Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pi In The Sky
Dec 31, 2015

Devor posted:

A block of yellorium below the crucible does 25x, and is safe

Good to know. Little boring, in my opinion, but still good to know.

Devor posted:

A nuclear bomb does 50x, but if it explodes you'll have a bad day

Yeah, little too rich for my blood. I'm just accident prone enough that I don't trust myself with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perpetual
Sep 7, 2007
Unless something has changed since I played AGSkies2 last, I think the fastest early option is actually burning netherrack, which gives 3x versus lava's 2x. It's a bit noisy, but safer and faster than lava. I didn't know about yellorium blocks, will have to give that a shot next time.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Perpetual posted:

Unless something has changed since I played AGSkies2 last, I think the fastest early option is actually burning netherrack, which gives 3x versus lava's 2x. It's a bit noisy, but safer and faster than lava. I didn't know about yellorium blocks, will have to give that a shot next time.

Melting Netherrack also produces more Lava than Cobblestone.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Devor posted:

A nuclear bomb does 50x, but if it explodes you'll have a bad day

Well I've found my peakmoddedminecraft.txt right here.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

bbcisdabomb posted:

Well I've found my peakmoddedminecraft.txt right here.

Someone get direwolf to put a nuke under his crucibles so palimar can blow up their base with something other than creepers and withers.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Block of yellorite does not work in skyfactory 3. I heard that blocks of uranium do, but I guess the only way to get those is with the lens of the miner on stone and pray to RNG...

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Do people use Mo's Creatures these days? I feel like it had some big problems with really aggressive mobs years ago but since I'm just coming back I don't really know.
Is there a better, lighter creature mod? I haven't really found any. Just something to make the worlds a bit less empty I guess?

edit: I guess I should specify, for 1.10

Daynab fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 14, 2017

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Mo Creeps and Weardos has been updated for version 1.7.10, the best version of Minecraft:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSwMkW35N74

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Rutibex posted:

Mo Creeps and Weardos has been updated for version 1.7.10, the best version of Minecraft:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSwMkW35N74
Your lack of loyalty towards 1.2.5 is disappointing.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyTolradi posted:

Your lack of loyalty towards 1.2.5 is disappointing.

I have found that people have started porting old abandoned mods from various versions to 1.7.10. It has become the defacto standard for many people. Modders are still developing for 1.7.10 even though the actual Minecraft version has moved on. Thats what I've always wanted! A stable version of Minecraft that modders can build on (without having to constantly update their poo poo). Someone even updated Dimension Doors for 1.7.10 :D
https://github.com/CannibalVox/DimDoors/releases

I can't use Equivalent Exchange and Dimension Doors in 1.2.5. Clearly 1.7.10 is the best Minecraft version.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Ambaire posted:

Block of yellorite does not work in skyfactory 3. I heard that blocks of uranium do, but I guess the only way to get those is with the lens of the miner on stone and pray to RNG...

Chickens man, nuclear chickens

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Rutibex posted:

I have found that people have started porting old abandoned mods from various versions to 1.7.10. It has become the defacto standard for many people. Modders are still developing for 1.7.10 even though the actual Minecraft version has moved on. Thats what I've always wanted! A stable version of Minecraft that modders can build on (without having to constantly update their poo poo). Someone even updated Dimension Doors for 1.7.10 :D
https://github.com/CannibalVox/DimDoors/releases

I can't use Equivalent Exchange and Dimension Doors in 1.2.5. Clearly 1.7.10 is the best Minecraft version.
TARDIS mod is all 1.10.2 is missing, IMHO.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I seem to have encountered an interesting limitation with tesseracts. There's only so many blocks you can shove through on a single channel per second. :/

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Ak Gara posted:

I seem to have encountered an interesting limitation with tesseracts. There's only so many blocks you can shove through on a single channel per second. :/
I think your example is taking it to an extreme that is a very unlikely scenario for most players.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I probably shouldn't have changed the mining lasers "work needed" from 300 to 30, effectively making the 3,750 lasers output 37,500 lasers worth.

On the other hand, the 300 elite Injection > Purifying > Crushing > Enriching > Smelting factory arrays are able to cope just fine!

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Black Pants posted:

I recently upgraded from a really old 3.2ghz AMD Phenom II to a still really old but slightly less so AMD FX-6300 that I've overclocked to 4ghz, entirely on the basis that I wasn't able to play heavily-modded Minecraft and watch videos/streams at the same time. Granted I really overload my computer at all times so someone else might have a better time but still I dunno.

I was playing (slowly) on a 7 watt intel NUC. It plays skyfactory 3 at ~20fps when another machine hosts - stopgap since I have more kids than game machines.

Up to two local servers now - one is endgame of just my stuff, and the other is just at early farming and smelting that I'm using to teach the kids advanced mods. I'll probably use that one as an excuse to learn enderIO.

One of the few pack choices I actively dislike - rftools dimlets are completely endgame. You've had to kill the ender dragon, repeatedly (wither farm to respawn him too) and get massive powergen to get the the draconic infusers to get wyvern level draconic infusers to get awakened draconium. For all that - you get B:voidOnly=true ????

So I turned it off. Random dimlets with terrain generators can be amazingly fun to explore.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

blightfall relapse observations:

* in my first time through i never bothered going for steel, and what a mistake that was, steel owns
* but bloodwood owns even more, now all of our tools are made out of renewable, irritating-to-cut-because-lumber-axes-don't-work bloodwood, was totally worth blowing all that rep on sapling bags
* skipping lightning wands entirely as charging them is a pain in the rear end, going to use crossbows instead
* damascus steel wears out too quickly :saddowns:

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

blightfall relapse observations:

* in my first time through i never bothered going for steel, and what a mistake that was, steel owns
* but bloodwood owns even more, now all of our tools are made out of renewable, irritating-to-cut-because-lumber-axes-don't-work bloodwood, was totally worth blowing all that rep on sapling bags
* skipping lightning wands entirely as charging them is a pain in the rear end, going to use crossbows instead
* damascus steel wears out too quickly :saddowns:

Make dat electrum-limbed slime-bodied gatling crossbow with tartarite/enderium bolts. You know you want to.

Edit: yeah signallum, I dun goofed

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 15, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Black Pants posted:

Make dat electrum-limbed slime-bodied gatling crossbow with tartarite/enderium bolts. You know you want to.

it's actually already done (signalum limbed,) but the enderium bolts have, like, 24 total shots before it runs out, so we are gunning for tartarite before we unleash the fury

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there had been talk of a blightfall 2 but the creator seems to have just dropped off the face of the earth

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?

Johnny Joestar posted:

there had been talk of a blightfall 2 but the creator seems to have just dropped off the face of the earth

He's a friend of mine IRL. He's working on his thesis, so yeah "dropped off the face of the earth" is pretty accurate.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Syka posted:

He's a friend of mine IRL. He's working on his thesis, so yeah "dropped off the face of the earth" is pretty accurate.

as good of a reason as any! i hope it goes well for him.

Leavy
Feb 15, 2003

rufus

Johnny Joestar posted:

that would be amazing, Blightfall remains my favorite pack I've ever played, and I started in the IC2/BC 1.2whatever stone age.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

yeah, a blightfall with an updated thaumcraft (assuming azanor ever finishes thaumcraft 6) would be amazing, the research mechanics in 4 suck total rear end compared to 5

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
anyone have a link to the blightfall-specific thread from back when it was getting enough posts to warrant its own thread

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

President Ark posted:

anyone have a link to the blightfall-specific thread from back when it was getting enough posts to warrant its own thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739257

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Get yourself an MFR harvester & autonomous activator & automate that crap. Last game I had renewable metallum, ordo, permutatio, etc. so that meant infinite materials without having to go whole hog on Botania & mining lasers.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Nevets posted:

Get yourself an MFR harvester & autonomous activator & automate that crap. Last game I had renewable metallum, ordo, permutatio, etc. so that meant infinite materials without having to go whole hog on Botania & mining lasers.

How do you even do this? I've never done that part of Thaumcraft before.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

My friends and I have a modded server running the FTB hermitpack and I was wondering if anyone knows of anything to do with the Creosote Oil that comes out of the Immersive Engineering coke furnace? From what I've been able to tell without Railcraft installed the IE version of the oil isn't compatible with any of the various fluid burning generators that come with the mod pack. and my friends and I don't need that much treated wood. Right now I'm just voiding most of it.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

8one6 posted:

My friends and I have a modded server running the FTB hermitpack and I was wondering if anyone knows of anything to do with the Creosote Oil that comes out of the Immersive Engineering coke furnace? From what I've been able to tell without Railcraft installed the IE version of the oil isn't compatible with any of the various fluid burning generators that come with the mod pack. and my friends and I don't need that much treated wood. Right now I'm just voiding most of it.
TBH, nothing much really. In IE it has no further use, and unless the pack has something like Advanced Generators (which IIRC can use creosote for power in 1.10.2), voiding it is really all you can do.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

8one6 posted:

Treated wood is all I do with it. It's kind of more useless than it should be. The treated planks don't even burn better.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Black Pants posted:

Haha okay yeah that's a suitable way of doing it too. I don't think I ever actually found any of the videos explaining AE2 useful though, actually. It wasn't until I poured over the official documentation and mashed the pieces together myself that I actually figured any of it out.

If any one is interested in an AE2 how to, these guys do about the best AE2 walk through video out on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjrMS4EhBEU

Kinda boring, but it lacks most of the typical youtuber BS.

Video one is mostly just about how to get the resources the mod runs on, so if your just looking for a better understanding of the network and cable system start at video two.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Black Pants posted:

How do you even do this? I've never done that part of Thaumcraft before.

Using multiple alchemical furnaces & arcane alembics you can get ignis & potentia from charcoal, & perditio from cobble. Add some more charcoal to these & pipe them into a thaumotorium and you have an infinite source of alumentum to power your furnaces.

For metallum, make a bloodwood tree farm using an mfr harvester & autonomous activator (since planters won't work upside down), send the wood through a sawmill, and boil the planks down in an alchemical furnace for metallum & void the rest if you don't need it.

Now you make multiple alchemical furnaces -> thaumotorium lines, one for each ingot type you want to make. Use the furnaces to melt a renewable block to get the secondary aspect of the ingot (sandstone -> ordo for lead, glass -> vitreum for tin, etc.) voiding the rest, and combine that with metallum in the thaumotorium & some nuggets to get even more nuggets. Pipe the nuggets back in & the machine will run whenever it has enough aspects to work.

The tricks to making it work realiably:
A: Only use the minimum number of alembics per furnace & just void the unused stuff.
B: Label every jar & alembic so nothing goes where it shouldn't.
C: No shared pipelines, just one aspect each.

As for making gold I found my mob farms gives plenty of golden trousers, etc. Repair them in the whatchamacallit with instrumentum which if I recall you can get from flint, then melt them down in the TC smeltery. Alternatively don't repair them and melt them down for aspects instead since durability doesn't matter there.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Nevets posted:

As for making gold I found my mob farms gives plenty of golden trousers, etc. Repair them in the whatchamacallit with instrumentum which if I recall you can get from flint, then melt them down in the TC smeltery. Alternatively don't repair them and melt them down for aspects instead since durability doesn't matter there.

You can also get lucrum from emeralds, which you can get from autospawning villagers and smelting them down in a TC smeltery. You probably won't need so much gold that you need to go that far though, and emeralds are super common to mine in the arid biomes anyway.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

help, i'm a big retard and can't work out how to get Project Ozone 2 on the FTB launcher. i have never played a mod on it that isn't on the FTB Modpacks or 3rd Party Packs by default

also i can't get over how much i loathe the useless pseudo-questbook from Skyfactory 3, which is why i've stopped playing it, so if Ozone's got the same thing then please let me know and i will stop my flailings

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Project Ozone 2 uses the actual branch-based quest book, not the useless checklist.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Evil Mastermind posted:

Project Ozone 2 uses the actual branch-based quest book, not the useless checklist.

Although, notably, the rewards are awful. Just a bunch of chance cubes. But yes, it is better than the checklist in SF3.0

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

At least an actual quest setup will guide you and sort-of teaches you how to use all these mods. SkyFactory is another of those "okay, you know how to use all these mods, right? Okay, cool" setups that drive me up the wall.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i mean that's great and all but how do i play this bleedin' modpack. the technic launcher is easy, the curse launcher is bad and not intuitive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

help, i'm a big retard and can't work out how to get Project Ozone 2 on the FTB launcher. i have never played a mod on it that isn't on the FTB Modpacks or 3rd Party Packs by default

also i can't get over how much i loathe the useless pseudo-questbook from Skyfactory 3, which is why i've stopped playing it, so if Ozone's got the same thing then please let me know and i will stop my flailings
I don't think it's on the ftb launcher. You need to use the curse launcher or CPMDL which is better than that dumpster fire of a launcher.

If it were on the ftb launcher you'd have to get the pack code from the project ozone site or reddit or whatever, put in the pack code in the launcher, and then it shows up.