Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

Someone talk me into or out of buying this

you can play as a literal fat goon and sit on people to kill them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Wandle Cax posted:

What if you really like shield bashing. i like Cassandra in Soul Calibur for this reason.

It would be good if the things you can chain from a shield bash were actually worth using at all. You have to do 4+ things in a combo just to do 1 attacks worth of damage. She's a horribly slow defensive hero who relies on countering and dodging to deal her damage. Yet her damage is so loving piss poor that you're going to get chipped down before you can present any kind of threat.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Let me put your minds at ease friends. If friended I promise I'll match anyone's weeb in order to make you feel comfortable. My uplay handle is FreshSheshBesh.

Seriously, playing any group mode with pubs is awful and nearly all of the goons I've played For Honor with have been totally acceptable humans.

quote:

goons

quote:

humans

can't be

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Imagine if the Valkyrie was OP it would make all the "SPEAR CHICK OP" posts so confusing!!!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Okay, I think i'm going to purchase this game. I think i'm going to buy a Ubisoft game full price. After getting burned on Division, I think I deserve it.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Okay, I think i'm going to purchase this game. I think i'm going to buy a Ubisoft game full price. After getting burned on Division, I think I deserve it.

The menus were designed by someone who was blind. The network in the beta was janky at best.

Once you get into the game it's unique and crazy and there is nothing quite like it.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Fargin Icehole posted:

heh lmao at this guy here

wait a second

i did this too

poo poo!

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Alkydere posted:

The menus were designed by someone who was blind. The network in the beta was janky at best.

Once you get into the game it's unique and crazy and there is nothing quite like it.

forhonor.txt

seriously how did they make the UI so bad holy fuckballs

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I like the Valkyrie a lot tbh. She's got shield bashes and headbutts like the warlord, lunges like the raider. a cool unblockable leg sweep, and a unique block/dodge mechanic which can chain into a bunch of stuff including a super quick bleed attack.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

panda clue posted:

forhonor.txt

seriously how did they make the UI so bad holy fuckballs

Yeah, let's be honest. Saying these menus were designed by a blind person is a horrible insult to blind people. Like, goddamn they're bad.

Thank gently caress menu guy never had anything to do with the actual gameplay. Otherwise you'd have to confirm three times for a light attack, then if you try to cancel out to a guard you'd end up sprinting. Or some stupid poo poo.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

I like the Valkyrie a lot tbh. She's got shield bashes and headbutts like the warlord, lunges like the raider. a cool unblockable leg sweep, and a unique block/dodge mechanic which can chain into a bunch of stuff including a super quick bleed attack.

Ehh. The problem I find is that she's a very very slow defensive hero. Her play style is all about countering, dodging and stunning but her counters and dodges do really poor damage. The only thing you can chain from a shield bash is the leg sweep, which does 0 damage. Then you only have time to get 1 attack in while they're standing up which again, does piss all damage.

With how overpowered the fast assassin characters are you're never going to be able to use the tools you have to dodge and bleed them.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Strudel Man posted:

But how many were they fighting against? If the native fighters were the deciding factor, I'd expect victory to go to whomever had more.

They outnumbered their enemies in every case except where they lost, or in the case of the conquest of Mexcio the more numerous (300k) Aztec force quickly dwindled thanks to a smallpox epidemic that decimated their leadership and, again, the Spanish captured Montezuma while house guests of the Emperor.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
In the beta, the customization screen was absolutely loving confusing for me, even when I didn't have anything to equip. The thing they probably did not explain at all was the system where you can make your gear look like something else for STEEL.

That being said though, this game is totally something different for me, and I'm gay for dark souls and medieval combat, so this looks like it's right up my alley. I hope so considering i was following this loving game for a year an a half

This might be the first game I had on a console where I had to look on a quick video they provided on how to play the class before I dove into it.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Dismantling 45 pieces of equipment is a particularly lovely experience because each one takes a few seconds for literally no reason.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Dismantling 45 pieces of equipment is a particularly lovely experience because each one takes a few seconds for literally no reason.

You can select a given piece of equipment instantly and do a mass 'dismantle all' after they're all selected.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Haroshia posted:

What sort of rewards does the campaign give you for multi (the only mode that matters).

According to one guy in his lawbringer video this morning, he got an engraving for clearing hard, and another for beating it on realistic. I assume if you start on the hardest mode you get them all.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Watching Strippin play Lawbringer right now. He's bitching constantly because of who he is, mostly because Lawbringer doesn't seem to have many super strong followups to his stuff like people are saying...HOWEVER he drains stamina like a motherfucker with his shoves. The move seems to be defensive and get rid of their stamina, then gently caress them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Watching a guy who sunk cash to buy the mythic Warden set. It loving gives him flaming angel wings :regd09:

Are all the mythic sets this ridiculous?

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Haroshia posted:

Watching Strippin play Lawbringer right now. He's bitching constantly because of who he is, mostly because Lawbringer doesn't seem to have many super strong followups to his stuff like people are saying...HOWEVER he drains stamina like a motherfucker with his shoves. The move seems to be defensive and get rid of their stamina, then gently caress them.

He's talking very matter of fact-ly about matchups, but he honestly doesn't seem to have a very good grasp of basic mechanics. Maybe it's just that he's not well versed with Lawbringer.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

He's talking very matter of fact-ly about matchups, but he honestly doesn't seem to have a very good grasp of basic mechanics. Maybe it's just that he's not well versed with Lawbringer.

Strippin is a loving salt mine who tends to suck at games forever because he gets tilted and instead of trying to learn just gets buttmad. He gets it in his head how things SHOULD be and when they're not like that he just whines. It's why despite sinking countless hours into stuff like Blood Bowl he's still a miserable failure at it. Still watching right now to watch the class being played.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 14, 2017

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Watching a guy who sunk cash to buy the mythic Warden set. It loving gives him flaming angel wings :regd09:

I believe the samurai have falling cherry blossoms

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Internet Kraken posted:

:ughh:

Wandle Cax posted:

I believe the samurai have falling cherry blossoms

That's far more tasteful at least

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Stippin definitely seems to be missing the basic gameplay style of the lawbringer, I don't know what that style is yet having not played it yet, but it shouldn't be this hard for the class to work.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Monowhatever posted:

Stippin definitely seems to be missing the basic gameplay style of the lawbringer, I don't know what that style is yet having not played it yet, but it shouldn't be this hard for the class to work.

1) He keeps shoving after a block instead of just light attacking for free damage
2) He keeps just trying to throw the unblockable over the shoulder throw in there for no loving reason.
3) He refuses to follow a grab or parry with a heavy.
4) He doesn't followup a wall throw or shove with a heavy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Strippin more like he's TRIPPIN right guys???

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

The vikings get electricity arcing around their bodies.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

mine started to unlock a few minutes ago :toot:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its 12:00 am and mine is still locked this is bullshit let me be the fat man already :byodood:

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Haroshia posted:

1) He keeps shoving after a block instead of just light attacking for free damage

Got a source for this? I'm jonesing for some low tier hero tech.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Its out!

Last minute 4GB update :v:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

...aaand psn is down

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

...aaand psn is down

:ubisoft:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

PC servers are getting whammied too.

The timer's putting me at about an hour for the patch.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

...aaand psn is down

Too much honor.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I'm pulling the patch from uPlay at a good tilt

...aaand its ready!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I went through Steam. So either Uplay users are getting priority, or my Midwest internet is choking.

Probably the latter.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

PSN was apparently down 40+ mins before launch, so maybe another ddos?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Floppychop posted:

I went through Steam. So either Uplay users are getting priority, or my Midwest internet is choking.

Probably the latter.

Steam is probably giving you the files from their own servers, where uplay is getting data from their own servers. Its probably just an issue of more people buying it on steam.

You can try changing your steam download center.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Is there a trick to Steam unpacking that makes it not take 2+ hours? Disk usage is all over the place, but never consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I got this with my video card and it's on UPlay which hasn't even shown signs of unlocking. I think I might actually have to wait until midnight PST instead of EST.