Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Pratihara's doing pretty well. Go gently caress them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Yeah it looks like there's some serious blobs tooling around. Go gently caress em' up.

Also how the hell are you called Midgard? That's loving cool.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The only thing I remember about India in my experience is that tiger hunts didn't seem worth doing at all. They did only bad things to me.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Honky Dong Country posted:

Yeah it looks like there's some serious blobs tooling around. Go gently caress em' up.

Also how the hell are you called Midgard? That's loving cool.

It's just renamed Britannia. With the Jorvik start it's the first one you usually get but it didn't feel right calling my Norse empire that so I decided that if I was going to be leader of all the Germanic faithful I should have an empire to match.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Goddammit, why the hell do duchies default to the most garbage laws possible? All of my duchies have decent centralization, full ruler authority and whatnot, yet my son has a demesne limit of loving 1.

Why does this happen? It used to be newly created things inherited your laws right? I know the negative poo poo does, so why not the positive?

edit: ugh I'm just gonna abandon this run, forgot to check my levvies and because I let the stupid fuckers on the council have power to keep the peace for the ambition (which was then ruined by a revolt) I didn't realize that being just 2 over your demesne limit of loving 10 cut it by a third and it doesn't regen quickly

No way am I winning the Holy War for Afar when they got 4K and I have maybe 3. UGH.

Goddamn stupid game mechanics that I fail at

Also, why the hell was the "Change religion" thing turned into a lifetime only thing rather than having it on a few decade toggle, same as crown laws for immortals? Did the Indians really need more things to make them dull?

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Feb 12, 2017

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Goddammit, why the hell do duchies default to the most garbage laws possible? All of my duchies have decent centralization, full ruler authority and whatnot, yet my son has a demesne limit of loving 1.

I don't know about the duchies, is it because your son isn't your current character's rank yet?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Ah, no I was inexact, sorry. I granted him a newly created duchy, while my main laws were medium centralization, full ruler authority and so on, this means that the min should be 5.

Now, when you land a kid, it's common enough that they get hosed over on council laws, that's fine. But centralization cannot be hosed with and so it must have defaulted to no laws.

Also not being able to assign a regent for my kid is nonsense. I'm not just his liege, I'm his dad. Mr Chuchklefuck the 0 stewardship belongs in the oubliette, not as a regent for a duchy.

Btw, after having played a few other games recently, I'd just want to add how loving good it feels that CK2 just lets me be a horrible tyrant but doesn't arbitrarily forbid me from doing poo poo ~because of game mechanics~

It is goddamn sweet to just take those you've grown irritated with and have them imprisoned, tortured, strip them of titles then released. Good stuff.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
So, I'm the emperor of the Byzantine Empire and I'm also an idiot. My son came of age and I wanted to give him a duchy and maybe even a kingdom. Since I didn't have any counties laying about, I gave him Constantinople. Thinking I'd grant him another duchy and then reclaim Constantinople trough the intrigue menu. Anyway, I had a brain fart and revoked it before I granted him something else.
Now he left my court for the HRE and doesn't want to come back. What are my options?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

shut up blegum posted:

So, I'm the emperor of the Byzantine Empire and I'm also an idiot. My son came of age and I wanted to give him a duchy and maybe even a kingdom. Since I didn't have any counties laying about, I gave him Constantinople. Thinking I'd grant him another duchy and then reclaim Constantinople trough the intrigue menu. Anyway, I had a brain fart and revoked it before I granted him something else.
Now he left my court for the HRE and doesn't want to come back. What are my options?

Do you have Conclave? Can you buy a favor and use it to force him to come back?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Various Meat Products posted:

Do you have Conclave? Can you buy a favor and use it to force him to come back?

Yes and no. It's kinda stupid that the 'grant landed title' is grayed out. I mean, it's my son and I'm the emperor!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
So I can't excommunicate this guy who is attacking me (A crusader) and not the heretics in the crusade.

WHY THE gently caress does the Pope have a positive opinion of this wrathful lunatic? That makes no goddamn sense. It makes anti-sense.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Veryslightlymad posted:

So I can't excommunicate this guy who is attacking me (A crusader) and not the heretics in the crusade.

WHY THE gently caress does the Pope have a positive opinion of this wrathful lunatic? That makes no goddamn sense. It makes anti-sense.

Get yourself an anti-pope

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I eventually noticed it was for an old woman's claim so I married her to an old man in my court and then tried to murder her.

Then she died of old age, so, :effort:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Just FYI, I'm not going to be involved with CK2 anymore. I passed on the India stuff and it might or might not get looked at. Hopefully you'll enjoy M&M.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Darkrenown posted:

Just FYI, I'm not going to be involved with CK2 anymore. I passed on the India stuff and it might or might not get looked at. Hopefully you'll enjoy M&M.

Nooooooo. But you are still working at Paradox, right :ohdear:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Torrannor posted:

He the new Vicky 3 lead.

Edit: wait does that mean M&M is finished and almost ready fro release?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Wait, CK2 is having a Mutants & Masterminds DLC?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Torrannor posted:

For now. I'll be on HoI, but not in any special role, so I'm not going to get involved in the HoI thread.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-41-secret-religious-cults.999496/

New Dev Diary! This time it's secret religious cults, so you can be secretly Jewish while publicly Sunni.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
So if you make glitterhoof a bishop it adds the hat.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Goast posted:

:sbahj:

In case anyone's faith that this is one of the greatest games of all time was wavering.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Rumda posted:

Edit: wait does that mean M&M is finished and almost ready fro release?

Yeah, the DD says they're "essentially finished work on the upcoming expansion", so I imagine it's being tested and a release date will be announced in the next week or two. (next DD says they'll be talking about patch notes soooo....)

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Goast posted:

This is the first step in turning the whole world Horse.

Do it and post updates.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-41-secret-religious-cults.999496/

New Dev Diary! This time it's secret religious cults, so you can be secretly Jewish while publicly Sunni.

well that doesn't change much for me, I've always been secretly shiite at this game

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 11, 2018

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
We need a "Secretly a Goon" society for After the End.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Zero One posted:

This is the first step in turning the whole world Horse.

Do it and post updates.

Sadly horses can't have horse children.

EDIT: Oh my god I should have made him an antipope before he died.

Goast fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 13, 2017

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Darkrenown posted:

This is not good. :sadwave:

Unless there is a secret CK2 society at Paradox, ostensibly adopting other games but surreptitiously advancing the interests of Crusader Kings the whole time...

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Darkrenown posted:

Best of luck to you on Victoria 3!

fakeedit: Or Rome 2!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

"What better gift for your loved one this Valentine's Day than the premier rape, murder and incest simulator?"

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

"What better gift for your loved one this Valentine's Day than the premier rape, murder and incest simulator?"

Don't kinkshame.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Goast posted:

Sadly horses can't have horse children.

EDIT: Oh my god I should have made him an antipope before he died.

When you land them they generate courtiers of Horse culture who can have kids.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/4mo3rd/from_norse_to_horse_20_how_a_horse_exterminated/

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Zero One posted:

When you land them they generate courtiers of Horse culture who can have kids.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/4mo3rd/from_norse_to_horse_20_how_a_horse_exterminated/

Or have Glitterhoof educate children so they gain horse culture, then land them,

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

I can FINALLY be Donald Trump, King of Armenia, and go around hunting down secret Muslims. :getin:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Can you send Glitterhoof to assemble a mercenary band? Or give him a city, and make a horse cultured merchant republic?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Buddy, you can gently caress Glitterhoof.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Glitterhoof and the demon child are pretty much the only event chains I haven't done, and I need to just manually fire them off some time so I can play around with the random crazy stuff.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

For now. I'll be on HoI, but not in any special role, so I'm not going to get involved in the HoI thread.

That's too bad, its always nice with a developer in the thread regardless of role.
Who will take over CK2? And will they grace this thread with their presence?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

binge crotching posted:

Glitterhoof and the demon child are pretty much the only event chains I haven't done, and I need to just manually fire them off some time so I can play around with the random crazy stuff.

I've had Glitterhoof on consecutive rulers. Try going mad more often.

Glitterhoof is actually pretty boring if you're not RPing, to be honest. Everyone hates him because he's a different culture and he has 0 Intrigue, so you can get him assassinated almost instantly with no effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Buddy, you can gently caress Glitterhoof.

And let's be honest, why wouldn't you?

• Locked thread