Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shorty "Botox" Ryder.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Are there any details on the multiplayer?

If its any good I'll probably get the game when its price dropped, ME3's multiplayer was more fun than it had any business being.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Cash Monet posted:

Are there any details on the multiplayer?

If its any good I'll probably get the game when its price dropped, ME3's multiplayer was more fun than it had any business being.

Only that it will have "some customization" so far. It's not really a good idea to be quiet about the thing people are the most optimistic about in your revamped franchise.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Remember around this time before the release of ME3 we were all playing the MP demo with its two maps and limited classes, and going "wow this is fun as poo poo" while getting super hype for its full release. Now in tyool 2017 paid Origin access subscribers get 10 hours of a "tech demo" at some later date to be determined.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

What's the context? She looks disappointed, or maybe mildly annoyed she's going to have to kill that person.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 13, 2017

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Remember around this time before the release of ME3 we were all playing the MP demo with its two maps and limited classes, and going "wow this is fun as poo poo" while getting super hype for its full release. Now in tyool 2017 paid Origin access subscribers get 10 hours of a "tech demo" at some later date to be determined.

Sorry mate demos aren't really a thing any more. Some bean counter ran the numbers and they lose more sales than they make, and detract from developing the actual game.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Origin Access subscribers will get access to 10 hours of the full game, both singleplayer and multiplayer not a "tech demo". It'll be about a week before release like just about every other EA game.

I'm not defending the lack of a demo though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

marktheando posted:

Sorry mate demos aren't really a thing any more. Some bean counter ran the numbers and they lose more sales than they make, and detract from developing the actual game.

It makes sense. Just look at Overwatch, a game that had multiple open betas and free weekends leading up to its release, and quickly faded into obscurity. Barely anybody played it, sad!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Lobok posted:

What's the context? She looks disappointed, or maybe mildly annoyed she's going to have to kill that person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOIzH6UcoW4&t=85s

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

It makes sense. Just look at Overwatch, a game that had multiple open betas and free weekends leading up to its release, and quickly faded into obscurity. Barely anybody played it, sad!

Well that's the prevailing wisdom these days. It's not the 90s anymore. I don't know anything about Overwatch, but there are obviously a handful of exceptions.

The point is that thinking the lack of an Andromeda demo is some scandal is silly. It's normal not to have a demo.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
The only thing demo's do now a days is to get pre-orders canceled. The money and time is better spend on getting youtube starts to hype up the game through limited release videos and controlled gameplay time.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i'm sure it's more, why give away for free what you can trick idiots into buying

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

AriadneThread posted:

i'm sure it's more, why give away for free what you can trick idiots into buying

I'm playing Doom now and one of the achievements is completing the first level. Based on trophy stats, a good 1/5th of people didn't do that. A $60 demo for those players.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

AriadneThread posted:

Gameplay and narrative are well-tread topics in video games, why waste time on those features when we can better devote our efforts toward exhaustive discussions of who you can gently caress.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So this was from the U.K. Xbox Official Magazine on multiplayer:

"A souped-up version of Mass Effect 3’s wave-based multiplayer mode is back, doling out rewards that can be spent in the campaign, but this time you’re free to ignore the multiplayer modes without impacting your single-player success should you prefer a strictly solo experience. And then there’re Strike Team missions – campaign objectives that you can either send an AI team to complete on your behalf or tackle as part of a networked Pathfinding posse.”

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
"Yeah so unlike the Multiplayer in the previous game, in this game you don't have to do it"

Not exactly the most ringing of endorsements.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Sapozhnik posted:

"Yeah so unlike the Multiplayer in the previous game, in this game you don't have to do it"

Not exactly the most ringing of endorsements.

You weren't here when people were angry that you had to do the multilayer to get the 'best' ending in ME3, were you?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Its worded really bad but its basically saving that the Multiplayer can only help you in the single player instead of being required (at launch) like at ME3 to get the war assets for high enough for the best outcome.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I think that early leak of Andromeda mentioned Strike Missions, too, and the mechanics in the leak are similar to what's said in the article.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It's a good decision

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Lobok posted:

I'm playing Doom now and one of the achievements is completing the first level. Based on trophy stats, a good 1/5th of people didn't do that. A $60 demo for those players.

These days you buy games for the theoretical chance that you might play it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Turncoat Mommy posted:

"Buy a game at full price? Heh count me out, I'll wait for the Steam sale."

*spends literally thousands on lovely discount bundles that will never be played*

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

exquisite tea posted:

"Buy a game at full price? Heh count me out, I'll wait for the Steam sale."

*spends literally thousands on lovely discount bundles that will never be played*

Excuse me, I am a patron of electronic arts everywhere.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Turncoat Mommy posted:

I have unopened copies of The Witcher 3 and Yakuza Zero. I bought Dishonored 2 and Doom on steam and never even stared them. And I want to get For Honor, as well as preordering Mass Effect Andromeda.

All while I'm working and studying in Grad School because I have cash to burn and make bad decision :negative:

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

drat son you might have a problem

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

SgtSteel91 posted:

I have unopened copies of The Witcher 3 and Yakuza Zero. I bought Dishonored 2 and Doom on steam and never even stared them. And I want to get For Honor, as well as preordering Mass Effect Andromeda.

All while I'm working and studying in Grad School because I have cash to burn and make bad decision :negative:

Do you know about Star Citizen?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I guess this may be a stupid question, but was ME3 noticeably better on a console vs a PC? I played the third game on my PlayStation, but now I have a real-deal computer and am wondering if it'd be worth playing it on there instead!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

'i'm in grad school' and 'i have cash to burn'
???????????

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SgtSteel91 posted:

I have unopened copies of The Witcher 3

Heyyo bro, I'll take that off your hands if you're never gonna play it...

quote:

All while I'm [...]in Grad School [...] I have cash to burn

Oh, your post is pure fantasy. Never mind.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
lol if you play your own games in 2017 instead of watching somebody else play games

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I only buy games when someone I'm watching play games plays them wrong and loving hell do I have to do everything myself!?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

marktheando posted:

Tell that to Nioh.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Terak404/status/831125323211214848

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

To be fair, that's a rather unflattering angle with a different focal length. If they took the real model pic the same way without makeup (and the ridiculous amount of post processing), that's probably what she looks like.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It's missing something. Below - Anime obsessed weirdo with a pinned tweet saying all women on Twitch playing games are using sex appeal for money mistakes model shoot for regular life.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sara Ryder thought venturing to Andromeda was the biggest challenge of her life... until she started grad school.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Perhaps one day Bioware will learn to adapt real human faces to create something that doesn't look like it was made of rejected silly putty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Getting hung up on some chick's face that we're all just going to change anyways, good times.