Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
edit: lol moby what does anything in the news mean anymore

the fatigue is setting in badly for me

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Moby save the universe I'll buy one of your albums again if you can just bring us back to the 90s

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:what:

moby

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
BREAKING NEWS

Moby still exists!

would have been just as shocking really

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I was going to say that I'm somehow not surprised that literally everyone is now trying to cash in on the Trump presidency, but then I read this:

quote:

“The Russian dossier on Trump is real,” Moby writes. “100% real. He’s being blackmailed by the Russian government, not just for being peed on by Russian hookers, but for much more nefarious things.”

He's just loving with Trump like anyone would, and NME enjoys the clickbait.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Reverand maynard posted:

he looks loving defeated lol

Dude looks like he just tried on daddy's suit

Jim Rash did a better Moby than Moby.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 14, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If trump is impeached who in the current administration does pence marry/gently caress/kill

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Ryan, Jesus, Bannon

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/831280292379910144

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

She's thirsty a f.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
do it Trudeau, do it for all of us

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Justin's mom had an affair with Ted Kennedy, and also probably Mick Jagger

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hey, the leader of the free world hasn't poo poo on Busta Rhymes via Twitter today, gotta cherish the small victories of your day.

Even Donald Trump recognizes that yeah... Flipmode, Flipmode is the greatest.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

do it Trudeau, do it for all of us

Vas-y Justin, fais le pour nous tous! :canada:

Also looking forward to NSA Wizard's Kirk-esque breakdown :getin:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

poo poo, I look at Trudeau that way.

RIP Canada

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Untagged posted:

Sweet, fuel economy will go up since ethanol is the worst. Also, boat owners of the world rejoice.

Just kidding, we'll now have 50% ethanol mandate instead of 10%.

Quoting from a couple pages ago, but there's a chain of gas stations near me that has ethanol-free 91 octane and apparently they make bank during the fall from people filling up their lawnmowers and poo poo before winter.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
IDK if this was posted, but I'm liking this Judge Robart dude:

Judge rejects request to delay travel ban lawsuit
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/13/politics/trump-delay-travel-ban-seattle/index.html

quote:

As the government argued for postponement, the judge referenced Trump's tweet reacting to the 9th Circuit ruling saying he would "see you in court."

"I'm a little surprised since the President said he wanted 'to see you in court,'" Robart said, later adding, "Are you confident that's the argument you want to make?"

DOJ lawyer Michelle R. Bennett said: "Yes, your honor."

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Government lawyers to president: Could... could you consider shutting the gently caress up?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bowe-bergdahl-released/judge-questions-effect-trump-comments-bowe-bergdahl-case-n720366

quote:

During a pretrial hearing at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, defense attorneys played part of a video exhibit in which Trump repeatedly says at campaign appearances that Bergdahl is a "traitor" who should be harshly punished. Bergdahl's lawyers argue that the comments violate their client's due-process rights and that the case should be dismissed.

The judge, Army Col. Jeffery Nance, didn't immediately rule on the defense request, but he called the video "disturbing material." A written decision was expected later.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

LostCosmonaut posted:

Quoting from a couple pages ago, but there's a chain of gas stations near me that has ethanol-free 91 octane and apparently they make bank during the fall from people filling up their lawnmowers and poo poo before winter.

So they can put a touch of HEET in it. Which is loving alcohol.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Revenge of Sally Fields

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/831313870446796801

Yikes.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

gawd drat what a clown show

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Man I still can't really tell if Trump is straight up complicit with Russia and is a bought and paid for puppet or a useful idiot that doesn't know he's getting played.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Trump is the latter. His advisors are the former.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

IDK if this was posted, but I'm liking this Judge Robart dude:

Judge rejects request to delay travel ban lawsuit
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/13/politics/trump-delay-travel-ban-seattle/index.html

quote:

As the government argued for postponement, the judge referenced Trump's tweet reacting to the 9th Circuit ruling saying he would "see you in court."

"I'm a little surprised since the President said he wanted 'to see you in court,'" Robart said, later adding, "Are you confident that's the argument you want to make?"

DOJ lawyer Michelle R. Bennett said: "Yes, your honor."

mlmp08 posted:

Government lawyers to president: Could... could you consider shutting the gently caress up?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bowe-bergdahl-released/judge-questions-effect-trump-comments-bowe-bergdahl-case-n720366

quote:

During a pretrial hearing at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, defense attorneys played part of a video exhibit in which Trump repeatedly says at campaign appearances that Bergdahl is a "traitor" who should be harshly punished. Bergdahl's lawyers argue that the comments violate their client's due-process rights and that the case should be dismissed.

The judge, Army Col. Jeffery Nance, didn't immediately rule on the defense request, but he called the video "disturbing material." A written decision was expected later.

These two posts are the perfect matched pair, illuminating so many things that are wrong with Trump being President.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie lost AGAIN, this time, in Virginia. Second preliminary injunction active now.

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/831318353344098304

quote:

Across the country, in Virginia, US District Judge Leonie Brinkema issued her own injunction in the case, finding a “likelihood that the Commonwealth will prevail on the merits of its Establishment Clause claim,” and halting enforcement of the visa portion of the executive order against Virginia residents affected by the ban.

Brinkema pointed to Trump’s campaign statements calling for a ban on Muslim immigration and more recent statements by Trump adviser Rudolph Giuliani about being asked to help craft such a ban as evidence that the executive order was not motivated by “rational national security concerns.”

“The Commonwealth has produced unrebutted evidence supporting its position that it is likely to succeed on an Establishment Clause claim,” Brinkema wrote. “The ‘Muslim ban’ was a centerpiece of the president’s campaign for months, and the press release calling for it was still available on his website as of the day this Memorandum Opinion is being entered.”

Brinkema went on to say in a footnote that she gave “little weight” to statements from administration officials that the travel ban was not targeted at Muslims, since they were made after legal challenges were filed.

Like the Ninth Circuit, Brinkema rejected the Justice Department’s argument that the court lacked jurisdiction to consider the constitutionality of the executive order.

“Maximum power does not mean absolute power,” Brinkema wrote. “Every presidential action must still comply with the limits set by Congress’ delegation of power and the constraints of the Constitution, including the Bill of Rights.”

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 14, 2017

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

That twitter link is broken.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2017/02/man_accused_of_coercing_teen_t.html

Pure Michigan :cripes:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Pure :barf:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Jesus loving Christ.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I finally meet an apologetic Trump voter today. He was genuinely interested in learning about the political process after our discussion, so that was cool.

:unsmith: I hope it's all still standing after this.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wasabi the J posted:

I finally meet an apologetic Trump voter today. He was genuinely interested in learning about the political process after our discussion, so that was cool.

:unsmith: I hope it's all still standing after this.

I live in south central Pennsylvania, those who voted for Trump are nowhere near the apologetic category yet. Their opinion is 100% "GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE BETTER THAN WHAT WE GOT"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
When does the "give him a chance" excuse expire?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
after we're all dead

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TBeats posted:

When does the "give him a chance" excuse expire?

100 days

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

lol

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/831278823291383808

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

The Moby stuff really isn't anything new.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQdYaWCDkTY/

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Hey, just a friendly reminder that we are only 4 weeks into this trainwreck!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
More news more news

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Oliver Dearlove: Banker killed with 'single punch' for talking to women

quote:

Oliver Dearlove, 30, spoke about shoes and baby pictures after a night out in Blackheath, south London, on 28 August.
The 20-second exchange prompted Trevor Timon to launch an "unprovoked and senseless" attack, jurors heard.

Mr Dearlove was punched once in the head and died hours later. Mr Timon, 31, of Heavitree Road, Plumstead, admits manslaughter but denies murder.

On the night of the attack he had been out with friends, leaving Zerodegrees bar just after midnight.

As he left he asked a woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, if she was hurt after she took off her high heels on the street.

She replied: "You know what, my feet are killing me", jurors were told.

She went on to tell Mr Dearlove that it was her first night out since giving birth, and he commented to his friends: "Doesn't she look well?"

The woman produced pictures and Mr Dearlove was "very polite" as he complimented her on having a beautiful baby, jurors heard.

Mr Timon, who knew the group of women, allegedly stormed in and demanded to know what they were talking about.

Mr Orchard said: "The next thing that happened was the defendant hit Oliver Dearlove."

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was up on top of a ridge where my Dad lives today and saw about 6 or 7 heavy lift choppers headed towards Oroville in about 4 hours.

Why can't this retarded rear end state stop cutting infrastructure funding?

• Locked thread