Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
MILF (Mom I'd Love to Fight)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

anime was right posted:

yo guys wait for the arc to end. you get better jokes that way.

The current title is not necessarily from this arc though.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Spanish Matlock posted:

traditionally when the arc ends the OP has made a new thread and asked for titles then v:shobon:v traditions yo

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
One Piece Manga Thread 14: E/N My Fiance Wants to Marry Then Assassinate Me. Help Goons?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

anime was right posted:

traditionally when the arc ends the OP has made a new thread and asked for titles then v:shobon:v traditions yo
The OP hasn't posted since November, we are a crew without a captain.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
How can you have any Pudding if you don't eat your meat?!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

one piece: third eye bride

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i don't know any of their songs but you can probably build off that

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

okay Third Eye Bride - Semicharmed Wife

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Crazyeyes posted:

One Piece Thread 14: BBW is Obsessed With My Bone!

This one plz.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

DrakePegasus posted:

OP Thread 14: GIS Big Mom Bone Rubbing

Winner

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

oddium posted:

one piece: third eye bride
I only appreciate this as a 90's kid. Nobody else would understand. Only 90's kids.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

RealFoxy posted:

I only appreciate this as a 90's kid. Nobody else would understand. Only 90's kids.

Alternatively, just "Third Eye Blind" would also work on a couple different levels.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

:cheers:

One Piece Thread 14: Going Up in Vinsmoke

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Spanish Matlock posted:

It was from the ending of the last major arc though, that's why there was a title change by the mod I think. We could start a new thread when this arc ends, who knows, there might be better titles when it ends as this arc seems quite ripe of potential good titles.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

BoneMonkey posted:

Christ there is a lot of homophobia aimed at Mr 2. Is that just the scans I'm reading or does Oda actually write human being at his characters?

The old One Piece scanners were a mixture of Japanese readers, homophobes and racists.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh, we're playing this game? Okay.

One Piece: I Couldn't Save a Single Thread Title
One Piece: Have Your Whole Cake Island and Punch It, Too
One Piece: Bones Rubbing Stones

That's all I got for now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DeadBonesBrook posted:

The old One Piece scanners were a mixture of Japanese readers, homophobes and racists.

that's word for word what's in the color version I've been reading

what was it in japanese that this is what they got

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i think it's saying something like "does the champ make the afro, or does the afro make the champ ??" and they translated afro as blacks

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Also the whole afro thing is a reference to a Japanese boxer who was a world champion in the 70's.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Has there ever been a thread based around awful scans? That could be really funny.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

it's this one.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
If/when Luffy takes out Big Mom, would that automatically put him in with the Yonko? Isn't that how Blackbeard got in? I mean, the dude didn't take Whitebeard out himself but he got a lot of the credit for it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh he ain't gonna settle for just being a Yonkou.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

If/when Luffy takes out Big Mom, would that automatically put him in with the Yonko? Isn't that how Blackbeard got in? I mean, the dude didn't take Whitebeard out himself but he got a lot of the credit for it.

Blackbeard became a Yonko because he ( his crew. Whatever) killed Whitebeard and then he spent several years going around and gobbling up territory in the New World. Luffy ain't got the patience for that.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Crazyeyes posted:

Blackbeard became a Yonko because he ( his crew. Whatever) killed Whitebeard and then he spent several years going around and gobbling up territory in the New World. Luffy ain't got the patience for that.

Would Luffy's allieship with various countries help? Dude helped save Alabasta and is buddy buddy with the royal family, he saved Drum and helped install the new king, he deposed Doflamingo and changed the government of Dessarossa, quieted an uprising on Fishman island and has the ear of the King (his apparent marriage to the queen of Amazon Lily doesn't count since it's hush hush but that could be made public I suppose if anyone else heard Hancock's proclamation at Marineford). Add to that his armada which include's Kid's ships and the back up of the Amazons, every single one of the major events he's been a part of and then he takes out a Yonko?

I have to think that puts him in the running.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

OldTennisCourt posted:

Would Luffy's allieship with various countries help? Dude helped save Alabasta and is buddy buddy with the royal family, he saved Drum and helped install the new king, he deposed Doflamingo and changed the government of Dessarossa, quieted an uprising on Fishman island and has the ear of the King (his apparent marriage to the queen of Amazon Lily doesn't count since it's hush hush but that could be made public I suppose if anyone else heard Hancock's proclamation at Marineford). Add to that his armada which include's Kid's ships and the back up of the Amazons, every single one of the major events he's been a part of and then he takes out a Yonko?

Its an influence/territory thing though in the New World. He basically only has Fishman Island Zou and Dressrosa atm. After taking her out of whatever he can probably be in the running though yeah.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
How many islands does Mom control? Could an argument be made that those islands pass to him?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

When you list out all of Luffy's political upheavals like this it actually sounds like he's more of a Revolutionary than the actual Revolutionary Army, hand over your title please Dragon

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

OldTennisCourt posted:

How many islands does Mom control? Could an argument be made that those islands pass to him?

We only know of Toto land and Fishman Island.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

OldTennisCourt posted:

No, because after Whitebeard died all of his territory didn't just transfer to Blackbeard. Fishman Island was WB territory, but Big Mom claimed it after his death. It just becomes a power grab.

I also reckon that everyone's going to want to start calling Luffy an Emperor and he's going to vehemently deny it like at the end of Dressrosa. All he cares about is becoming the Pirate King and he doesn't have time for half-baked titles like 'Emperor.'

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it's sengoku jidai but with islands

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Defeating a Yonko doesn't automatically promote the victor, I wouldn't think. That said, it would absolutely destabilize the current stalemate between the great powers, as it would show the world that Big Mom can also be defied, causing her to lose influence.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
One Piece Manga Thread 14: Me? I Have No Bones About It

Crazyeyes posted:

Apparently Blackbeard officially got the Yonkou title after the Grudge War with the Marco-led remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates at some point during the timeskip. They talk about it at the end of Zou.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Payback_War

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 14, 2017

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

One Piece Manga Thread 14: Me? I Have No Bones About It

Apparently Blackbeard officially got the Yonkou title after the Grudge War with the Marco-led remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates at some point during the timeskip. They talk about it at the end of Zou.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Payback_War

The Payback War was certainly relevant as that could be called BB officially putting an "end" to WB's crew as it was, but his capturing of territories is probably more relevant to the title itself.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
BB always claimed he was replacing Whitebeard from the moment he actually killed Whitebeard (This is MY ERA!!!) but the world only took it seriously after he beat Marco in a straight fight, that's why.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Kild posted:

Its an influence/territory thing though in the New World. He basically only has Fishman Island Zou and Dressrosa atm. After taking her out of whatever he can probably be in the running though yeah.

Does that mean Shanks claims territory then? I don't recall any mention of it, but it's not an unbelievable idea that he could stake claim for good reason, same as Luffy claiming Fishman Island. He's certainly had the time to do it given that he seems to have no interest in the title of Pirate King despite the fact he must know the location of Raftel.

Kild posted:

We only know of Toto land and Fishman Island.

Didn't Luffy and co. stop at at least one other island before Totoland?

Also, did the news crews capture Blackbeard failing to kill Whitebeard and needing his crew to do it, despite Whitebeard already being on death's door? That seems like the kind of thing that would be significant if they did, given that it would give most people cause to doubt his strength and resist the idea of him taking over Big Mom's territory - necessitating him doing it by force.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

tsob posted:

Does that mean Shanks claims territory then? I don't recall any mention of it, but it's not an unbelievable idea that he could stake claim for good reason, same as Luffy claiming Fishman Island. He's certainly had the time to do it given that he seems to have no interest in the title of Pirate King despite the fact he must know the location of Raftel.
Ya for protection I'm sure he's claimed some not that I know any off hand.

quote:

Didn't Luffy and co. stop at at least one other island before Totoland?

The whole archipelago is called Totoland

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Oh right, that makes more sense. I thought Totoland was just another name for Whole Cake Island or something. Is Totoland the entirety of her dominion then, and not just one particular archipelago? Or is her nation just one huge archipelago with the name Totoland used to refer to both her territory and that archipelago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
So how does everyone see the Big Bads going from here on?

Mom ---> Kaido ---->Edward Weevil --------> Buggy maybe? ---------> Blackbeard