Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
so are ya chinese or japanese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

yeah millennials are always surprised at how much more mature the previous generation was than they are

Hank Hill and Homer Simpson had jobs and families while you at the same age are playing videogames and watching cartoons
i'd apply at Jeans West but i don't have a masters degree yet

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

I know it's been said before, but......

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

let's see king of the hill brought back but it's about bobby hill living in his car because he was priced out of living in the city and he doesn't want to commute 4 hours every day to go to work

does he eat rancid sausage because he has no other food

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Obligatory Toast posted:

Thanks to this thread I had to look up the episode where Peggy and Hank steal Dale's new riding lawnmower and photoshop Lee Harvey Oswald onto it in a ransom note.

Good fuckin' ep.

The best loving part of that is you can clearly hear Bill giggling over the phone, and Dale still doesn't suspect.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Polio Vax Scene posted:

does he eat rancid sausage because he has no other food

He dumpster dives outside the Mega Lo Mart for expired fruit pies.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

What the hell kind of country is this where I can only hate a man if he's white?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Wicker Man posted:

The best loving part of that is you can clearly hear Bill giggling over the phone, and Dale still doesn't suspect.

Bill is at the college "playing pinball with the boys". Who are the boys???

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Hank and Enrique have the same first name.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
The episode where Dale gets his mower stolen is the first KOTH I watched and it was the funniest poo poo I had ever seen. It seems like Peggy is going to yell at Hank for treating his friend cruelly and then she ends up loving with him even harder.

When did the paperboy have access to my watch?

Who What Now posted:

You know that cuckolding is a legit real fetish, right? Like it was only turned into an insult fairly recently, and there are dudes that legit get off to the act of other men loving their wives.

Lots of page back, but thank you a bunch for this post, which runs up to me like an excited kid eager to tell me about something he just found out about. What's that? There are these guys called "cucks" and sometime in the past few years we started making fun of people for being one? Gosh! :allears: Next you'll try and tell me there are people who want to gently caress ANIMALS.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I've got so much king of the hill on my DVR I'm just letting it play constantly in my living room while I am home doing chores and such

the episode where they go to japan came on and I kept quoting parts of this in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBqxeYCJ4ho

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
DALE: I know all about your naked dream with my wife! That's right, John Redcorn told me everything. He's a true friend, unlike you.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Get in the sink and take a shower.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The Archaic posted:

DALE: I know all about your naked dream with my wife! That's right, John Redcorn told me everything. He's a true friend, unlike you.

Redcorn's abrupt freakout when Hank goes to him to interpret his dream (because :airquote: mysticism :airquote:) is hilarious to watch.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Redcorn's abrupt freakout when Hank goes to him to interpret his dream (because :airquote: mysticism :airquote:) is hilarious to watch.

"Nancy gave me this vest. Do you want it?! TAKE IT, TAKE EVERYTHING"

(Hank runs out)

":negative:"

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Wicker Man posted:

"Nancy gave me this vest. Do you want it?! TAKE IT, TAKE EVERYTHING"

(Hank runs out)

":negative:"

Redcorn crying over Joseph, and Hank just bailing out of the jeep and running in horror when John goes in for a hug is both sad, and hilarious. So much character development from just that one scene.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

All of you Peggy haters have to agree that Kathy Najimy kills it as her. :colbert: It's fitting that, if Peggy had been a nun, she'd probably be a lot like Najimy's character in Sister Act.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

peggy is a good character, she's just built from the ground up to be hated.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Redcorn crying over Joseph, and Hank just bailing out of the jeep and running in horror when John goes in for a hug is both sad, and hilarious. So much character development from just that one scene.

I always cringe inwardly at that part, but it totally fits Hank's character. I also like how John is absolutely terrible at kickball.

I think my favorite interaction with them is when Hank threatens to kick John's rear end: the wind blows through John's hair dramatically, and he raises a noticeably large bicep to brush his hair back. Then Hank goes, "......I mean it..."

basic hitler posted:

peggy is a good character, she's just built from the ground up to be hated.

I do like how they are willing to give her a break sometimes. Peggy sucks at Spanish in general, but she DOES know some of it to get that job at the beer factory.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man posted:

I think my favorite interaction with them is when Hank threatens to kick John's rear end: the wind blows through John's hair dramatically, and he raises a noticeably large bicep to brush his hair back. Then Hank goes, "......I mean it..."

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

PEGGY: Hank, why don't we go someplace more private? You certainly can't live out your fantasy with all these naked women around.

PEGGY: You don't want me anymore. You want other women. Younger, equally pretty women.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

This can
become
that

In
Korea

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

HAT FETISH posted:

This can
become
that

In
Korea

wisdom

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

giblet-head

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Archaic posted:

PEGGY: Hank, why don't we go someplace more private? You certainly can't live out your fantasy with all these naked women around.

PEGGY: You don't want me anymore. You want other women. Younger, equally pretty women.

You with Nancy and me with Dale? We both know who's getting the better deal of that... Dale.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Every day I get up and stare death in the back of the head

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Strickland Propane does not have a vending machine.
It smells, and I thank God every day I get home that I didn't get exploded.
The end.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Wicker Man posted:

I love when two old rear end war vets beat the poo poo out of an entire house of insufferable super-liberal brats.

"WHO'RE YOU CALLIN' A NAZZZZZZIIIIII??!??!?!?!

:headbutt:

"Let's roll, Topsy! :bahgawd: "

All of those jerks were actors from News Radio. Also a bunch of That 70's Show people were in the Chuck Mangione episode.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Gaunab posted:

Strickland Propane does not have a vending machine.
It smells, and I thank God every day I get home that I didn't get exploded.
The end.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

I always wondered why John Redcorn is always referred to as such, and never just "John."

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
that's how indian names work

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

King Possum III posted:

I always wondered why John Redcorn is always referred to as such, and never just "John."

Just like Chief Sitting?

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

Ein cooler Typ posted:

a snip of the stuff in the rest of this post

http://imgur.com/a/PiJLk

mandatory click for ITT

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Bill is at the college "playing pinball with the boys". Who are the boys???

That bugged me too! My best guess is army friends, but that doesn't fit Bill's work status.

The ending was odd. When the police think Dale has a rifle in a tower, they set up prolonged negotiations and wait him out. But when the three gun club vigilantes take a shot at Dale from a rooftop, the police immediately rush the building? That's gonna end in a bloodbath.

Hank is shot at maybe a hundred yards with a rifle, and pops back up without being in pain? Did the gun club guy use a .22?

The police were quick to forgive Dale's claim of murdering a hostage.

Dale was lucky he picked that day to be carrying zero weapons. Compare to his arsenal in Soldier of Misfortune.

It was neat Billy West was the police negotiator. Totally same voice as geeky cop on Futurama.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
my best guess is they needed a reason for Bill to be at the community college so he could report the news to Hank but they couldn't think of a good reason for him to be there

or you could make up some creepy reason like he was adding hair to his collection

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

lol

also lol at the irony that all the animation is outsourced to korea

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 16, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Soccer? So you like sports.

Kind of.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I've seen a bunch of these before but never looked through the entire album. This is like "how do to non-cheesy animation 101" not just a style guide for KOTH. Have never thought about how many shortcuts animators take until seeing this huge list of shortcuts that they were not allowed to take for this show. Makes sense why it looks so life-like now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

I think KotH deserves credit for drawing every character with realistic body proportions as well. Nobody is cartoonishly fat but nobody is super built either. Even Boomhauer has a beer gut. I can't think of any other animated sitcoms that do that.