Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Umm didn't he sell lawnmowers before jeans west

Tractors. But he had no way of knowing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

muscles like this! posted:

In his early 20s. After he graduated from high school he worked for a clothes shop called "Jeans West" when Buck came in for some pants and hired him.

this man knows his KoTH

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Umm didn't he sell lawnmowers before jeans west

He never went into specifics about that job or mentioned it again so its hard to know if that is supposed to be treated canonically of just a one off joke. He mentioned Jeans West multiple times. My favorite was when he was talking to Peggy and mentioned "I told you about the time I put on the giant pants and pretended I was small." Just for how absurd it is.

Ulthar
Aug 14, 2007

My parents are deeaaaaaaad!!!
My favorite line has always been from the episode where they put Bobby on ADHD medication.

:stare: "The milk in the fridge is about to go bad. ...... There it goes."

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Ulthar posted:

My favorite line has always been from the episode where they put Bobby on ADHD medication.

Luanne: "Bobby, I need that pill!!

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Ulthar posted:

There are 96 ridges on every checker.... except for this one

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

haljordan posted:

The clock at the bank once said 110 degrees!!

I rewatched that episode last night. So good.

Jeff Goldblum as a con artist convincing Peggy that she's some kind of super-genius.

"Boomhauer, I knew I could count on you not to talk."
"...Yo."

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Unfortunately KotH isn't on any streaming service for some reason.

Amazon has it, you just have to buy it first. Well worth it imo

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
I'm watching KotH again, and gosh darn it, Bobby stood up and started talking about white power in a comedy club. That boy aint right.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Fear and Loathing made me want to experience this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl-a4k_aXAg

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mr.Tophat posted:

I'm watching KotH again, and gosh darn it, Bobby stood up and started talking about white power in a comedy club. That boy alt right.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

... now that's what I call general purpose haberdashery!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

He never went into specifics about that job or mentioned it again so its hard to know if that is supposed to be treated canonically of just a one off joke. He mentioned Jeans West multiple times. My favorite was when he was talking to Peggy and mentioned "I told you about the time I put on the giant pants and pretended I was small." Just for how absurd it is.

Hahahha I love how very embarrassed he sounds when he says that

mojo1701a posted:

I rewatched that episode last night. So good.

Jeff Goldblum as a con artist convincing Peggy that she's some kind of super-genius.

"Boomhauer, I knew I could count on you not to talk."
"...Yo."

"She pulled her thumb off, someone call a doctor!"
"I'm a doctor!:downs:"

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Gosh darn it hahaha

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The episode with Michael Keaton as the insane pork magnate is pretty great.

"Life is a serious of compromises."

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
JR, JR, he's a realy bad guy, who lives on a ranch with his maaaaaam

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

When The Simpsons stopped utilizing celebrity guests well, King of the Hill really picked up the tab.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Everything has a minor flaw.

drives me mad

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
It's really loving weird that Hank is supposed to be 34 at the start of the series and is 37 by the end. I always thought he was a lot older

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Servaetes posted:

It's really loving weird that Hank is supposed to be 34 at the start of the series and is 37 by the end. I always thought he was a lot older

yeah millennials are always surprised at how much more mature the previous generation was than they are

Hank Hill and Homer Simpson had jobs and families while you at the same age are playing videogames and watching cartoons

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
If I recall, Mike Judge wanted hank to be in his mid to late 40s but the suits said he had to be reworked in his early to mid thirties, so Mike changed nothing, resubmitted the same sketch but with the stated age changed and they accepted it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What episode is the reveal of Boomers job?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

What episode is the reveal of Boomers job?

I think it's the finale.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Servaetes posted:

Which is totally wild because that means he would've been 22 when bobby was born. So they had their house, at least one vehicle with both of them on a pretty limited income and a kid. I mean, I had a house and a car at 23 but something about bobby having been born when hank and Peggy that young is weird to me

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Hank Hill and Homer Simpson had jobs and families while you at the same age are playing videogames and watching cartoons

there used to be jobs that payed a living wage and you could raise a family in the suburbs. now you work three jobs to keep a cockroach-infested apartment and video games are the only escape from our dystopic nightmare.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
let's see king of the hill brought back but it's about bobby hill living in his car because he was priced out of living in the city and he doesn't want to commute 4 hours every day to go to work

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Baby did a baaad thing, honey

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Ein cooler Typ posted:

yeah millennials are always surprised at how much more mature the previous generation was than they are

Goodness! You alright, buddy?

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

If I recall, Mike Judge wanted hank to be in his mid to late 40s but the suits said he had to be reworked in his early to mid thirties, so Mike changed nothing, resubmitted the same sketch but with the stated age changed and they accepted it.

Yeah, I found something like that too. Makes sense, because then you'd have to say Bill/Dale/Boomhauer are all in that same age range and goddamn you'd have to ruin your life to end up like Bill that early

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Nooner posted:

Baby did a based thing, honey

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hank's age never really makes sense seeing as he graduated from high school in the 70s and the show started in 97.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
That's hilarious because yeah, he's in his mid-to-late 40's going by when he graduated high school. What episode do they mention his age?

I've been rewatching this show since reading this thread and the quality holds up really well. It's not until season ~9 that the amount of "bad" episodes starts to become noticeable. Of course that's relative to the sweet heavenly nectar that is the good episodes.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
gently caress it!

My goon sisters and brothers, here is your source of streaming King of the Hill. http://www.toonova.net/king-of-the-hill

If I eat a ban for this, then bury me inside a gucci store :911:

s'go!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Fatty's dead. I'm his son Little Fatty.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

It was a short period of suffering, but probably very intnese.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

gently caress it!

My goon sisters and brothers, here is your source of streaming King of the Hill. http://www.toonova.net/king-of-the-hill

s'go!

Praise him!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nooner posted:

Baby did a baaad thing, honey

I love Joe Jack's speech pattern, is that really a common texas thing just calling everyone honey

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
Thanks to this thread I had to look up the episode where Peggy and Hank steal Dale's new riding lawnmower and photoshop Lee Harvey Oswald onto it in a ransom note.

Good fuckin' ep.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Obligatory Toast posted:

Thanks to this thread I had to look up the episode where Peggy and Hank steal Dale's new riding lawnmower and photoshop Lee Harvey Oswald onto it in a ransom note.

Good fuckin' ep.

Correction...... SHACKLEFORD wants a pizza.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Obligatory Toast posted:

Good fuckin' ep.

I want Bobby to take the shot. He'll put me down clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
What the hell kind of country is this where I can only hate a man if he's white?