Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Samizdata posted:

So, you didn't read the bit about the Geneva Convention then? (Also, it's not salt, it is generally ammonium chloride.)

(Also, I am American. I just read a lot about weird foods.)

We did ammonium chloride chat a couple threads ago. Those super salted skulls are all the rage around here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

We did ammonium chloride chat a couple threads ago. Those super salted skulls are all the rage around here

Yeah, I remember, but, when talking about lethal candies... (Thank God there's no surströmming gummies.)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

Exploring in Star Citizen is one of my favourite things to do, between the jacket section in the shop to the landing pads of Port Press Screens and then back to the shop it's quite the expedition

I bet you can't wait until 2074 when you'll be able to explore up to one-hundred space systems in your dedicated space ship explorer.

I bet you will be the one to discover Shopping Center 168 and buy the first hat from the already established shop!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I hear the socks are red in the other systems shops :allears:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I bet you can't wait until 2074 when you'll be able to explore up to one-hundred space systems in your dedicated space ship explorer.

I bet you will be the one to discover Shopping Center 168 and buy the first hat from the already established shop!

Forget that! I just can't wait for the next chance to use an Medipen from an unlabelled cabinet in an abandoned space station! Thank God there's not really any aliens so I don't have to worry about the medicine being human compatible!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
As Freud once said, sometimes a hateboner is just a hateboner

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

Well I'm not going there then.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

And you had better go get them so all the women can admire your strange alien space socks?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dooguk posted:

Well I'm not going there then.

It's ok! There are 99 others to go to after all

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Twerk17Gaming/status/831217804896505861

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This might still be my favorite cultist narrative. That this is all a hissy fit over not being allowed to lock down starsystems or whatever the gently caress it is they think people wanted.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

This might still be my favorite cultist narrative. That this is all a hissy fit over not being allowed to lock down starsystems or whatever the gently caress it is they think people wanted.

Did they just conjure that up from nowhere or is it based in fact? I've oft elected to wonder about that.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

$30

47 games with more to come.

Stardew Valley, Guacamelee, Swapper and more really good fun games.

quote:

This special one-week bundle features over $600 in incredible games and books for just $30. 100% of your payments will go to the American Civil Liberties Union, the International Rescue Committee, and Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). Humble Bundle will proudly match your contributions up to $300,000.

Get hosed CIG.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I think most people saw that they were oft selling poo poo and not oft making a game so they GTFO.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

Did they just conjure that up from nowhere or is it based in fact? I've oft elected to wonder about that.

Its a heavily distorted view of a time where goons apparently banded together and tried to tell CIG that some of their ideas were ridiculous. CIG "gave them the finger" and angry nerds have been using it as some sort of EVE-esque "take-over" or somesuch.

Unless I'm thinking of something else...

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

PC GAMING IS DEAD GUYS :byodood:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
A few years ago, the National Fraud Authority published an overview of scams and fraud. My favorite part is the bit about victims of fraud.

The UK Government posted:

The first observation of note is that there are many ‘unknowing’ victims of fraud. Such is the nature of some frauds many fall for them and unless contacted by a law enforcement agency would never know they have been defrauded. The best examples of these are some of the lottery and fake charity scams. Many people enter lotteries knowing winning is unlikely. Therefore, not receiving a prize is not an indication of fraud to them. Similarly, some people who give to charities may never learn it was in fact a scam.

Most scams, however, do eventually result in the victim finding out and ‘knowing’. These can be divided between those who report and those who don’t. Some of the reasons for non-reporting will be considered later in this section. There are also, however, the ‘unbelieving’ victims who are so taken in by a scam they will not believe it is one. For example the researchers were informed of some victims of investment frauds who were told at the point of payment by their financial institutions that it was a scam, but who thought they were merely frustrating their chances of making a ‘killing’ on an investment. These and many victims of mass marketing fraud have been termed what is known as ‘chronic victims’, responding to multiple requests by the scammers.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Xaerael posted:

PC GAMING IS DEAD GUYS :byodood:

It's OK Chris is saving it, haven't you heard?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Its a heavily distorted view of a time where goons apparently banded together and tried to tell CIG that some of their ideas were ridiculous. CIG "gave them the finger" and angry nerds have been using it as some sort of EVE-esque "take-over" or somesuch.

Unless I'm thinking of something else...

Oh right, that figures. If only CIG were ever to implement gameplay at all ever we'd be able to agree or disagree with them.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

At this point, I really have to ask (much like the Owl in the Tootsie Pop commercials): "How many ways can Elite scoop CIG?"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Samizdata posted:

At this point, I really have to ask (much like the Owl in the Tootsie Pop commercials): "How many ways can Elite scoop CIG?"

Fool scoop disengagaed

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

Oh right, that figures. If only CIG were ever to implement gameplay at all ever we'd be able to agree or disagree with them.

CIG can't do that though because they shut the door on those drat dirty goons!

Oh gently caress that was our home and the keys are inside and we're locked out fuuuuuuuuuuu

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Xaerael posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

$30

47 games with more to come.

Stardew Valley, Guacamelee, Swapper and more really good fun games.

Get hosed CIG.

I don't enjoy technically paying for another copy of the stanley parable but what the hell

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Fool scoop disengagaed

At this point, I am going to hope for a ladder and cage match between Braben and Crobber.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
They tried to use Ben as a battering ram but the crane they used folded in half

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Oh right if anyone wants an ouya code for broken age just give a holler

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

If you have to ask.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

If you have to ask.

They learned it from you, DAD!

THEY LEARNED IT FROM YOU!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Star Citizen will be their perfect game. Their perfect game will not include Goons. Therefore Goons are angry because they're not allowed in their perfect game.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

An OUYA code for Broken age? I'd be happy to take it if you have it! Also if someone's got a couple bux to gift me Amazing frog I wouldn't say no

:popeye:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

D_Smart posted:

I scrapped that project on advice from the more sensible people, and rational voices in my head.

Wait! According to :reddit: you're incapable of changing your opinion. And furthermore...

Archered Cat Tax:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Citizen will be their perfect game. Their perfect game will not include Goons. Therefore Goons are angry because they're not allowed in their perfect game.

Well whatever game 'goons' wanted, CIG does work hard to make sure we don't get it

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Basically what Jobbo said. I wasn't a goon at the time but my recollection of it is some people on the forums were trying to figure out exactly how 'MMO' CIG was trying to make this thing and asking whether or not people were going to be able to control territory and how pvp was going to work and Crobblers was just waving his hands and going "uh" a lot and promising some insanely stupid poo poo and some of Goonrathi guys were like "Hey this is loving dumb" and everyone else overreacted.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

We wear disguises, though, and answer 'yes' to the questions about our loyalty.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

New Hellion vid today, not seen it yet so posting it blind :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBF9t1REwsA

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 13, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

You know, the real low drag operators skip the weekend warrior stuff. We rock the elite stuff.

That will put them down nice and quiet. People really underestimate the tactical opportunities presented by licorice.

And, if we want them to go down hard and screaming, we bring the pain.

That's right. Salted licorice. I mean, I know it is banned under the Geneva Convention, but, this conversation is between friends, right? If not, I have a baggy in my pocket...

The second picture looks yucky. I have to do my wet work with kindness and a firm spanking hand.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

It's ok! There are 99 others to go to after all

Do they sell luftballons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Oh my! I am inspiration for a 'shop! GO ME!