Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It'd be nice to own a car with cheap parts. I think the only one I've ever had is the Civic, and that thing's so old that OEM parts are starting to ramp up in price. One day I'll get a 240.

Is RockAuto pretty cheap/good for 240s? IPD sure doesn't seem to be.

Rockauto is amazing for 240s, as is eBay and occasionally Amazon. Some interior parts are getting hard to find/going up in price but all the maintenance/wear items are still cheap as dirt. IPD has a lot of really good hop-up bits for them but yeah their prices on the normal stuff is pretty steep.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I finally got around to replacing the failed purge valve on the RX-8. Holy poo poo do I never want to have to do that again. Mazda FSM says to remove the UIM. gently caress that. There's two bolts on the firewall side that you need presidential hands to get at. So I instead used the two millimeters of clearance and all my patience to carefully remove the old and reinstall the new one with the UIM in place.

If this Doorman valve fails, I'm accelerating the purchase of the Adaptronic ECU and converting to a catch can.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
:suicide:

Driving to work this morning, took an interchange ramp and about halfway around I felt a pop in the rear end followed by a rhythmic grinding noise. Pulled over on the shoulder and sure enough my DS rear wheel bearing just let go. Had to limp the car home at sub-20 MPH speeds as the noises became increasingly dire, I'm kind of surprised I made it home without dropping the wheel considering I had made it about 6 miles out before the problem started.

At least in the good news category O'Reilly sells a pre-assembled hub so this will be a straighforward remove and replace operation.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Slung and I changed the oil on my Subaru and filled the rear diff with new oil. It shifts really nicely now that the diff isn't almost completely dry.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Washed my car and added ATF to the power steering reservoir to make noises go away.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
My right rear brake sounds like whalesong during stops, might need to check that out...

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cross post from the Hot Hatch thread, but I had the roof wrapped black today.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Race car suspension showed up.

And we put tall tiress on the rallycross car.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Cross post from the Hot Hatch thread, but I had the roof wrapped black today.

That looks nice and clean.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Got my ride out of the impound lot. Those fuckers hid that no parking sign behind a tree :argh:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Geoj posted:

:suicide:

Driving to work this morning, took an interchange ramp and about halfway around I felt a pop in the rear end followed by a rhythmic grinding noise. Pulled over on the shoulder and sure enough my DS rear wheel bearing just let go. Had to limp the car home at sub-20 MPH speeds as the noises became increasingly dire, I'm kind of surprised I made it home without dropping the wheel considering I had made it about 6 miles out before the problem started.

At least in the good news category O'Reilly sells a pre-assembled hub so this will be a straighforward remove and replace operation.

Ffffffffffffffff pulled the hub off and the inside half of the bearing separated, leaving the inner race stuck to the stub axle.

Wouldn't be a problem except < 5% of first generation Focus left the factory with rear disc brakes...meaning my options for replacement are $125 for junkyard parts, $150 for new genuine Ford parts or roll the dice and hope I can find one in a yard.

FIL and I are going to see if we can get the race off with his acetylene torch and a three-jaw puller tomorrow after work. Adding to my problems, when removing the spindle one of the four bolts sheared off so now we'll have to drill it out and retap.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
Decided to put a intercooler/intake on my 454ci swapped S2000 big enough that I will never be able to fit a hood on the thing I guess

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Hahahaha, what the gently caress.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

tehk posted:

Decided to put a intercooler/intake on my 454ci swapped S2000 big enough that I will never be able to fit a hood on the thing I guess

That build needs a thread

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

tehk posted:

That was unexpected.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

You Am I posted:

That build needs a forum

I agree.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

tehk posted:

gently caress

also nice chock rock

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
Yeah it is my baby. I will do a build thread when the rest of the parts show up to get it running for tx2k

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Bottom right. WHAT THE gently caress

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Yeah it is twin borg warner forged S369SXE 69mm turbos. Enough turbo to push 1900hp. Probably wont be shooting past 1300 with this build due to me wanting to have the fastest independent rear suspension S2000 and that much power just won't work with a braced honda subframe and IRS ford 8.8

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Dear lord.

That's fuckin AI.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

tehk posted:

Yeah it is twin borg warner forged S369SXE 69mm turbos. Enough turbo to push 1900hp. Probably wont be shooting past 1300 with this build due to me wanting to have the fastest independent rear suspension S2000 and that much power just won't work with a braced honda subframe and IRS ford 8.8

This has made my evening, holy poo poo.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

tehk posted:

1300hp
S2000

Holy. poo poo.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
How do you fit your elephantine testicles in an S2000?!

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
It's called an S2000 not an S1300 stop being a pussy

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Welp

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You're gonna beat so many brakeless jettas.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Elsa posted:

It's called an S2000 not an S1300 stop being a pussy

:trumppop:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

tehk posted:

Holy poo poo.

This has all of my favorite keywords.

Borg Warner

69mm Turbo

>1000 hp

IRS

S2000

Ford 8.8 (>Ford diffs in Japanese cars in general, not a Ford fanboy but the juxtaposition is delish)

forged

>implying the frame is the limit, not the components (:black101: :black101:)

Please, please. My penis can only get so erect.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

tehk posted:

Yeah it is my baby. I will do a build thread when the rest of the parts show up to get it running for tx2k

:stare:

jesus christ

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Holy poo poo.

This has all of my favorite keywords.

Borg Warner

69mm Turbo

>1000 hp

IRS

S2000

Ford 8.8 (>Ford diffs in Japanese cars in general, not a Ford fanboy but the juxtaposition is delish)

forged

>implying the frame is the limit, not the components (:black101: :black101:)

Please, please. My penis can only get so erect.

Just one more to push you over the edge... Look at this air to water intercooler, it is erect as poo poo. Cold side piping is basically turbo->intake

DICTATOR OF FUNK
Nov 6, 2007

aaaaaw yeeeeeah
what did i do to my ride?

hell i totaled the gently caress out of it

hella sick camber bruh :smith:

Bought it brand new, got smashed by a busted-rear end old 4Runner with a bed frame bar for a front bumper support. Happy 1 year birthday little buddy :smithicide:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

tehk posted:

loving hell

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

DICTATOR OF FUNK posted:

Bought it brand new, got smashed by a busted-rear end old 4Runner with a bed frame bar for a front bumper support. Happy 1 year birthday little buddy :smithicide:

(most) cars can be replaced. You survived a t-bone. Life is a lot more valuable than a car.

tehk posted:

Just one more to push you over the edge... Look at this air to water intercooler, it is erect as poo poo. Cold side piping is basically turbo->intake

nnnnnnnggggghhhhh :gizz:

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Finally checked the tire pressures after not getting around to it for a month or so. Given the amount of k's I do and the current temps the tires have gone through I wasn't too surprised to discover that they where a little bit (read 2 psi or so) under what I normally run them at. It fucks the fuel consumption majorly

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

tehk posted:

:captainpop:

Our father, who art in heaven, power be thy name.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Please please please please please make a thread!

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

I made one! I will try to keep it up to date since I am in a rush to be racing the UndergroundRacing lambos in a month at TX2k hopefully. I got them from a dig for sure but I want to take them from a 60 roll for good measure.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

tehk posted:

I made one! I will try to keep it up to date since I am in a rush to be racing the UndergroundRacing lambos in a month at TX2k hopefully. I got them from a dig for sure but I want to take them from a 60 roll for good measure.

I watched one pull a consistent 213, 215, 214 in the 1/2 at Wanna Go Fast in ocala. Dude knew his poo poo. Goodspeed goonsire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I tried to take off the gaudy purple hub spacers that PO had put on the rears only of a four-wheel drive vehicle, for a reason I have yet to identify. (Stockish wheels, stockish suspension, nothing looks like it should be rubbing too badly) Thankfully the original wheel studs were intact but nuts for the spacers were so incredibly thin that they barely cleared the opening of the sockets I have. I got one off but the second I tried threatened to strip so I gave up there until I can find the time to file down a cheap socket or something.