Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
At least with Daria being around I got to experience the joy of my opponent's third Daria actually milling his deck and losing instantly.

They would have won too without the extra draws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Seraph Haven without Elana is my kind of deck. No pretense of trying to win with minion damage, just a lot of removing my opponent's minions, drawing cards and praying that they aren't running multiple Odins. Still trying to figure out how many Wards I want to run so I can at least try not to get my poo poo kicked in by OTK Roach, but after a lot of matches with Control Blood I'm used to losing to that deck. Otherwise I'm really enjoying how I need to balance between keeping the board clear/keeping my life total high enough and setting up for a potential Turn 9/10 lethal.

From what I've heard there is a good amount of hardcore control decks with 3xOdin at AA rank though, so I'm just going to enjoy this while it lasts.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

lil baby anime posted:

tfw you run out of resources right when you're about to make your opponent kill themselves

I petrified two seraphs back to back, got a servant of darkness and then went for the concede victory to avoid themis. I dunno if it was just her being rude or just recognizing the glory of honourable combat, but she traded the bird to kill my ward and killed my veteran with the tiger. Left me with 1 hp. I'll take it.

Oh yeah I forgot. I had no reason to play anything so neither of us played any cards at all until an ancient lion on 5 followed by my scrap & remi. Got hit with the first themis and then again nothing until seraph at 8. Funniest game I've played in a while

I don't get what's going on in this. Are you saying that she ran out of resources right before making you kill yourself?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Yukari posted:

I don't get what's going on in this. Are you saying that she ran out of resources right before making you kill yourself?
Opponent missed obvious lethal the turn before they fatigued

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

No Wave posted:

Opponent missed obvious lethal the turn before they fatigued

I guess the alternate question is, how do they lose even if they didn't lethal that turn? Or is their deck empty or something?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yukari posted:

I guess the alternate question is, how do they lose even if they didn't lethal that turn? Or is their deck empty or something?

If you look at the deck on the right side it shows the death card, the next card they draw loses them the game

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Oh. That's the card that appears if you deck out? Nice to know.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the big change from Hearthstone there is that there is no fatigue from running out of cards, it is just a flat out lose condition. I've won a few games that way I otherwise was probably going to lose.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Happy Valentine's from SV character designer:

https://twitter.com/mushimaro8/status/831323622358740993/photo/1

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

As long as we get a white day image with Garuda, Leonidas, Sektor, Mordecai, and the Professor of taboos I'm fine with this.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

How often do they do special crystal deals? I heard of one for new years but I wasn't playing then.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think thats the only one ive seen so far aside from the one time deal thats available

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
7 free RoB packs are out now. Go claim them.

I got a Nephthys and Sahaquiel along with 6 golds. Not bad.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
The first pack was so promising with the first card immediately being my third Albert and then the rest were complete duds

Oh well, now I have a grand total of three sword legendary cards :classiclol:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

trucutru posted:

All the "successful" disco dragons are already inconsistent enough to add anything like Bahamut.

Wyvern cavalier is the other gold that I see often in that deck.

fwiw I'm climbing my way through B3 with my Imperial Dragoon deck! I'm not sure if it's actually good though I guess we'll see when I hit the high As.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Only one legendary from my free packs, but it was an Animated Albert, so woo I guess.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Bahamut #5!

(Go away you lovely dragon)

Liquefied 52 out of 56 cards.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
:negative: my seven free packs got me only one gold, a Selwyn's Command, and no legendaries.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
7 golds and an Eidolon, I'll take it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my 4th tribunal of good and evil and a date masamune. thanks game.

meanwhile i have gotten 0 bahamuts from probably over 100 bahamut packs at this point.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

my 4th tribunal of good and evil and a date masamune. thanks game.

meanwhile i have gotten 0 bahamuts from probably over 100 bahamut packs at this point.

I would give you two (and a Sahaquiel) but I've already sold them, neutrals love me!. To be honest I have already stopped buying RoB packs because the only thing I want from them is 2 Alberts (I don't give a poo poo about playing Daria).

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

:negative: 1 liquidatable gold and all silvers/bronzes otherwise. Oh well.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Went 5-0 with a Dragonsong Flute deck in Take Two and it makes me wish that card was good enough for a ranked deck.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

A bunch of golds, some animated things, and a Dragoon. It doesn't really bring me closer to making anything but I got a bunch of dust and now a full set of animated sacred ducks.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

AegisP posted:

Only one legendary from my free packs, but it was an Animated Albert, so woo I guess.

Got an animated Albert too. :hfive:

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Thought i would try this game on android, tried to reroll (cleared cache) but that didn't work have things changed since OP?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did we ever get our 3 free survey packs?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Fisting Tent posted:

Thought i would try this game on android, tried to reroll (cleared cache) but that didn't work have things changed since OP?

The rooted android reroll was working for me as of a week ago (where you rename/delete a specific file).

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Awesome! posted:

did we ever get our 3 free survey packs?

I have not

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Is the survey still doable?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I've been rerolling for a bit. I was really hoping for an account with two of a key legendary, but I think the odds are a bit too low for that. These are the best two accounts I've gotten so far. Are either worth sticking with?

(1) Daria Dimensional Witch, Dark Dragoon Forte, Bahamut, Gabriel, Odin, Bloody Mary, Sea Queen Otohime, Lord Atomy, Imperial Dragoon.
(2) Ancient Elf, Albert Levin Saber, Dark Angel Olivia, Sahaquiel, Tsubaki, Nephthys, Fairy Princess (A), Soul Dealer (A), Beast Dominator, Imperial Dragoon.

Note: (A) means that the card is animated. I don't know whether (like Hearthstone) you get more for liquefying an animated card, so it may not matter.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

I've been rerolling for a bit. I was really hoping for an account with two of a key legendary, but I think the odds are a bit too low for that. These are the best two accounts I've gotten so far. Are either worth sticking with?

(1) Daria Dimensional Witch, Dark Dragoon Forte, Bahamut, Gabriel, Odin, Bloody Mary, Sea Queen Otohime, Lord Atomy, Imperial Dragoon.
(2) Ancient Elf, Albert Levin Saber, Dark Angel Olivia, Sahaquiel, Tsubaki, Nephthys, Fairy Princess (A), Soul Dealer (A), Beast Dominator, Imperial Dragoon.

Note: (A) means that the card is animated. I don't know whether (like Hearthstone) you get more for liquefying an animated card, so it may not matter.

You do get more for it. And both of them look pretty good, but I'm not the best judge of what to take.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Yukari posted:

Is the survey still doable?

i dont think so

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
What were those 7 free packs for? Maybe they rolled the survey rewards into that?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Clarste posted:

What were those 7 free packs for? Maybe they rolled the survey rewards into that?

7 million downloads total.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CompeAnansi posted:

Get the second one, disenchant the animated crap and beast dominator and craft yourself 2 ancient elves or 2 alberts and you're set for aggressive decks with either Forest or Sword. You could also craft a single ancient elf, a single Tia and then buy the Sterling Archer prebuilt deck for all your forest needs.

In other news, since nobody is playing it anymore I switched to aggro blood. Sure, it may not win as much as before but the rage-quits are hilarious. The wraith, Yurius, Veight "sylvan or die" opener against roach has gotten me concedes on turn 3. Also, if the other dude is at 3 hp and you "a worthy opponent" them, you can totally bluff a concede.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

trucutru posted:

In other news, since nobody is playing it anymore I switched to aggro blood. Sure, it may not win as much as before but the rage-quits are hilarious. The wraith, Yurius, Veight "sylvan or die" opener against roach has gotten me concedes on turn 3. Also, if the other dude is at 3 hp and you "a worthy opponent" them, you can totally bluff a concede.

I'm going to have to borrow this idea, especially since I play Aggro Blood. Does it still work in AA rank? Friend was complaining that she couldn't climb with it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

I'm going to have to borrow this idea, especially since I play Aggro Blood. Does it still work in AA rank? Friend was complaining that she couldn't climb with it.

It works in AA0 because a good number of people are clowning around. At AA1 and onwards you'll probably lose more often than not against the tryhards.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

trucutru posted:

Get the second one, disenchant the animated crap and beast dominator and craft yourself 2 ancient elves or 2 alberts and you're set for aggressive decks with either Forest or Sword. You could also craft a single ancient elf, a single Tia and then buy the Sterling Archer prebuilt deck for all your forest needs.

Thanks for the advice. I followed it, spent :10bux: for the precon and now have a fully built OTK roach deck. Pretty sweet for such a small investment. Now I need to figure out how to play it well.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CompeAnansi posted:

Thanks for the advice. I followed it, spent :10bux: for the precon and now have a fully built OTK roach deck. Pretty sweet for such a small investment. Now I need to figure out how to play it well.

turn 1-2) Harass with fairies and gobbos
turn 3) Ancient Elf! Oh poo poo!
turn 4-5) Evolve stuff, get 0-cost minions. Brace for Levi impact.
turn 6) Play stuff, pretend you don't have the roaches. Get hit by the Daria train.

Then: Roach -> face
Alternatively: 7) Eve -> ward, 8) Roach -> face

Or just read this handy guide for that scumbag of a deck:

http://www.theshadownexus.com/shadowverse-primers/forestcraft/rhinoceroach-otk-tempo-white-wolf/

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 16, 2017

• Locked thread