Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tony Bologna posted:

Dennis Coles is the one true Ironman, Robert Downey Jr. is the worst and I hate seeing him in movies.

Now you've got me thinking of the entire MCU cast being replaced with the Wu-Tang Clan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

Henchman of Santa posted:

Now you've got me thinking of the entire MCU cast being replaced with the Wu-Tang Clan

I can guarantee you the Wu-Tang Clan has thought about that exact thing and discussed it at great lengths more than once.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Have they launched their heist to steal back their record from what's his name yet?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Milk chocolate is OK, as far as lollies go, but it's not worth buying unless you're a child. Dark chocolate is good occasionally and goes very well with fruit.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I don't think someone who calls chocolate "lollies" has any right to say what is and isn't for children.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd agree Chocolate dipped fruit is super overrated. Not bad as much as it's always pretty disappointing. I can't count how many times I've eaten a chocolate dipped strawberry (hey they look good!) just to be reminded it's a garbage combo.

Bananas and dried fruit are fine with chocolate though. Stuff like strawberries doesn't work because the texture is bad.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
A frozen banana dipped in chocolate is :discourse:

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't think someone who calls chocolate "lollies" has any right to say what is and isn't for children.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

starkebn posted:

A frozen banana dipped in chocolate is :discourse:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I mean, it's one banana Michael, what can it cost? 10 dollars?

My unpopular opinion is that Arrested Development didn't need a Season 4. Season 3 ended the show perfectly. Let things have good endings, they're so rare.

I feel the same way about the upcoming Last of Us Part 2.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

WampaLord posted:

I mean, it's one banana Michael, what can it cost? 10 dollars?

My unpopular opinion is that Arrested Development didn't need a Season 4. Season 3 ended the show perfectly. Let things have good endings, they're so rare.

It also took a pretty big quality nose dive when they revived it too. The Netflix show felt like a parody of the original to me.

Last of Us 2 does not need to exist, but ND has a good enough track record at this point that it will almost surely be good. Also, best multi ever and a sequel means more of it. I wish they hadn't bothered teasing it wen it won't be out for like2+ years though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is it a sequel to Last of Us or just based in the same world?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is it a sequel to Last of Us or just based in the same world?

It is a direct sequel with Joel and Ellie.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'll admit I was a little surprised they went that route. I would have expected a new cast. Joel dead though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They're gonna ruin the ending of the first game. Or make Joel a better guy. I can feel it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Watch the teaser again and tell me with a straight face he isn't dead.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Link?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

He's appears to be some sort of ghostly hallucination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPNiIeKMHyg

What that really means in the end is pretty up in the air but I think it's pretty safe to assume he isn't really there in the trailer.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

He's appears to be some sort of ghostly hallucination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPNiIeKMHyg

What that really means in the end is pretty up in the air but I think it's pretty safe to assume he isn't really there in the trailer.

Yeah definitely gives off a kill Bill vengeance for Joels death feel pretty strongly

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She also probably found out what Joel did

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

WampaLord posted:

i feel pretty much the same way about all unnecessary sequels that pick up after a wrapped up story

for example i was into mass effect a few years back but now i couldn't care less about andromeda; bioware's a pretty decent company and could have developed a new thing instead of going back to a setting that was decidedly nuked in the resolution of a story arc that its entire lore was wrapped around

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

In Australia, "lolly" is a generic term for sweets/candy/confectionery (or whatever else you call them wherever you live).

WampaLord posted:

Season 4 was unwatchable, but my unpopular opinion was that season 3 was a major step down in quality and it should have ended after 2.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tiggum posted:

In Australia, "lolly" is a generic term for sweets/candy/confectionery (or whatever else you call them wherever you live).

God, is there no bottom to how awful Australia is?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

I'm aware. It doesn't make it sound any less ridiculous when british/australian adults use baby-talk-sounding (to us) words for things.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

steinrokkan posted:

God, is there no bottom to how awful Australia is?

They call flip flops "thongs"

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

Chocolate typically isn't called a lolly here, though. :shrug:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Intoluene posted:

Chocolate typically isn't called a lolly here, though. :shrug:

Depends. If you've got jubes and mints and chocolates it's not unusual to refer to the whole lot as lollies.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Americans call their arses a fanny or a heiny, they can gently caress off criticising other people.

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Depends. If you've got jubes and mints and chocolates it's not unusual to refer to the whole lot as lollies.

no true australian would never include chocolate in the greater category of lollies, you would make mention of the chocolates separately like "lollies and chocolates"

unless i suppose there is a bowl of a variety of sweet snacks, and chocolates make up no more than say 10% of the variety, then you could call it a bowl of lollies, but i would still frown upon you

source: i am strayan

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

starkebn posted:

Americans call their arses a fanny or a heiny, they can gently caress off criticising other people.

Still better than bum.

British and Australian people sound like those adult baby fetishists half the time.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
australians call their tough guys on motorcycles Bikeys

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

starkebn posted:

I mean the terms are known but the first one is outdated by like 50+years and the second one is pretty heavily in the children and parents of children categories. A grown American would basically never use those terms in common conversation

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I only ever heard lollies in regards to ice lollies (fruity popsicles). The chocolate ones were either choco bars (fudge pops) or just ice cream bars (those chocolate-dipped bars).

I got a weird-rear end hybrid of Brit and Yank language going on due to upbringing. :(

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Whenever I see or hear the word "arse," I can't think of a modern Brit or Australian without thinking they're really a time traveler from 11th century England. Dump that Old English poo poo and get with the times, people! (Or at least update to Early Modern English).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-D3PfhuF5o

rear end. It's not just for describing donkeys anymore.

You Are A Werewolf has a new favorite as of 14:29 on Feb 13, 2017

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/fristdynamo/status/831222102132797440

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I think I'd agree, but that's like saying the fresh poo poo is better than the poo poo that has been rotting on the side of the road for a week.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What doesn't.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Scarface is a terrible and dumb movie.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

You Are A Elf posted: