Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i like the unironic ranting about the mainstream media itt. reminds me of my grandpa's facebook posts.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

A misanthrope posted:

i like the unironic ranting about the mainstream media itt. reminds me of my grandpa's facebook posts.

I like your avatar. It really connects with myself at a younger age. Doug really knew what was goin on.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

SHISHKABOB posted:

I like your avatar. It really connects with myself at a younger age. Doug really knew what was goin on.

thank you friend

doug would have voted for bernie...you know, if he didn't die at a young age in that tragic accident

Edit: :rip: they canceled school for two days and then brought in a counselor and everything

listening to doug's favorite album:

the grief destroyed the family:

a misanthrope fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 12, 2017

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
You guys just aren't thinking far ahead enough. The majestic southern border wall is just phase 1. Once global warming really takes off we are going to need a wall built around the entire USA to protect us from the hundreds of millions of refugees whose homes, lands, and entire countries that will be flooded from the massively rising ocean levels.

https://twitter.com/billmckibben/status/799783145356886016

:toot:

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Feb 12, 2017

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Poetic Justice posted:

You guys just aren't thinking far ahead enough. The majestic southern border wall is just phase 1. Once global warming really takes off we are going to need a wall built around the entire USA to protect us from the hundreds of millions of refugees whose homes, lands, and entire countries that will be flooded from the massively rising ocean levels.

lol yeah right like you believe in climate change

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Poetic Justice posted:

See, I figured the wall would actually continue around Mexico, and once completed, the U.S. would start throwing their prisoners over the wall and use it as a giant prison. Basically Escape from Mexico.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

3 A.M. Radio posted:

See, I figured the wall would actually continue around Mexico, and once completed, the U.S. would start throwing their prisoners over the wall and use it as a giant prison. Basically Escape from Mexico.

trump is pretty much the president in Escape from LA, complete with the hot daughter he has a weird relationship with

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

A misanthrope posted:

lol yeah right like you believe in climate change

I actually think it's a lot worse than people realize and we are already way past the point of no return. For example, there are already riots in Brazil for clean drinking water because of massive droughts.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Poetic Justice posted:

I actually think it's a lot worse than people realize and we are already way past the point of no return.

well i'm glad we can agree on something

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jukebox Hero posted:

He's really persistent, like Trump outside a child's pageant dressing room with a combination lock.

:trumppop:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Poetic Justice posted:

I actually think it's a lot worse than people realize and we are already way past the point of no return. For example, there are already riots in Brazil for clean drinking water because of massive droughts.

Haha, no, I don't think so. It's fun and everything to imagine that Earth will be consumed in a giant flood to purge humanity for their sins, I mean the Christians have told that story for thousands of years. But really boring, regular life will go on.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Haha, no, I don't think so. It's fun and everything to imagine that Earth will be consumed in a giant flood to purge humanity for their sins, I mean the Christians have told that story for thousands of years. But really boring, regular life will go on.

yeah for the people who already have it good lol

the other 6 billion people are hosed

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
It's cool, I'll just be here on Mars just in case.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
The Syrian humanitarian crisis was the result of climate change tipping a precarious situation into a large scale tragedy.

As this pot continues to boil you can expect more localised crises to spill over into previously unaffected prosperous areas as more globally poor are relieved of their meager resources and displaced thanks to unpredictable natural disasters exacerbated by ongoing civil unrest (see Syrian drought, food shortages in south America)

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Global climate change is significantly different from regional climate change, and human mismanagement of resources. Things like Brazilians not having enough clean drinking water would be happening regardless of any kind of global climate change. But of course, things are being exacerbated.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Believe it or not, droughts and famines happened before the widespread use of fossil fuels!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Believe it or not, droughts and famines happened before the widespread use of fossil fuels!

actually, they didnt

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yeah the terrifying thing about global climate change is how impossible to detect it is for us without long term collection of good data. Looking out your window isn't going to show you the destruction of the planets ecosphere.

At this point I don't care about the anthropocentric argument. We've got a cosmically terrifying nightmare on our hands that none of us alive will see the true scale of.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Poetic Justice posted:

there are already riots in Brazil for clean drinking water because of massive droughts.

There was a story in one of the Brazil threads about how a US charity built several water treatment plants around Rio I think, which all quickly fell apart from looting and incompetence at the hands of Brazilians

Climate change is real but Brazilians are real lol

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
What if the poor ate each other? Could this solve the famine problem?

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

Most poors don't know how to swim so it's a problem that will thankfully solve itself.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Poors could stop loving for 10 minutes and see how that goes with less kids

e: lol 400M people in Nigeria by 2050, good luck with that

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

unpacked robinhood posted:

You're a complete idiot.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

SHISHKABOB posted:

You're a complete idiot.

What's the problem? 400 million people is a lot for Nigeria.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Poetic Justice posted:

You see a global ecological disaster. I see a deeper moat.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

everyone fucks, dummy

not everyone has access to family planning resources + contraception & is taught from a young age to utilize it

i hate to break it to you but if you were poor and nigerian you'd have a shitload of kids unless you had some sort of prepubescent genital accident that rendered you sterile

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

e: mods change my name to genital accident

Night Pay
Nov 22, 2016

by Smythe
I keep mistaking this threat for the post every time you lol trump is president thread, and instead of lols it's full of dumb goons arguing global warming and astrology and I wonder how said pile of poo poo hasn't been gassed yet. well goodbye

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Perromancer posted:

I keep mistaking this threat for the post every time you lol trump is president thread, and instead of lols it's full of dumb goons arguing global warming and astrology and I wonder how said pile of poo poo hasn't been gassed yet. well goodbye

no dont leave we need more of your hot takes

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Perromancer posted:

hell, same

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

lol that you think the Global Flood and Precession are Christian specific lore

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flood_myths

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol some cuck snowflake trump supporter got me an av of my waifu Hillary ^_^. I love it thank you. :sparkles:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

fyodor posted:

Lol some cuck snowflake trump supporter got me an av of my waifu Hillary ^_^. I love it thank you. :sparkles:

the sex change is goin' well i see

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

OMGVBFLOL posted:

everyone fucks, dummy

#NotAllMen

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

everyone fucks, dummy

not everyone has access to family planning resources + contraception & is taught from a young age to utilize it

Thats why I said they could stop loving.

I just hope I'll live long enough to see the result

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Thats why I said they could stop loving.

I just hope I'll live long enough to see the result

people, poor or not, will never ever stop loving no matter what. thats the entire reason family planning and contraception exist

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Perromancer posted:

it's a containment zone to protect the lols

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

OMGVBFLOL posted:

everyone fucks, dummy

i hate to break it to you but if you were poor and nigerian you'd have a shitload of kids unless you had some sort of prepubescent genital accident that rendered you sterile

He's incel, my dude, he doesn't get the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

people, poor or not, will never ever stop loving no matter what. thats the entire reason family planning and contraception exist

Have you seen Russia ? Seems like the people there actually understand that their country is poo poo and not worth populating.

It's just funny that with the advent of medicine they've kept their old habits of having 5 or 6 kids but now they actually survive infancy.

• Locked thread