Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Has Okafor been traded yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Has Okafor been traded yet?

First of all, that's my line.

Secondly. No.

I have this on a periodic refresh: https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=news&q=jahlil%20okafor%20filter%3Averified

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Has Festus even played this year?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. Mambold posted:

Andy is about the only upgrade from Dan, and that may be lateral.

Dandy Andy D'Antoni is basically ideal... but it also works with Dan.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Has Festus even played this year?

Nope. He's been injured.

Portland is where big men go to die

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Kibner posted:

For Nick and anyone else who likes video games and wants a book to help understand how to use R, the Humble Bundle has a great $30 deal and the proceeds go to support the ACLU, Doctors Without Borders, and International Rescue Committee.

the witness is worth it alone for that tbh.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
It doesn't feel that long ago when all of y'all were jizzing all over Nurkic and his dad. He must have fell of a cliff or something.

And lol Raptors, Casey being fired after this season would be such a huge win, but not happening since ownership is cheap. Looking forward to get clowned by the Bulls again tomorrow.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Constellation I posted:

It doesn't feel that long ago when all of y'all were jizzing all over Nurkic and his dad. He must have fell of a cliff or something.
Gotten worse and worse since entering the league

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

zelah posted:

Stuff I've seen makes it seem like people think Plumlee/Nurkic isn't much more than a lateral move, especially since Plumlee will be gone in the offseason.

Any deal where your team ends up with less Plumlees than when it started is a good trade.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

straight up brolic posted:

Gotten worse and worse since entering the league

His dad is still large and we'll still always have https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhUf3YCuE-8

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

aBagorn posted:

First of all, that's my line.

Secondly. No.

I have this on a periodic refresh: https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=news&q=jahlil%20okafor%20filter%3Averified
Good search

quote:

Players or picks? If you're the Sixers, which makes more sense for Jahlil Okafor? (Both is indeed an option.)

Basketball Insiders' Michael Scotto reported Monday afternoon that the Chicago Bulls are shopping either Robin Lopez or Doug McDermott for a first-round pick.

That's meaningful to the Sixers because the Bulls and New Orleans Pelicans have been the most cited teams in Okafor trade rumors.

Chicago could be attempting to land another first-round pick to sweeten an offer for Okafor, especially if Lopez, a center, is the player moved.
http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-76ers/jahil-okafor-trade-could-hinge-bulls-pursuit-another-1st-round-pick

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bulls selling off everything they have to land Okafor would be hilarious

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

https://youtu.be/pEMnC2hdYR0

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Howie Roseman would have gotten a future first round pick for Jahlil Okafor by now.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i hate it when bleacher report produces good content

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2692760-he-was-a-man-amongst-boys-catching-up-with-lebron-james-high-school-qbs

quote:

On one play during James’ sophomore year, McGee remembers the future Hall of Famer jumping offside on a fade route out of shotgun formation. As the team walked back to the huddle, one player was missing. LeBron was still out near the left hash mark, refusing to huddle up again.

“Run the same play again,” James yelled at Wooley, the quarterback at the time. He began to signal with his hands that he wanted a do-over. “Run it again.”

The team scurried back to the line of scrimmage with every single person at the game knowing where Wooley was going to throw the ball. But with LeBron, that simply didn’t matter. As James beat his defensive back off the line, Wooley threw the ball toward his behemoth wideout. James, without hesitation or a break in stride, caught the ball with his left hand hanging over the sideline and made a beeline for the end zone.

theres another great story in there about him Goomba-ing some poor kid in a drill

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/carmeloanthony/status/831261763777630211

Somehow I doubt Melo is waiving that No trade...

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2017/02/13/magic-johnson-estimates-it-will-take-three-to-five-years-for-lakers-to-rebuild/

But what if they get LeBron, KD, and Paul George?????

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

euphronius posted:

Crabbe has a no trade clause until July.

Turner is injured and has maybe the worst contract in the NBA.

I think I'd rather have Crabbe than Parsons. Parsons would be better if he could ever stay healthy but that's a highly unlikely if.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

RICKY DAVIS IS ALIVE

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/831230490518630402

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Iverson (Player/Coach) are the best three words in the English language

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

NotWearingPants posted:

Howie Roseman would have gotten a future first round pick for Jahlil Okafor by now.

Sam Hinkie would have fleeced GarPax of all their first round picks

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

ah poo poo, tons of my old jailblazer crew

I wondered what JR Rider was up to, and Bonzi.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

honestly surprised we haven't gotten a thirsty instagram post from NateRob offering to sit next to Dolan in exchange for a 10-day

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

straight up brolic posted:

Iverson (Player/Coach) are the best three words in the English language

Hot take: Iverson is the greatest sub 6' player ever.

gently caress you he was not 6'0".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Iverson was an easy 6 foot.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lol that Melo was willing to waive his no trade clause until Phil kept being a dick on twitter. What Melo doesn't realize is though the fans are on his side right now, they will eventually boo the poo poo out of him for not winning more. It's going to be interesting to see how he is remembered by Knicks fans after his career is over. Captain America deserves better.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How many superstars other than Melo did way worse when going from West to East

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Is there any urgency for the Knicks to trade Melo now as opposed to in the summer? They still have an outside shot at making the playoffs (whether being the eight seed in the East is worth it or not is moot, management clearly wants to get into the playoffs). Yes, letting him go now would theoretically improve their pick in the upcoming draft but I think they'd get more for him in a trade in the summer as other teams will have more flexibility.

Thinking about it a bit more I guess you'd get two months headstart on Porzingis as the no. 1 option which is probably quite valuable experience.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Tae posted:

If Amar'e counts, him. I would say Deron Williams but a lot of that was injuries. (That made him go from potential superstar to all star to good if he is healthy.)

tanglewood1420 posted:

Is there any urgency for the Knicks to trade Melo now as opposed to in the summer? They still have an outside shot at making the playoffs (whether being the eight seed in the East is worth it or not is moot, management clearly wants to get into the playoffs). Yes, letting him go now would theoretically improve their pick in the upcoming draft but I think they'd get more for him in a trade in the summer as other teams will have more flexibility.

Thinking about it a bit more I guess you'd get two months headstart on Porzingis as the no. 1 option which is probably quite valuable experience.

It all depends on what the franchise wants more, a trip to the first round of the playoffs or getting a better player to build around Porzingis with. If Melo refuses to waive his no trade clause, it's all irrelevant.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 14, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I glanced at this and thought it was the new batch of players Dolan had hired to sit next to him.

boxcarhobo posted:

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/831186530362335233

I'm... not entirely sure what the idea is here, other than I guess we had open roster spots so why not? Someone help me out

Birdman's funeral.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Tae posted:

Leaving aside that what you said does not apply to Melo, you can probably look at guys who went to the East later in their career like Webber.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Watching actual Asian small-clawed otters on Youtube is more entertaining than this team.

This dumb Bulls team is still in the playoffs.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Wasn't Mirotic good once?

Good 3P shooter last year. Although as was mentioned earlier he does shoot hilariously long threes that only Curry should be taking. The 3P shots are comical due to his height as well.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Elton brand ?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

still going to be funny when they somehow manage to beat the raptors tomorrow

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

euphronius posted:

Iverson was an easy 6 foot.

Maybe with his shoes on.

Maybe.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/831295732577497088

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Someone translate this. Is this Silver and MJ saying "Dolan stop being such a gently caress"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

TBeats posted:

Someone translate this. Is this Silver and MJ saying "Dolan stop being such a gently caress"

Oak also has to show up to one of JD's shows

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol at michael jordan being asked to mediate a dispute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007