Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

young samus looks cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

young samus looks cool
that's actually poklonskaya

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

konosuba is the best anime of this season because it somehow manages to make cheaping out on the animation into a strength

konosuba is great but best amine this season is definitely tanya the evil imo. little witch academia is also a delight. scum's wish is also v interesting and really fuckin pretty

didn't like the dragon one much at all

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
mop psycho 100 was real cool but gonna have to go with Serial Experiments Lain as my fav anime of this season, for the 7th year in a row

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009
Matthew Yglesias is an insufferable turd but his twitter game is on point.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/830861603247644672

Jesus Horse
Feb 24, 2004

mop psycho 100 was real cool but gonna have to go with Serial Experiments Lain as my fav anime of this season, for the 7th year in a row

so was Lain's family her real family or actors?
is Lain kinda like the internet version of princess Princess Kaguya, so at the end she leaves earth to live with her moon dad?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I didn't realize there were still new episodes coming out.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jesus Horse posted:

so was Lain's family her real family or actors?
is Lain kinda like the internet version of princess Princess Kaguya, so at the end she leaves earth to live with her moon dad?

they were basically actors, and moon dad is god

and she doesn't really leave earth, since she's kinda in digital heaven for the rest of her life, and the ending clearly means she is able to interact with humans and such

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
digital purgatory might be a better way of saying it then heaven

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

digital purgatory

*hee-hoing intensifies*

Jesus Horse
Feb 24, 2004

they were basically actors, and moon dad is god

and she doesn't really leave earth, since she's kinda in digital heaven for the rest of her life, and the ending clearly means she is able to interact with humans and such

like a Bodhisattva?
I always thought that here family was her real family, just reprogrammed, that Lain was something of a shine maiden ala Key the Metal, and not a creation of Masami Eiri, her sister sharing some of her power and breaking under the stress?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
cognez les nazis tous les jours

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jesus Horse posted:

like a Bodhisattva?
I always thought that here family was her real family, just reprogrammed, that Lain was something of a shine maiden ala Key the Metal, and not a creation of Masami Eiri, her sister sharing some of her power and breaking under the stress?

a lot of it is open to interpretation, but going by how her mom doesn't care about her, and her dad's last convo with her (not sky dad, but on earth), it seems likely they were just chosen to look over her

her sister is almost certainly a failed lain tho, it's why instead of becoming computer god she just completely blitzes out her mind at the information overload

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/markmackinnon/status/830891059844636677

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kind of cruel to send people fleeing a desolate hostile wasteland back into one thats frozen over 6 months of the year.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

stone cold posted:

ross perot: the man, the clown

whats wrong with what he said

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAXyhT2CgDw

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009
You have chickens too?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
chickens and other poultry

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
rip sacramento

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Chelb posted:

cognez les nazis tous les jours

I got signed out and can't remember my login info, can you get somebody to send me an invite to bigsharkrobot@mailinator please?

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

That's so cool. I bought a couple layers a few years ago. They stopped laying so I ate them.

Jesus Horse
Feb 24, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyZD7eoHZT8

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sharkie posted:

I got signed out and can't remember my login info, can you get somebody to send me an invite to bigsharkrobot@mailinator please?

done

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Fair

young samus looks cool

:yeah:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I basically just drank booze and played pool all day , a good day.Now I am at IHOP sometimes capitalism works.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 13, 2017

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/bro_pair/status/830889401295237120

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i am *very bad* at Darkest Dungeon

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/830989411030556674

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

digital purgatory might be a better way of saying it then heaven
smh that lain got 100k hour probation

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

attn kkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGpZ9xaQLYQ

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

I know it's getting repetitive for me to say this but DOGGO.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

boner confessor posted:

rip sacramento

I don't think we'll notice tbh.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

UberJew posted:

excuse me

gay dragon family is powerful, but nothing can overpower the sheer idiocy in konosuba

Homura and Sickle posted:

konosuba is great but best amine this season is definitely tanya the evil imo. little witch academia is also a delight. scum's wish is also v interesting and really fuckin pretty

didn't like the dragon one much at all

tanya the evil is good, but i'm getting a little burned out on reincarnation shows. konosuba gets grandfathered in since it's the second season

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

any news about opm season 2

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
not that i've heard. the murata manga is in the middle of a tournament arc that's kind of dragging though

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

not that i've heard. the murata manga is in the middle of a tournament arc that's kind of dragging though
drat, im too lazy to read manga, but i should probably just do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

drat, im too lazy to read manga, but i should probably just do that

you probably should, i think it'll be a while before they have enough content to even start working on a second season

• Locked thread