Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
5 seasons of a show that has the same moral integrity as bumfights but with wacky editing and bright colors. Genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Under the vegetable posted:

5 seasons of a show that has the same moral integrity as bumfights but with wacky editing and bright colors. Genius.

wait are you comparing a guy bribing homeless people to bash each others teeth out for sandwiches to adult swim shows?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

padijun posted:

wait are you comparing a guy bribing homeless people to bash each others teeth out for sandwiches to adult swim shows?

I'm comparing a guy bribing homeless people to bash each other's teeth out for sandwiches to a guy who bribed homeless people to prostrate and humiliate themselves on national television for sandwiches.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

I'm comparing a guy bribing homeless people to bash each other's teeth out for sandwiches to a guy who bribed homeless people to prostrate and humiliate themselves on national television for sandwiches.

You seem very confused and also oblivious to the relatable nature that made Tims show so lovable.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Obstacle2 posted:

You seem very confused and also oblivious to the relatable nature that made Tims show so lovable.

Lovable and relatable, two words I would definitely use to describe dragging a homeless schizophrenic black man in front of a camera and making him sing for lunch money.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

can you please tell me more about this? when did heidecker do this?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Now I feel like I should go back and re-evaluate Gummo. It's gonna hurt :(

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

padijun posted:

can you please tell me more about this? when did heidecker do this?

The only one who ever tried to say anything was David Libe Hart and it was because they just weren't using him very much at a certain point. Then they made him a reoccurring character on The Steve Brule show and he stopped saying anything.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't that dude post like a wierdo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

huh this guy who built his entire career off of exploiting the mentally ill, elderly, homeless, etc, not paying them for their labor while he put them on tv to be ridiculed, hes so woke now lol. what a nice guy who cares about us.

pretty sure those people got paid to be there. also please don't insist that david liebe hart is mentally ill. he is not.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Enjoyed this week's show quite a bit, guest was super informative.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Don't that dude post like a wierdo

maybe tim would give him a sandwich to be on his colourful show

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Lovable and relatable, two words I would definitely use to describe dragging a homeless schizophrenic black man in front of a camera and making him sing for lunch money.

David Liebe Hart isn't either of those things, he's an LA weirdo they found on public access.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Nice meltdown?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

you're talking about David Liebe Hart, the literal only person they've worked with who ever made anything near the claims you're saying, and who magically stopped saying that when they started giving him work again on another show after backing off his character in their main one.

Also he's neither mentally ill or homeless, he's just a dude from public access but cool that you assumed that in your totally woke tirade I guess?

edit: shockingly, the show that was a goof on public access poo poo mainly used people from LA public access for their bits, they didn't have a black van they just drove around grabbing hobos off the street and shoving puppets in their hands or whatever. That'd be a really lovely show.

"Alright Dave, I know we just grabbed you off the street and you probably have legit mental issues and all, but here's a cat puppet, sit on this stool and sing about how you want to kiss aliens with it"

"Yea, got it, totally understandable and actionable instructions for a total stranger who's been kidnapped and abused."

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 13, 2017

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/cooterthug/status/831165528135856128

re: deray talk some pages back. This kind of thing is part of why ppl don't like him, lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i hope he talks about how woke that nike #equality ad campaign is! :D

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

you have a loving wrestling avatar

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
I like the idea that someones mind could be so warped by watching TV and movies that anytime a normal noncelebrity person is on their screen they are assumed to be a homeless retard.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

weekly font posted:

you have a loving wrestling avatar

those are PROFESSIONALS

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://youtu.be/BvTNyKIGXiI

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon
Was there a second pay/premium episode last week? Thought I saw some talk of one but it never showed up in my feed.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Undeclared Eggplant posted:

Was there a second pay/premium episode last week? Thought I saw some talk of one but it never showed up in my feed.

It was 2 weeks ago, the MMA one

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/jonny_is_good/status/831193828631707649

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
i've laughed at the longmont potion castle bit where lpc calls david liebe hart's hotel room to gaslight him into thinking that he ordered a pizza so much that he starts yelling, so i probably have no moral high ground here, but i thought tim was funny enough and i'm pretty sure that they cast guys like dlh through traditional casting channels, so they didn't "trick" them into appearing on the show in any meaningful way

JohnnyC fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 13, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also I think I've heard before that some of the other Tim and Eric people like James Quall don't even like David Libe Hart very much because they think he has a big ego.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Tim and Eric is cool and all but the real exploitation of the mentally ill is happening 24/7 on Infochammel: https://www.youtube.com/user/infochammel

If you have a Roku add the Infochammel channel. It's great.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
dlh was a dick to quall.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
David Liebe Hart used to be a weirdo who busked outside of a sports stadium and now he tours the country playing music and selling cds. and that's cuz he got put on tv by Tim and Eric. the info about him not being paid is bullshit, he got compensated like any other person.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Episode was good but wish Shane would've talked about the Clara Jeffrey/Kevin Drum poo poo since he's complained about the editorial stance on twitter before.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They probably turn a blind-eye to him on twitter since he's a big draw, but I can't imagine they would be cool with him going on the cool-kids podcast and poo poo talking them.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Yeah I would assume he specifically requested to avoid that subject

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Also lol @ implying that bumfights is somehow morally wrong. Those hobos are consenting adults who produce quality content

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

GNU Order posted:

Also lol @ implying that bumfights is somehow morally wrong. Those hobos are consenting adults who produce quality content

get Rufus on Chapo

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

They probably turn a blind-eye to him on twitter since he's a big draw, but I can't imagine they would be cool with him going on the cool-kids podcast and poo poo talking them.

GalacticAcid posted:

Yeah I would assume he specifically requested to avoid that subject

Yeah I know. I was honestly just shocked to hear him saying it on twitter.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
I like the part of the recent episode where they agree that guns are fun and cool. Typical Bernard brothers.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Cum boy guest episode was really funny, someone posted the "iron dome" joke here but even then holy poo poo it still got me.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Odobenidae posted:

Cum boy guest episode was really funny, someone posted the "iron dome" joke here but even then holy poo poo it still got me.

There were some great "this is a hilarious coming of age" goofs and also "yeah Israel is horrifying"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think my only real issue with the last few podcasts has been the attempt to merge 'Trump and crew aren't as smart as people pretend they are' and 'Trump and crew aren't as dangerous as people think they are'. Like with yesterday's when they went on about how Bannon isn't some genius HYDRA agent, he's just some fat moron who read a book. That's true, of course, but they tried to turn it into also complaining about the people saying 'he's a fuckin Nazi too' and that's kinda a different thing. He is a straight up white supremacist with fascist and nationalist views, him being a loving moron doesn't make that not a real issue.

I totally agree the people making this some big "BANNON IS AN ELABORATE PUPPETMASTER" thing are dumb, but the people going 'a straight up crazy neo-nazi has the president's ear and the president is so stupid he just listens to whatever the newest bit of info he gets as fact, that's probably bad and easily exploited, even by morons' have a reason to be nervous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

They kind of danced around out, but the best part of all these militia idiots is that everyone picks their own rank in whatever cosplay battalion, and almost everyone picks captain, colonel or general. Whereas in the real military, there's maybe one officer per 50 enlisted.

Like in the aftermath of the Bundy standoff, all these idiots from different militia groups were all threatening & pulling guns on each other partially because no one knew who outranked the other.