Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Oh. I dunno what the rest of those are, but I'm going to clear the Cid/Soul of the Hero level just in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm really having to fight the urge to make more FFIV pulls, but I guess I'll have to wait for the next FFIV event (which I'll have to save up for....I'm going to go all out to get Kain and Cecil's OSBs).

It does look like Rydia's OSB isn't going to come back for a long while though :smith:

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
After that event I'm running Rosa, Golbez, Zach, Cid IV, and I guess my starter guy. I'm not sure that's a coherent team, but those are the guys I have Soul Break relics for.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

If you're new, the power of Soul Breaks will carry you farther than a coherent team would

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Apocalypse Garland hits really hard. Don't attack with non-soul breaks until you've got your mitigation all set-up because he also AoE-counters hard.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Hogama posted:

Apocalypse Garland hits really hard. Don't attack with non-soul breaks until you've got your mitigation all set-up because he also AoE-counters hard.

To add, if you've never raided with goons, now is the time to start. Doing this with a pub crew is going to make you cry.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

100 gems: :skeltal::toot::siren:MYTHIC MARACAS:siren::toot::skeltal:

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 13, 2017

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Got Matoya's Black Robe from the dollar pull.

My second FF1 Soul Break. :toot:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Cid Mission was a pain in the rear end but I beat it. But I had to alter my plans cause I had thought Warrior of Light could use Steal Power but that's Wol. Had to egg Matoya, and S/L until things went my way. One of the tougher Cid Missions of late, but at least I didn't fail it and keep my weekly streak alive since the beginning.

KingReploid
Jan 18, 2013

"X" possesses great risks as well as great possibilities.
I just got a Ragnarok from the Lucky Draw please be my friend at FHze for 99999 damage explosions

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
CM done, but it cost 50 mythril and some anguish. 3/11 - Gigantaxe, Mythic Maracas, and Black Robe. The game really just doesn't want me to have any Burst relics without paying money for them. On the other hand, I feel like I have got my money's worth out of Mistleteinn now; love that Burst.

And now I find out the Fiends were all vulnerable to Slow. That's what I get for going off half-cocked and angry.

FeralWraith fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Feb 13, 2017

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Mastered the CM with the team I posted last page, bum clenching moments were:

- Lich hasting he self and spamming aoe -aras
- Marilith very nearly killing Warrior of Light with the 6 hits under draw fire
- Tiamat throwing out a first turn physical aoe for ~8k :gibs:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
That was an annoying CM, but mastered with zero FF1 soul breaks. All those Defender swords I reforged up to 7* helped greatly though. My team was WoL/Garland/WoL/Matoya/Sarah. Got everyone but Wol egged to 80. Brought Vessel of Fate RW and used it on Matoya.

WoL used Saints/Gaia Cross, Garland with Dark Bargain/Full Charge, Wol with Dismissal/Armor Breakdown. Matoya spammed Swiftspell and had Curaga as a backup heal. Sarah on straight healing duty. The plan was to get good RNG and burn it down quickly. Mission accomplished after the most S/LS in a while.

Basically, you don't need to pull either banner to get this done, even if you have little synergy and zero soul breaks.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Another test of will they or won't they is in the pipeline.

Also in the pipeline: a reveal of the next 4 Torment dungeons in JP after XII's Machinist mote dungeon.

8th - FFVIII, Ruby Dragon (Spellblade)
9th - FFIV, Golbez & Dark Dragon (Bard)
10th - FFXIII, Barthandelus (Machinist)
11th - FFXI, Dark Dragon & Seeker (Samurai)

Looks like DeNA's going to have to decide when they'll give us the missing goods by then.
...and it could be subject to change, but that's two Spellblade and Machinist appearances and no Ninja sightings as of yet.

In any event, the missing Torment realms after those will be I, VI, IX, XIV, and XV. (And Beyond/Type-0?)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Christ enough with Barthandelus already. Go to another well please.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Ok so even though I just beat the first ult, Affliction Break didn't seem to work on Astos. I still got blinded and silenced to hell. Thankfully Lifesyphon never misses and neither do most SBs.

So wtf is up with that? I spent all that time and effort beating the nightmare boss and all those resources crafting Affliction Break specifically so that I wouldn't have to deal with mass status bullshit like this.

I'm seriously calling foul on this.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Affliction Break halves status affliction rate. Astos' Blind and Silence have about 120% chance to hit, so AB brings that to 60%. You got slightly unlucky.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Things shouldn't have greater than 100% chance to hit. That doesn't even make any sense!

Anyway, Chaos only took me two tries and Affliction Break seemed to help on his stupid stop shenanigans.

Indomitable Blade loving owns. :c00l:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

This just in: AoE stop still obnoxious!

Even when it's predictable.

I still hate it.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I managed the FF1 CM. I had to burn a huge portion of my egg stockpile and I only managed it because I have WoL's burst, but I did it!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Somehow managed to solo Garland in multiplayer. Once he hits that blade of Chaos thing I swear his attacks were hitting for like several thousand through heavy mitigation!

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

paperwind posted:

That was an annoying CM, but mastered with zero FF1 soul breaks. All those Defender swords I reforged up to 7* helped greatly though. My team was WoL/Garland/WoL/Matoya/Sarah. Got everyone but Wol egged to 80. Brought Vessel of Fate RW and used it on Matoya.

WoL used Saints/Gaia Cross, Garland with Dark Bargain/Full Charge, Wol with Dismissal/Armor Breakdown. Matoya spammed Swiftspell and had Curaga as a backup heal. Sarah on straight healing duty. The plan was to get good RNG and burn it down quickly. Mission accomplished after the most S/LS in a while.

Basically, you don't need to pull either banner to get this done, even if you have little synergy and zero soul breaks.

Interesting, I'm gonna give this strategy a shot. I couldn't get through the 2nd boss in all my previous attempts where I was trying to mitigate the incoming damage. I do have Garland's Soulrender as my only FF1 SB, we'll see if that can get it done.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I didn't have any soul breaks for the I Cid Mission. I had a plan with Raines' BSB but it had WoL using Steal Power which he can't use cause I'm dumb, so I had to change it.

I used (all level 80, just one generic synergy sword)

Sarah: Curaja+Shellga
WoL: Gaia Cross+Saint Cross
Echo: Multi-break+Curaga
Matoya: Meltdown R1+Chain Thundaga R2
Wol: Tempo Flurry+Magic Breakdown(Shared protectga SB)

Vessel of Fate RW

Kraken was the most obnoxious one for me. Swiftspell from the RW was real important over the long haul of the fight. Had to S/L quite a few times before I really got a feel for how to use my abilities efficiently. My first attempt I got Tiamat to 95% dead before I ran out of juice, that's how close it was.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 13, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kawalimus posted:

Somehow managed to solo Garland in multiplayer. Once he hits that blade of Chaos thing I swear his attacks were hitting for like several thousand through heavy mitigation!

Ultimate Soul of Chaos works as an Ultimate Dispel on whoever it hits. So his attacks were hitting for several thousand because you didn't have heavy mitigation any more, he erased the Wall/Protectga/Shellga you had on whoever he smacked.

If anyone suggests bringing tauntaliate for that fight, that's mostly why - it's coded as PHY so it can be totally nullified.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Ultimate Soul of Chaos works as an Ultimate Dispel on whoever it hits. So his attacks were hitting for several thousand because you didn't have heavy mitigation any more, he erased the Wall/Protectga/Shellga you had on whoever he smacked.

If anyone suggests bringing tauntaliate for that fight, that's mostly why - it's coded as PHY so it can be totally nullified.

Well that certainly does explain it. Oh well, he still couldn't beat me. My mitigation tag team of Agrias and Vaan reigns supreme.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Was able to mostly cheese the dragons with a roaming Terra's OSB. Any advice on which roaming I should use for Chaos?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

The man called M posted:

Was able to mostly cheese the dragons with a roaming Terra's OSB. Any advice on which roaming I should use for Chaos?

I ended up using SG even though I have it native. Inevitably I couldn't put it back up between Stops and he'd just wipe the floor with me. Once I could control when to use the second SG it went much smoother.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Apocalypse Garland is cool. Just had a guy hit him with Blazing Twinstrike (absorbed) while literally every healer got countered to death.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Torment Barthandelus sounds like hell

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Jesus, I don't know how people are doing this CM without native SBs or synergy. I do okay until I reach Kraken, and then Ink hits my party for like 4000 and guarantees a wipe.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

U-DO Burger posted:

Jesus, I don't know how people are doing this CM without native SBs or synergy. I do okay until I reach Kraken, and then Ink hits my party for like 4000 and guarantees a wipe.

It was for almost that very reason that I made my now-regretted pull. Ask yourself: is losing 50 mythril on a gamble for a very underused realm worth 2 Major Earth Orbs? For my OCD, it was, but in reality, it really isn't.

Grozz Nuy posted:

A version of hell, yes. But if you want a real hell, the Ult+ bosses (and hence CM) for the XII event in two weeks are those goddamn Mandragoras.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

FeralWraith posted:

A version of hell, yes. But if you want a real hell, the Ult+ bosses (and hence CM) for the XII event in two weeks are those goddamn Mandragoras.

ugh

gently caress those stupid things and ff xii in general

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

U-DO Burger posted:

Get Wol and Echo to set up Power Breakdown and Multi-Break near immediately as you kill Marilith. Honestly, it's kind of a coin flip as to whether or not he's gonna Ink or Thundara your team, but Ink is more dangerous.

Personally, Matoya was going full Raines, Wol and Echo helped with debuffs. WoL and Echo chipped in some damage. Still ended up with 3/5ths of the party dead (Matoya and Wol were the only survivors).

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Barely got by that FF1 CM. I did the following:
WoL: Gaia Cross+Saint Cross
Wol: Magic Breakdown+Power Breakdown
Matoya: Slowaga+Ultra Cure (Shared Shell SB)
Sarah: Protectga+Curaja
Garland: Lifesiphon+Full Charge (Chaos Bringer SSB)
RW: Shout

Before I was RWing Vessel of Fate for Matoya, but found I wasn't doing enough damage and was suffering if they weren't healing. You could probably get by without Protectga if you had Gaia Cross active on WoL and defended during the 2nd boss, but WoL did so much damage, I killed it before I got AOE magic. Also lucked out in that I didn't get inked. WoL was the only person to survive and I was probably 1 second from wiping.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

UHD posted:

ugh

gently caress those stupid things and ff xii in general

You take that back :byodood:

FFXII HD this year :neckbeard:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Grozz Nuy posted:

i've already killed a 200-diff version of that rear end in a top hat and i'm in no hurry to do it again

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

It really, really, really does. Christ I hate every version of that stupid fight.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
FF13 has a lot of boss fights, pick literally any other one :negative:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Barthandelus Returns: Final Fantasy Record Keeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

FF13 has a lot of boss fights, pick literally any other one :negative:

I'd even take Bart #2 (the one where he's in white and gold armor) since at least that one doesn't have Ultimate Dispel. U Dispel in a d300 Full Throttle fight is going to be a bitch.

• Locked thread