Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Harveygod posted:

"I carried this printer through the entire Delta quadrant for you."

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Harveygod posted:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who instantly thought of that

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

I just watched The Captains because of you nerds. Worth it to see Avery trolling Shatner with his piano. Also those conventions look like the grimmest places. Really bleak

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I was looking at attending the closest Star Trek convention just for something to do and just see weirdos dressed like Kirk and poo poo or whatever. While I wasn't expecting any heavy hitters literally the main attraction they had was some dude with like 3-4 uncredited extra roles in TNG lol. He lives like 20 miles away from the convention center incidentally.

STARKANE the premier Spokane Star Trek convention.

edit: I just looked it up again and they replaced him as the main attraction with Walter Koenig!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

meow

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

happyhippy posted:

"Why back on Earth we do things differently." - is most of series 1.

Edit: Even though we nearly killed ourselves in WW3, and are copying Vulcan tech to get ahead, all you aliens are weird and evil. Only we humans are virtuous. - rest of Enterprise

It's like you've never talked to an American before. Especially ones on vacation.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

DangerousDan posted:

I just watched The Captains because of you nerds. Worth it to see Avery trolling Shatner with his piano. Also those conventions look like the grimmest places. Really bleak

They're grimacing all the way to the bank.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Isn't Synthehol without any intoxicating effects? That's why Quarks makes mad cash, he has real booze he charges a premium for.

Synthehol started as just "the better future version of alcohol that doesn't leave you hungover and also you can just mentally sober yourself up in case of a red alert or an imminent business deal or something", and then it got dumbed down to "crappy lite beer" or something like that because we're so insecure about our own existence that we're deeply uncomfortable with a setting that suggests things could actually be better, so we need every innovation to have a terrible downside that reassures us that we're actually better off without it.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

replicated food? it's just tv dinner garbage
synthehol? it's just like lovely bud light or something
holodecks? it's all AI slavery
transporters? murder machines
interstellar civilization? more like turbo-fascism

it's okay friend, your home life really is the pinnacle of existence. anyone who thinks they have it better than you is obviously suffering at least as much, if not moreso than you

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Harveygod posted:

dear god

I just found my next av

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

Nigmaetcetera posted:

FYI that's not what dysphasia or any kind of aphasia is really like. If you get broca's like I get before a seizure you just end up saying "Uh," and "Um," and "You know, like, uh," and you keep repeating stock phrases until a few minutes after you stop flopping around like a fish.

Also exterminate all Skreaans, because they're inferior to even bajorans which is laugh out loud hilarious.

Drug induced aphasia can look like it did on the show. Salvia will reduce people to babbling, sometimes in word salad, sometimes in just gibberish.

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Season 1 doesn't even have a proper season finale, it just ends after a pretty dull episode 16. I'm amazed it even got a second season.

They just chopped off the end of season 1 and added it to season 2. So the intended season 1 finale is s02e04 if I remember right.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I was looking at attending the closest Star Trek convention just for something to do and just see weirdos dressed like Kirk and poo poo or whatever. While I wasn't expecting any heavy hitters literally the main attraction they had was some dude with like 3-4 uncredited extra roles in TNG lol. He lives like 20 miles away from the convention center incidentally.

STARKANE the premier Spokane Star Trek convention.

edit: I just looked it up again and they replaced him as the main attraction with Walter Koenig!

My first and only Star Trek con was in Billings in 1996. Denise Crosby was the big get, and the two fat Bajorans from Trekkies were there. Spokane sounds like a step up.

Scudworth posted:

It's like you've never talked to an American before. Especially ones on vacation.

Found the Canadian.

"What are these feet you speak of strange American humon. The great land of Canada has used meters since the time of my father, in the long forgotten era now only known as 'the seventies.'"

"Why do you American's only have Wal-Mart and McDonalds. The great land of Canada is filled with commercial diversity. We have Canadian Tire, Boston Pizza, and the cornerstone of our society, Tim Horton's"

Let us English fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Feb 13, 2017

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Space Crabs posted:

This episode was great because apparently nobody bothered actually looking that up.

":smug: My family was heavily involved with and basically are the ones responsible for the mars missions and mars exploration. It's all we talk about."
"Uhhhh no?"
":smug: What?"
"I know every single person involved and none of your family had anything to do with it"

Did Paris have any family involved with that project? If he did, then technically the lizard babies will be able to carry on Janeway's story about Mars-exploring ancestors for her.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I had a legit milf crush on Kate Mulgrew when Voyager originally aired. She... did not age gracefully. Still nowhere as bad as Kes, though.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Kes did not age, she just traveled at warp 11.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The actress that played Kes sort of surprises me that she wasn't doing more voice work after Voyager. She did a few things and she had a recognizable voice that seems like she could have parleyed into a fairly steady career in animation and games.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Well, it was that or snort pills and flash grade schoolers...

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

This picture for some reason cracked me up and I started laughing like a madman for at least a few minutes. I think something in my head broke. I want to frame this and put it on my wall, where do I have to click

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Who in the hell is this? Doesn't look like seven of nine, so I guess it's Kes, but she doesn't look like Kes at all.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Definitely Kes, with Neelix filming her awkwardly.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I too sometimes film awkwardly smiling women with my camcorder and get really close

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Police Automaton posted:

I too sometimes film awkwardly smiling women with my camcorder and get really close

That thing was shooting directly onto 1.44 mb floppies. You had to rush up quick and get a smile before you hit its 37 frame limit.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
TOS: Shore Leave.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Shore_Leave_(episode)

This episode is absolute poo poo. Did 60s people enjoy seeing stuff like this?! I know there were only three channels back then, but come on!

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

brylcreem posted:

This episode is absolute poo poo. Did 60s people enjoy seeing stuff like this?! I know there were only three channels back then, but come on!

I remember this. A lot of Star Trek TOS episodes seemed to be based on whatever the studio had laying around that week. That episode might be the most egregious, though.

"We got some Nazi uniforms. Nazi planet!"

The next lot is a 20s ganster set. "While there at lunch, we'll film Gangster Planet!"

Now they're filming a western. "Western Planet!"

We still have those Nazi uniforms... "Nazi time travel!"

We got nothing this week. "They find another Earth! In 1963, no less! gently caress it!"

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Better than Planet Canada SG-1 and Battlestar style.

edit I mean anytime they're on Caprica you expect to see Stargate filming in the background.

edit 2 what if there were a planet that instead of the chicago mobs book or a future nazi cosplayer got contaminated by freakin original series and had like cowboys fighting nazis in the street

shovelbum fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 13, 2017

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

brylcreem posted:

Sweaty bare chested Kirk fights Irish psychopath on fantasy planet. What's not to like.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

shovelbum posted:

Planet Canada

'Planet Pacific Northwest and sometime the desert but only like once or twice a season'.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Also, so the plants all look like earth except some really unconvincing alien roots we lazily threw some dirt on and then pretended to dig them up.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

The Dennis System posted:

Who in the hell is this? Doesn't look like seven of nine, so I guess it's Kes, but she doesn't look like Kes at all.

Does this?

Because it is

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Sloober posted:

Does this?

Because it is

She looks like a purposely bad custom player model I would make in a PlayStation 1 NBA game.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

She looks like a purposely bad custom player model I would make in a PlayStation 1 NBA game.

Come on and slam! And welcome to the j- holy hell, what is that?! Is she exposing herself?!

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!

corn in the bible posted:

*while rubbing blue goop all over a hot lady's tits* humans are superior

If humans invented doing that then we are definitely superior

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
DS9: We hit the episode where Molly falls through a time portal and comes back as a feral teenager. My wife HATED this episode. Way too heart wrenching for her. We have a young daughter so it was just too close to home I guess. Hooome. *points into portal* She also, as usual, noticed a fashion item - this time it was teenage Molly's haircut which was straight outta the 90s. She said "How did she get her bangs all even like that?" I told her her bangs got in the way of her eyesight when she was hunting so she used some flint and cut straight across.

Also here's my random ST bitch of the day: Why must the crew insist on wearing their uniforms even when they're not on duty? Also this is inconsistent. Occasionally you will see someone in their cabin with some space tshirt but all the drat time they're hanging out in uniforms. Just seems like lazy TV.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Sten Freak posted:

Also here's my random ST bitch of the day: Why must the crew insist on wearing their uniforms even when they're not on duty? Also this is inconsistent. Occasionally you will see someone in their cabin with some space tshirt but all the drat time they're hanging out in uniforms. Just seems like lazy TV.

We never got to see what each crewmember's horrible 24th century fashion sense was like, only Wesley and his amazing technicolor sweaters.

I bet Worf hung out in full Klingon battle dress in his off-time.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Everyone dresses like a futuristic NuPeasant when they're off duty.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

How would you recognise such memorable characters as Harry Kim in a different outfit? No serialisation, remember?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Police Automaton posted:

This picture for some reason cracked me up and I started laughing like a madman for at least a few minutes. I think something in my head broke. I want to frame this and put it on my wall, where do I have to click

Here are the uncut magazine pages, as seen on TrekCore. The individual shots aren't any higher-res, but the whole page might be good enough for a wall hanging.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I wanna wear my cell phone around my neck.

Maybe on a lanyard, like some dork version of Tuco.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I can't stop seeing Jason Alexander lurking there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Automatic Slim posted:

Sweaty bare chested Kirk fights Irish psychopath on fantasy planet. What's not to like.

It's just so random.

The link I posted says that Rodenberry was literally rewriting the script on location (to make it more believable(!)), so we're actually getting pure, unedited Rodenberry.

It makes a lot more sense now. The whole thing makes a lot more sense.