Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I think it's funny that they named the car Caliente. What a horrible name for a car.

IT WAS THE 60'S OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

wallaka posted:

Caliente was a trim package, and doesn't involve the engine. Does it have a lower crossmember? The I6 cars didn't, and didn't have a top export brace that was optional on V8s. AFAIK all I6 cars had 4 lug hubs and a 7.25" differentials. V8 cars had 5-lug hubs and an 8" diff.

First mod: dual circuit master cylinder.

I'll check when I get home. pretty sure it has the crossmember but I don't remember. And yeah, manual brakes suck- I know that was how it was done back then but screw that.

Current names I'm toying with are the Vomit Comet or Freddie Mercury.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Replaced the Wife's 2009 Pontiac with a 2016 Fiesta ST in Kona Blue. We match now! (Mine's a 2012 Kona Blue MCA Mustang)

The Fiesta ST is fun as hell to drive. Little go-kart on Steroids. I actually think the steering feel is better than the Mustang. No dead zone at all, and VERY direct. Got a smoking deal on a new 2016 because the '18s are due out soon.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Mcqueen posted:

Nissan HB's are the best pickup trucks ever.

That and the VG30 era Pathfinders...whooo what a great vehicle.

I actually just picked up a Tacoma to replace the HB. 10 years newer and much better condition...but I may be selling the Tacoma. Love the HB.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
New wheels and tires! 18" Velox Apex, 235/45F and 255/45R Continentals

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Jebediah posted:

New wheels and tires! 18" Velox Apex, 235/45F and 255/45R Continentals

Nice, good match for the car.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Picked this up earlier in the week. It'll go in for tint next week and I think I'll wrap the roof black to match the sunroof. Washed and waxed today.

Not sold on the wheels, I'd have preferred the Sport wheels, but not a biggie.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Holy poo poo as I lazily browse random threads on a lazy sunday evening, you just popped some long hidden memories of mine. Both my father AND my grandmother had early 80s crown vic LTDs when I was a child, and those images really brought me back. Thank you.

for content, might as well post mine :

Daily Driver : just treated myself to a 2k17 Silverado LTZ Z71 because i'm turning into a boring adult.

Late Father's Hot Rod : That's a ford 302 on a frame built from stolen tubing from his workplace, and a 33 Dodge pickup body. Decal on the valve cover to troll onlookers. 12.2 in the quarter mile, back when it had wider tires.

Then : my 2009 Buell 1125r

and the 2007 Softail FXST

Nerdrock fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 13, 2017

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I unfortunately drove the coupe style of this car for a little while in high school. It was way less cool then than it would be now. It was an old fire marshal car that my dad picked up for me for $250. I do highly recommend the dog dish caps for it.

I think it needs these:

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 13, 2017

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Nerdrock posted:

Holy poo poo as I lazily browse random threads on a lazy sunday evening, you just popped some long hidden memories of mine. Both my father AND my grandmother had early 80s crown vic LTDs when I was a child, and those images really brought me back. Thank you.

for content, might as well post mine :

Daily Driver : just treated myself to a 2k17 Silverado LTZ Z71 because i'm turning into a boring adult.

What can a random person expect off MSRP on one of these trucks?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

dreesemonkey posted:

I got a 350-day-on-the-lot 2500HD for about 6K under sticker ($55K, paid $49K). If you're willing to drive a hard bargain, or take something oddball, I've heard of people getting more than 12K off a higher trimline 2500HD or 3500. Those are $65K trucks, though.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

dreesemonkey posted:

Well, right now, they're claiming "OMFG TRUCK MONTH" with a couple grand in incentives and whatnot. I'm a stupid idiot and absolutely terrible at buying cars or negotiations in general, and I wound up paying about 6k less than MSRP (like 4k in rebates, and about 2k in change in insisting "they can do better"). That said : right now, there's even more incentives on the lower trims.

this is the $52K 1500, for what it's worth. I could have got another 1k in rebates off MSRP if i'd gone with a LT "all star edition" instead of the LTZ.

I also at least got them to throw in an $800 hard tri-fold tonneau cover, and get me a discount at our local shop that does truck bullshit, so Wednesday after the undercoating appointment it gets some stainless steel lifetime guaranteed running boards and some weather protectors for the windows all for $200.

Nerdrock fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Feb 13, 2017

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

dreesemonkey posted:

I've been Ford shopping lately and for a leftover 2016 if you're not getting it for way under invoice (getting all the holdback) you're getting ripped off. On a loaded F-150 (~60k) this means 11 grand or more off MSRP, including rebates (which are ~4500+ right now depending on trim/equipment). The one I was looking at was 63,990. Invoice was about 59,400. Holdback 1800 or 1900. And 2500 worth of rebates if you give up the rest of the rebate cash in order to get 0% for 60 months. Dealer I was at is the one of the ones that won't let you have any holdback so they were at least 2 grand too high. Also depends on the trim though, 2.7 XLTs have more rebates on them than 3.5 Lariats.

High volume dealers you can probably do even better than invoice-holdback-rebates but I've never personally gotten a deal that good.

For 2017 F-150 I think there's only a $500 rebate right now (this will probably increase as they move out the remaining 2016s) and most dealers probably won't let you touch the holdback on one so you'd be looking at more like 5k off right now.

I think I'm going to try and hold out for a Raptor though. Supposedly 2017 production will be higher than any previous Raptor years so the ADMs may be coming down/off fairly rapidly.

e: Ford seems like they're generally the stingiest on rebates though. Dodge being the most generous and GM being in between.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 14, 2017

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
Uh here is my weekendly. It is a 454 sleeved and stroked LS3, right now twin 69mm forged turbos, and lots of fab work.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

tehk posted:

Uh here is my weekendly. It is a 454 sleeved and stroked LS3, right now twin 69mm forged turbos, and lots of fab work.

I was going to post "whoa someone took a honda and made it good" but then I realized which thread I was in, so that someone is you. You own. Any video with sound? :v:

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

tehk posted:

I guess I'll stop posting my cars, then.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

tehk posted:

I guess my first question would be how many times have you thought it was going to kill you so far?

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I guess my first question would be how many times have you thought it was going to kill you so far?

Twice per drive. I am shooting for at least three times per drive which is why I ditched the big single after only a month. Definately more power than my 8.8 IRS center section and suspension combo can handle in any direction but straight. Fortunately my Holley dominator efi setup can switch between variable tunes, boost, and fuel maps on the digital dash

I am not a big tire car so on the street traction is not so easy with a 275 ET Street or a 325 summer tire. Couldn't imagine hooking this thing on the road with a large slick if I had a live axle setup and tubs.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

tehk posted:

Were you holding out to post on page 454, or is it happy coincidence?

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

wallaka posted:

Were you holding out to post on page 454, or is it happy coincidence?

That would have been a hell of a wait. Happy coincidence that I am home with the flu while the thread hit 454. I don't look at much that ain't classifieds and racing on the internet anymore. Gaming for me now is using four email accounts to lowball a guy days apart until he thinks the highest price is reasonable.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

tehk posted:

Gaming for me now is using four email accounts to lowball a guy days apart until he thinks the highest price is reasonable.

Haha, so I'm not the only one that uses that trick (it works really well some times... especially when you vary your grammar and lowball using barely functional verbage... people get tired of "dealing with morons" and just want their stuff gone). Freedompop is currently a great place for cheap burner phone access.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

tehk posted:

:catstare:

Start a thread son.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Babby's first oil change :toot:

I will be whoring this thing out all the time. so prepare yourself.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

tehk posted:

do a burnout

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Decided to take the LX instead of the Golf R for the ski trip last weekend. It was the right choice.

Some of the nastiest weather I've driven through, 5 hours of freezing rain and then 2 hours of dumping snow. Had to stop twice to chip the ice off the headlights.

D C fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 17, 2017

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Right color, wrong transmission.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

SquirrelGrip posted:

do a burnout

Harder challenge: don't do a burnout.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Right transmission, wrong color & amount of doors.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

willroc7 posted:

Right color, wrong transmission.

No Ragrets. That DCT is the dogs balls.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Right transmission, wrong color & amount of doors.

No Ragrets.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Such a good choice on that thing

Also I may be in your area a few times in the next few months :ninja:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Seminal Flu posted:

Haha, so I'm not the only one that uses that trick (it works really well some times... especially when you vary your grammar and lowball using barely functional verbage... people get tired of "dealing with morons" and just want their stuff gone). Freedompop is currently a great place for cheap burner phone access.

Lol, that's pretty good.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

Such a good choice on that thing

Also I may be in your area a few times in the next few months :ninja:

Goonmeet? Goonmeet. I am based in the southern part of the Salt Lake valley, smack dead center between Salt Lake and Provo. If you are in that area we can definitely meet up and grab dinner. Just give me a little heads up a week or before so I can let Mrs Heroic know. Hopefully you get to come in later April or May when the state turns green and pretty rather than all brown.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

As Nero Danced posted:

I'll check when I get home. pretty sure it has the crossmember but I don't remember. And yeah, manual brakes suck- I know that was how it was done back then but screw that.

Current names I'm toying with are the Vomit Comet or Freddie Mercury.

Oh, God, my '70 Cutlass had manual drums all around (in '70!) when I got it. Braking effort was up there.
I wrecked it 3 weeks after
i got it when a lady made a left turn across traffic in front of me. It got power front discs while it was being rebuilt.

e: typo

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

tehk posted:

Please describe, in as few words as possible, the response of normal S2000 owners when they see under the hood.

Double points for haiku form.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

MrYenko posted:

Please describe, in as few words as possible, the response of normal S2000 owners when they see under the hood.

They say "why did you take the honda motor out... 9000 rpm. like a motorcycle" and then have a stroke. To put it in perspective my thread here has more views/likes/post than on S2ki where I have 2.

tehk fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 27, 2017

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

MrYenko posted:

They don't understand.
Corvette engine in small car,
The best of both worlds.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Big motor small car
No motorcycle engine
Other owners sad

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Huge four fifty four
Dwarfs two-liter microdick
"B-but it revs high!"

Aleks_r
May 13, 2005

Fili Dilecti Sanctae Barbarae
This italian heart breaker is what i drive every day. I had a B5 Passat Variant 1.8T before i bought this one, and although i thought it was cool as hell it was getting a bit long in the tooth (160.000 miles on the odometer), and i was tired of changing the oil and filter every 5000 miles.

And so, i swallowed the entire "La meccanica delle emozioni"-thing they have going on with hook, line and sinker and got the Alfa Romeo. So far, the "emozionis" i've felt the most is the anguish when my money is waving good bye to my bank account and any further dealings with me. I had to shell out like $4000 for an entirly new gear box (the M32 gearbox is a masterpiece of tight packaging - but Getrag neglected the fact that the shafts carrying the 5th and 6th gear actually need lubricating oil to work like assumed, so the bearings spin their races and then explode, taking with it the gearbox casing and anything else that happens to be in the way) and it looks like i might have to buy some new xenon ballasts as well. Oh well, one never needs to worry about what to spend money on when owning an Alfa Romeo!

BUT IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!

2008 Alfa Romeo 159 Ti Sport Wagon 16V

Oh, and it's a diesel.

Aleks_r fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Aleks_r posted:

This italian heart breaker is what i drive every day. I had a B5 Passat Variant 1.8T before i bought this one, and although i thought it was cool as hell it was getting a bit long in the tooth (160.000 miles on the odometer), and i was tired of changing the oil and filter every 5000 miles.

And so, i swallowed the entire "La meccanica delle emozioni"-thing they have going on with hook, line and sinker and got the Alfa Romeo. So far, the "emozionis" i've felt the most is the anguish when my money is waving good bye to my bank account and any further dealings with me. I had to shell out like $4000 for an entirly new gear box (the M32 gearbox is a masterpiece of tight packaging - but Getrag neglected the fact that the shafts carrying the 5th and 6th gear actually need lubricating oil to work like assumed, so the bearings spin their races and then explode, taking with it the gearbox casing and anything else that happens to be in the way) and it looks like i might have to buy some new xenon ballasts as well. Oh well, one never needs to worry about what to spend money on when owning an Alfa Romeo!

BUT IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!

2008 Alfa Romeo 159 Sport Wagon 16V

Oh, and it's a diesel.
Buon viaggio!