Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

mugrim posted:

There's both rumors this election, as well as outright claims in Game Change, that Clinton promoted and paid people more often if they could come up with a math based justification for not having to visit anywhere too far outside major metro areas and that it was the biggest point of contention for planning her movements.

loving :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Nonsense posted:

The grass is always greener

if theres grass on the buttigieg, play ball

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

The gently caress is a fish fry?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I haven't been able to keep up with the 1000 posts a day this thread has, what happened to Keith ellison and why is a guy named butt the new hotness

ellison is a bad dem that goes to big money corporate fundraisers instead of marching with the people

buttigieg is a good dem that not only marches with protesters but was a bernie bro back in 2000

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mugrim posted:

There's both rumors this election, as well as outright claims in Game Change, that Clinton promoted and paid people more often if they could come up with a math based justification for not having to visit anywhere too far outside major metro areas and that it was the biggest point of contention for planning her movements.

So you're telling me that she wasn't actually enjoying chilling in Cedar Rapids, which at a population of 126,326 and a metro area of only 266,040 is only about 1/20th the size of New York?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

you guys keep saying buttigeig but conveniently leave out that his name is... pete

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I read both books twice over and I don't remember this

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Karl Barks posted:

you guys keep saying buttigeig but conveniently leave out that his name is... pete
BUTTIGIEG, also known as pete to his friends

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Karl Barks posted:

i wonder if he identifies more with big pete or little pete

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

mugrim posted:

clinton promoting and paying people more for not telling her to not leave metro areas is nonsense, but in the 2008 primary she did a LOT of rural visits. far more than 2016. she did so many that she actually dropped into picnics by helicopter. one of bill clinton's final 2008 iowa events was actually in missouri valley. rural was her base so this makes sense.

democratic presidential candidates in GEs don't usually do rural/small events that aren't fundraisers, so i'm sort of focusing on primaries here. i wouldn't be surprised if she detested rural events given how few she did in 2016. she did a lot of small "organizing events" with 70~ish people (with volunteers) during the primary, but she definitely hit more urban areas over and over again.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Thoguh posted:

So you're telling me that she wasn't actually enjoying chilling in Cedar Rapids, which at a population of 126,326 and a metro area of only 266,040 is only about 1/20th the size of New York?

Something tells me it's not the amount of people around NYC and Cali that make her want to stick around.

It's...something else. Idk what this woman wants above all else. Someone help me out here.

What does Hillary want above all else? 🤔

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Time for a a little Game Theory

Pick Pete

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Something tells me it's not the amount of people around NYC and Cali that make her want to stick around.

It's...something else. Idk what this woman wants above all else. Someone help me out here.

To crush her enemies, to see them driven before her, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Duh

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The death of the republican party

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
bootedgeedge for president

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

logikv9 posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

To destroy anyone who has ever dared stand against her?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

she knew the only way to kill the republican party was to let trump be president

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if Obama listened to Hillary in 2009 he would have been a substantially better president

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Pizza and anal?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

if Obama listened to Hillary in 2009 he would have been a substantially better president

:agreed:

obama thought republicans could be trusted when he became president

hell, he still thinks it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A hot dog with no bun

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Huma Abedin

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Grimoire posted:

Pizza and anal?

zegermans posted:

Huma Abedin

she's not wrong

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
You're all wrong.

The answer is:

She wants to curl up in bed with a good book. That or buy lots of expensive confetti cannons to shatter glass ceilings.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

clinton promoting and paying people more for not telling her to not leave metro areas is nonsense, but in the 2008 primary she did a LOT of rural visits. far more than 2016. she did so many that she actually dropped into picnics by helicopter. one of bill clinton's final 2008 iowa events was actually in missouri valley. rural was her base so this makes sense.

Her unofficial headquarters were literally in the Hamptons, her base wasn't rural. She had a ton of southern connections prior to 2008 (that she lost because many were black) but she's a NY senator.

As per GC, she was constantly pissed if she couldn't end the day in a big city, I'll find the portion of the book later.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

cant wait for game change 2016 or whatever its equivalent will be, give me all the hot deets about bad dems

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

mugrim posted:

Her unofficial headquarters were literally in the Hamptons, her base wasn't rural. She had a ton of southern connections prior to 2008 (that she lost because many were black) but she's a NY senator.

As per GC, she was constantly pissed if she couldn't end the day in a big city, I'll find the portion of the book later.

hillary was winning like 60-70% of rural voters in the 2008 primary. obama got rinsed among rural whites especially. not sure how you can say that wasn't her base?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

mugrim posted:

Hillary slaughtered Obama with rural voters in 2008, one of the early surprises in 2016 was basically her strengths and weaknesses flipped geographically. Here is indiana exit poll for example

Population of area, five categories
Pct. of total Clinton Obama
12 Over 500 thousand 29 71
15 50 to 500 thousand 48 52
52 Suburbs 53 47
21 Rural 68 32

there was also this in spring of 2008:

G-Hawk has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Feb 13, 2017

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Nonsense posted:

Burn the banks with lawyers inside them

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

:jiggled:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Boot i egde egg

gently caress i can't do it

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

hillary was winning like 60-70% of rural voters in the 2008 primary. obama got rinsed among rural whites especially. not sure how you can say that wasn't her base?

I think of a base as a traditional foundation of support, not just who likes you here and now. In NY, she dominated urban areas.

I don't think in 2008 "Rural support" was her base, I just think Obama basically took non rural areas she wanted and all she had left was rural white areas that didn't take too kindly to him.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/831250606308327427

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Hillary enjoys putting hot sauce on her books

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Football sucks