing for a random made-up western thing like Zombyre. Then Yusaku's forme itself is similar to the ZeXal mode, like I could see this being what ZeXal II looks like if you take away the bulky armor and give it a haircut. Looking a bit to deep into it, but visually it looks like an even deeper collaboration between Kuwabara and Takahashi than Darkside of Dimensions.

I really like that VRAINS logo, it looks like it would be on the cover of a ZOMBYRA comic in the corner, hyping up the back-up story where they finally meet.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 16, 2017

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
:zombie: :Vraiiiins

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

VRAINS

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Let it Vrain!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Here I stand beneath the warm and soothing vrain

The droplets falling gently down on the terrain

Wash away the sorrow all the stains of time

But there’s no memory it’s only dry inside

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

All VRAINS no VRAWN

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Is this going to be like ARC-V where the new mechanic gets unveiled in mars/april?

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I hope it's an entire series taking place in a VR game

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

free basket of chips posted:

I hope it's an entire series taking place in a VR game

Loving this new Digimon crossover

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rank 10 vrains when

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

MiddleOne posted:

Loving this new Digimon crossover

Which monster will be Leomon and die every arc?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

MiddleOne posted:

Is this going to be like ARC-V where the new mechanic gets unveiled in mars/april?

The duels will in fact take place on Mars.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Already topping the Moon duel from ZeXal I see.

As for this week and last week's Arc-V episodes, it really feels like they should have condensed them down to one episode. It feels like they're just stalling and things will end on a whimper.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

PowerBeard posted:

Already topping the Moon duel from ZeXal I see.

As for this week and last week's Arc-V episodes, it really feels like they should have condensed them down to one episode. It feels like they're just stalling and things will end on a whimper.

With every coming week, my fears of the show actually ending with a Yuya vs Crow finale grow.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Pyrotoad posted:

Which monster will be Leomon and die every arc?

hmm if the ace monster is indeed a buster blader type then maybe a redeyes that dies every fight to power him up

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

MiddleOne posted:

It's been leaked!!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729737&pagenumber=91#post469497782

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Okay, that will be cool to see play out.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I don't play or follow this game much at all anymore but

:siren: YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE DEDICATED MONSTER ZONE FOR EXTRA DECK poo poo NOW:siren:

https://ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

TheKingofSprings posted:

I don't play or follow this game much at all anymore but

:siren: YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE DEDICATED MONSTER ZONE FOR EXTRA DECK poo poo NOW:siren:

https://ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/

I'm not super fluent in Yugioh anymore, so what does that mean? Like you can't Synchro Summon more than one monster then? Sounds like it would slow down the game like, A LOT, and that could actually get me back into it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hopeford posted:

I'm not super fluent in Yugioh anymore, so what does that mean? Like you can't Synchro Summon more than one monster then? Sounds like it would slow down the game like, A LOT, and that could actually get me back into it.

You can, but you need a link monster in your extra-deck-space first which makes toolboxing and multi-synchroing much more difficult. It complicates any play that is reliant on cycling through the extra-deck like Synchrons or Molmorat.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I for one welcome the destruction of the Rank 4 Toolbox.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

MiddleOne posted:

You can, but you need a link monster in your extra-deck-space first which makes toolboxing and multi-synchroing much more difficult. It complicates any play that is reliant on cycling through the extra-deck like Synchrons or Molmorat.

Oh so realistically what this means is that the real life game is gonna start following the anime's idea of Boss Monsters a lot more? That's cool, I'm hyped for that.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

That's the end of my Crystron Superheavy deck.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sure am glad I can't play Yosenju Pendulums anymore, had too much fun with that deck

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Sure am glad I can't play Yosenju Pendulums anymore, had too much fun with that deck

Are you talking about the lack of S/T space or am I missing something here

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't you need a Link card to use Extra deck?

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
What I like about the new mechanic is that it will probably slow down the game enough for someone like me who doesn't really understand it at all anymore to kinda follow things in the anime haha. Must suck if you actually buy cards in real life though, since I imagine this just made a ton of decks useless.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Don't you need a Link card to use Extra deck?

The new extra-deck-monster-space (seriously this needs a name) can be used for both link and extra deck monsters. You just can't summon any more after that if you don't use it for a link monster. That's just for extra-deck monsters like fusion, synchro and XYZ though.

Yosenju's and other pure pendulum archetypes should be completely unaffected.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is such a loving stupid and obtuse mechanic because I still don't understand what you mean by using it for a link monster or how link monsters are even summoned

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

MiddleOne posted:

The new extra-deck-monster-space (seriously this needs a name) can be used for both link and extra deck monsters. You just can't summon any more after that if you don't use it for a link monster. That's just for extra-deck monsters like fusion, synchro and XYZ though.

Yosenju's and other pure pendulum archetypes should be completely unaffected.

Don't dead pendulum things go to the extra deck? So I guess it'd stop you recycling them so much

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It would stop you being able to use Daibak as an actual boss monster or from dropping a million walls

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

This is such a loving stupid and obtuse mechanic because I still don't understand what you mean by using it for a link monster or how link monsters are even summoned

Don't worry, I hardly either. Just like with Pendulum monsters you can expect to keep being surprised until the actual rulebook is dropped at release.

corn in the bible posted:

Don't dead pendulum things go to the extra deck? So I guess it'd stop you recycling them so much

That much is unclear but I would assume not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

We need to get the rulebook out so we can actually know, but my understanding is that you basically XYZ summon, but without ranks/levels mattering and the materials go to the graveyard instead of becoming units.

Also, these rules apply to extra deck Summoning. If you use monster reborn on an extra deck monster then that thing can go anywhere you want. We need to see the full application of this.