Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That or we get a swarm of minifactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

More info on Terminal Directive: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/13/your-clearance-has-been-granted/

163 cards are confirmed to be tournament-legal; weird, irritating capitalization; Weyland cards that aren't obviously garbage on first glance

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Yithian posted:

Weyland cards that aren't obviously garbage on first glance
DAT ID THO

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

I'm really looking forward to Hunter Seeker-ing Icebreakers out of the game for a flat 2 credits!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Bye SIFR

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

There are definitely worse Weyland IDs, and it's 40/15.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That's a strong ID. People are probably gonna pack Fall Guys and trash prevention stuff in response, but that's thinking too far ahead.

Other cards: Colossus looks fun. Mr Stone is basically the inverse of the sort of Weyland card I want (when you do meat damage, give a tag) but might be fun to play around with. Paper Trail looks like the right kind of power level for a 4/2. Honeyfarm is probably only going into asset spam decks.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Paper Trail actually seems like a pretty reasonable neutral 4/2 agenda, which says a lot about the neutral 4/2 agendas that have been printed so far.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

The Deleter posted:

That's a strong ID. People are probably gonna pack Fall Guys and trash prevention stuff in response, but that's thinking too far ahead.
It also kills anything the runner bins due to hand size or Net/Brain damage, meaning "overdraw, pitch paperclip" just got a LOT less powerful, as did Levy'ing to get a second pass at your deck.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Great way to get rid of those pesky Siphons and Parasites.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Skorpios looks STRONG. That's a lot of recursion that you're shutting down. Their Parasites become one-shots, discarding conspiracy breakers becomes a huge risk, SMCs aren't getting clone chipped back... and that's before you Hunter Seeker their rig into the ground. And it's 40/15, geez.

Also MaxX just eats poo poo to it, not that she's a huge meta issue or anything, but still. That's a brutal matchup.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Until employee strike is mwl I'll keep on packing them, current wars will continue

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

It also kills anything the runner bins due to hand size or Net/Brain damage, meaning "overdraw, pitch paperclip" just got a LOT less powerful, as did Levy'ing to get a second pass at your deck.

Re-reading it, yeah, holy cow. That's really really good. Parasite/SIFR eats poo poo against it. Now to hope the other Weyland cards help make up for the rest of the faction's deficiencies...

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Netrunner is saved!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Skorpios, a better Builder of Nations.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

berenzen posted:

Skorpios, a better Builder of Nations.
This is damning with faint praise :v:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

In reality, it's loving scary. It doesn't do anything vs. discards so overdrawing the conspiracy breakers is still good, but events trash themselves when played, and DLR is totally hosed from it.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

It triggers off of Maxx's effect doesn't it? I'd like to see that matchup.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, every turn 1/3 cards gets removed from the game because it specifically calls out trashing from the top of the stack

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Really the only tragedy is that frantic coding gets completely hosed because that card is a blast to play.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I mean, you still get the install, just 1 of the other 9 cards is gone.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
It's a great design to put the breaks on tournament decks. You can no longer build your runner deck with the concept to recur endlessly if the threat of simply playing that ID is extant.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hunter killer or w/e is really the Weyland card I've wanted to see for a while. My only real issue with the ID is it fucks MaxX pretty badly, other than that it looks good- I haven't been a huge fan of remove from game effects but tying it to an ID seems an appropriate power level. I might pick this up for campaign play having not played constructed or bought packs in months, and if they rein in assetspam a little I might get back into the actual game

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

My only real issue with the ID is it fucks MaxX pretty badly
Jesminder and Argus came out in the same cycle. Both FFG and I am fine with hard counters existing.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Jesminder came out two cycles later than Argus and also doesn't get played

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Weyland is my favorite Corp, I am so keen for this Terminal Directive.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Am I really the only one who's in love with Black Level Clearance?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
I'm kinda worried about the permanent nature of Terminal Directive. I can get behind tokens and stuff, but stickers you have to permanently stick over things? Cards in packs that you can't open until you play.... I like replayability in my games and this seems a bit weird to me.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Pandemic Legacy totally owns, embrace the legacy mechanics.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

If it's too odd for you, put them over top of clear plastic sleeves

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Dehumanize yourself and face to stickers.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Arkham Horror seems to have this replayability down well enough. Oh well, I guess I'll have learn to embrace entropy.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

You don't have to destroy stuff if you don't want to, just keep notes of what you've chosen instead

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Legacy games own, RISK legacy owns, and I have Seafall on my shelf waiting for a group of Worthy Players.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Plavski posted:

I'm kinda worried about the permanent nature of Terminal Directive. I can get behind tokens and stuff, but stickers you have to permanently stick over things? Cards in packs that you can't open until you play.... I like replayability in my games and this seems a bit weird to me.

I believe the stickers go on the cardboard PAD that each player uses to track their choices. Pretty sure the actual cards don't get stickered.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

berenzen posted:

I mean, you still get the install, just 1 of the other 9 cards is gone.

All the Frantic Coding decks I've played are expecting to be able to Deja Vu/Retrieval Run femme/slums/vamp/employee strike, or install conspiracy breakers, or whatever. It's probably not worth it to play cards which bin a quarter of your deck if you can't reliably recur stuff.

That being said, frantic becoming less playable is a small price to pay for neutering blackmail/parasite recursion, and I desperately hope that Weyland ID is the real deal.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Since we're on this derail, how different is Pandemic Legacy from the base Pandemic game? Better? I like the idea. Also, can you hack the rules into the base game or do you need to buy Legacy?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Jimmy Hats posted:

Legacy games own, RISK legacy owns, and I have Seafall on my shelf waiting for a group of Worthy Players.

I have bad news about Seafall. it's bad!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Boardgame thread is a good place to start looking, but PL is pretty highly regarded. You can play with the base game on a new board but it gets pretty heavily modified as time goes on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

robotsinmyhead posted:

Since we're on this derail, how different is Pandemic Legacy from the base Pandemic game? Better? I like the idea. Also, can you hack the rules into the base game or do you need to buy Legacy?
The board is slightly different in terms of the connections between cities (Santiago is less isolated, for one thing). You can't turn the base game into Legacy easily; there are lots of extra rules/new roles/new stuff that pile up as time goes on. Plus you'd spoil Legacy for yourself in the process.

Game's good, you should buy it

• Locked thread